Page 119 of 824 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I personally am glad the election is over. I am happy that I will now see a steady decline in all the people here and in other places that talk about politics as if they are the only ones with a clue, posting rants as if every other person is completely uneducated. I just am so sick of the attitudes people get during election years. Degrading their friends and family simply because they have a different political view, it is completely annoying, trivial and childish.
    Yeah, it's like some idiot insulting DC, even tho Marvel is always the more evil one, with evidence like this, noone can claim i'm wrong:

Maaaan, you know what kinda blows? Rick Remender used to control this "dark nasty" corner of the Marvel Universe with Venom, Uncanny X-Force, Punisher and Secret Avengers, but he has tweeted about stuff how the shit hits the fan and the scales go higher than ever before with Uncanny Avengers, now the guy is clearly going to use some leftover ideas from SA/UXF on his new work, but at the same time this is massive big promotional Avengers stuff from Marvel, it really makes me ponder how much crazy can he go, compared to how much he has been with the darker less known stuff.

Gotta say tho, i'd love to read more about his Undead Avengers.

PS. Oh this reminds me, but i think it kinda blows Remender wasn't allowed to use Brother Voodoo nor Storm, yet Wolverine can be used by a multitude of writers. :b

Secret Avengers #34 teaser preview!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    @Robbie_Jee: That is not the definition of incumbancy onet, two, three, four separate sites and none of them use that as the definition.
    Really, well I got that definition from you're number two. Scroll down to politics and you'll see it. Isn't Wikipedia brilliant? :P

BANNED

Sorry, I meant to say your, not you're. I can't edit for some reason.

PS: I can explain where the word is derived from if you like. But I don't want to get too heavily into definitions with you. As you can see from the sites you've posted, they vastly differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yeah, it's like some idiot insulting DC, even tho Marvel is always the more evil one, with evidence like this, noone can claim i'm wrong:

Lol nice.

Maaaan, you know what kinda blows? Rick Remender used to control this "dark nasty" corner of the Marvel Universe with Venom, Uncanny X-Force, Punisher and Secret Avengers, but he has tweeted about stuff how the shit hits the fan and the scales go higher than ever before with Uncanny Avengers, now the guy is clearly going to use some leftover ideas from SA/UXF on his new work, but at the same time this is massive big promotional Avengers stuff from Marvel, it really makes me ponder how much crazy can he go, compared to how much he has been with the darker less known stuff.

Gotta say tho, i'd love to read more about his Undead Avengers.

PS. Oh this reminds me, but i think it kinda blows Remender wasn't allowed to use Brother Voodoo nor Storm, yet Wolverine can be used by a multitude of writers. :b

Secret Avengers #34 teaser preview!
    You have no idea how sad it makes me that Remender is leaving UXF and SA and we get Humphries taking over for one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Really, well I got that definition from you're number two. Scroll down to politics and you'll see it. Isn't Wikipedia brilliant? :P
    Etymology is actually where you found that and etymology is the study of the source of words, that definition is outdated. Also that is actually the definition of "cumber" not "incumbent," according to wikipedia.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Matthew Vaughn left X-Men Sequel to work on the Secret Service comic he co-created with Millar.

I find this rather believable, with the Bond franchise going strong, especially with the very well made Skyfall movie, i can see why Vaugh wants to make his movie that is pretty much Batman & Robin meets SHIELD meets James Bond.

So Iron Man #1 i
    s more or less a rehash of Warren Ellis' extremis to prepare for Iron Man 3. Marvel NOW? More like Marvel Re-Tell. ;)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12
    Etymology is actually where you found that and etymology is the study of the source of words, that definition is outdated. Also that is actually the definition of "cumber" not "incumbent," according to wikipedia.
    I love Etymology! I always keep this website saved on my phone for future references. http://www.fun-with-words.com/ Trust. It might seem a bit 'play-school' but it seriously is an impressive website.

I'm a great lover of linguistics too, the study of language. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I don't know of a more accurate representation of definitions. I remember getting into a debate with Plawsky about this ages ago and I referenced him a few sources, which I think really helped to 'conclude' the discussion. I use Etymology to give myself and others a more accurate understanding about the popularly held but false beliefs surrounding the origins of specific words, often originating in nothing more than assumptions. This also comes down to how people relate to words. They learn words by hearing them and repeating them, often without the acknowledgment of their definitions. Although, I try not to harp on too much about this because it can often be seen as rather pretentious. But if you're OK to continue discussing this with me, my housemate did a Masters Degree in English, so I'll converse with him about it once he gets back from work. He knows a lot more about history than me and may be able to tell me about the scholars who invent such words. There's also a great deal of political manipulation that often re-defines words. Seriously, you wouldn't believe the influence Parliament has over Oxford education. 'Murder' for example was changed in the late 1800's (I can't be bothered to go find the exact date but I will if you'd like me to) from 'killing with intent' to 'killing with malice'. You're correct about 'cumber' in incumbent. But it's not really that hard to figure out the derivation of that. But I am impressed that you know that. So this kind of makes ne wonder why you're in such disagreement with me about this. I really hope I haven't offended you, mate.

@Everyone - I want to show everyone this. It's funny. And it's sort of comics related too. http://xkcd.com/1010/

Wow! Way to go Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I mean, we were screwed both ways.

Anyway, what're y'all picking up tomorrow?

Mars Attacks #5
    Avenging Spider-Man #14
    AVX: Consequences #5
    Daredevil: End of Days #2
    Deadpool #1
    Marvel's Iron Man 2 Adaptation #1
    Scott Pilgrim Vol. 2: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Color Edition
    Smallville Season 11 #7
    I think all I have are the new Swamp Thing and Earth 2. I feel like I may have one more that I'm forgetting...
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I think all I have are the new Swamp Thing and Earth 2. I feel like I may have one more that I'm forgetting...

;)

My Blog

BANNED

What?!! That's not fair!!!!

Nah, I'm happy for them really. Hopefully others will follow suit.

Meanwhile, the UK remains as traditional and as boring as ever.

I've always said, if you illegalise a physical product, you can't control its distribution.

Warring conflicts often come about because of the people who control the distribution of a high demand source. It's profit as usual. It's really good financially that it's been legalised in Colorado because now the Colorado committee can gain profits to send back into the economy. And when they start growing it, the lack of shipping/importation costs that add to the value of it goes down. Then Colorado can put a high tax on it, so then it goes back up to it's original price when it was illegal, except this time profits go to a more justified cause.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Oh I dropped Action Comics ages ago. =P

That's not Chris Hemsworth. O_o Is that his stunt double? What is supposed to make Balfro happy?
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    That's not Chris Hemsworth. O_o Is that his stunt double? What is supposed to make Balfro happy?
    lol stunt double. HINT: I sure hope it doesn't get too chilly.

BANNED

Going for FREE on Comixology if anyone wants them.
    - Ultimate Comics: Armor Wars #1
    - Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2 #1
    - Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2 #2

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    lol stunt double. HINT: I sure hope it doesn't get too chilly.
    No sleeves? =o I guess it does make him look more like his Ultimate counterpart.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Going for FREE on Comixology if anyone wants them.
    - Ultimate Comics: Armor Wars #1
    - Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2 #1
    - Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2 #2
    Thanks Robbie. So how was everyone's comics today?