Page 116 of 824 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 12359

New info on the upcoming Beware the Batman show:

4th Picture: Humpty Dumpty

Batman
    Secret Identity: Bruce Wayne
    Preferred Weapon: Batarangs, the Batmobile

Katana
    Secret Identity: Tatsu Yamashiro
    Occupation: Former member of the CIA and the League of Asssasins. Ninja.
    Preferred Weapon: The Soul Taker Sword

Alfred
    Full Name: Alfred J. Pennyworth
    Preferred Weapon: Pulse rifle

Professor Pyg
    Secret Identity: Lazlo Velentin
    Preferred Weapon: Bone saw, scalpels

Mr. Toad
    Secret Identity: Unknown
    Preferred Weapon: Sonic croak, flame-throwing cane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails btb2.jpg  
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

The game is afoot!

I don't mean to start any political debates, but I've been staring at the polling data for about a week now, and I'm predicting a slim Romney win (279-259).

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    @RockyBanks Hey, did you read Preacher #2?
    Nope, but I will at some point. That first issue was too interesting to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Professor Pyg seems like an awfully gruesome choice for a kids' show.

On Vacation

Yah my prediction is that Obama will win the popular vote but Romney will win the electoral college votes. I wonder how that will work out.

I agree - go vote!!

That said, this is not a place for any sort of political discourse, arguments, or anything of the like. If you want to talk about these things in detail, there are threads on the community forum for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yah my prediction is that Obama will win the popular vote but Romney will win the electoral college votes. I wonder how that will work out.
    I'd say the odds of that happening again are pretty slim, but it's certainly a possibility. Anything that can bring about election reform, I'm fine with.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

In non-election related news, I'm finally getting to dig into Pax Romana by Jonathan Hickman. My roommate, who is a very casual comic reader, mostly borrowing from me, asked me if I'd ever read it. I said "how do you know about Pax Romana?!?" For whatever reason, he's got a copy of it. And being at work at six this morning for no reason but to open the doors for voters (my work is a polling place today...fun) means that I've got a few hours to do nothing. Well, more nothing than I usually do at work.

I'm only through the first issue, but holy crap. This is fascinating stuff. It's hard to believe that this is only his second comic; it's far from the safe kind of work that most people might do to get their start. It'll take a bit for me to get through the rest, because it's an extremely dense read, but I look forward to the rest of it.

BANNED

Obama's going to win. For the sheer reason that he's only done one term.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    That said, this is not a place for any sort of political discourse, arguments, or anything of the like. If you want to talk about these things in detail, there are threads on the community forum for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Obama's going to win. For the sheer reason that he's only done one term.
    That's hardly a reason for him to win.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Awwww, cheer up! You can talk about the election... I just don't want any Romney vs Obama debates. There's enough of those around.

You can, however, debate which fast food Mexican restaurant is the best. But I defy anyone to tell me it's not Taco Bell.

That's hardly a reason for him to win.
    In Robbie's defense, unseating an incumbent is a rare event. Last time it happened was 20 years ago, and the time before that was 1980. Both were circumstances in which the incumbent was doomed from the start.

Awwww, cheer up! You can talk about the election... I just don't want any Romney vs Obama debates. There's enough of those around.

You can, however, debate which fast food Mexican restaurant is the best. But I defy anyone to tell me it's not Taco Bell.
    If a Taco Bell ever opens up in my hometown, I'm dropping my diet and resigning myself to an early grave. I cannot resist those Doritos tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    So far I am not really looking foward to this show, if it was pretty much anything but Batman I wouldnt even give it a chance.

Thats pretty onesided man, as there are no other mexican fast food restaurant out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Thats pretty onesided man, as there are no other mexican fast food restaurant out there.
    Not if you're from Texas. We've got plenty of them. Just one more reason why Texas is the greatest country in America.

In Robbie's defense, unseating an incumbent is a rare event. Last time it happened was 20 years ago, and the time before that was 1980. Both were circumstances in which the incumbent was doomed from the start.
    Yeah, but 20 years ago is only 5 elections. And only two of those were against incumbents. I think the overall rate is somewhere around 70%, which is high, but hardly a lock.

Not if you're from Texas. We've got plenty of them. Just one more reason why Texas is the greatest country in America.
    Sir, I salute your conviction.

BANNED

Yes, pretty much, looking back at the past Presidents. I hear that in the US it's seen very much as a political failure for a Presidency to not last into its second term.

Elder Member

Sugar sprinkles. That is all.