Page 114 of 824 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 12359
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

Love it.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

I'm watching this movie called YellowBrickRoad. I'm finding it really hard to watch. My friend told me to watch it and I'm hoping it's because he wanted me to experience it's suckage first hand.

This is an interesting source of myths for Mythbusters. But I'm curious to see what they do with it. I can think of a few scenes that definitely stood out as pushing the limits of reality. But not many more than that. I think Mythbusters is at its best when it's testing myths from James Bond movies and McGyver.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I managed to get the first three Ultimate Collections of Ultimate X-Men plus Ultimates for $40 bucks on eBay today - talk about a deal; 51 issues in trades for $40. I just wish that everything else Ultimate was in Ultimate Collections. I've always thought that ~12 issues was the perfect size for a trade.

On a similar note, I'm now officially starting the process of replacing all my Ultimate singles with trades, so I'm looking to sell off my Ultimate collection. And I'm doing it CHEAP - let me know if you're interested. I'd much rather sell these to another Ultimate fan. I've got everything (minus a handful of random issues) except for the first run (1-133) of USM.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    On a similar note, I'm now officially starting the process of replacing all my Ultimate singles with trades, so I'm looking to sell off my Ultimate collection. And I'm doing it CHEAP - let me know if you're interested. I'd much rather sell these to another Ultimate fan. I've got everything (minus a handful of random issues) except for the first run (1-133) of USM.
    Man, that's like saying "2013 Ferrari for sale, no engine. $50k OBO."

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Man, that's like saying "2013 Ferrari for sale, no engine. $50k OBO."
    Yeah, it's been the one glaring omission in my collection. I went back a few years ago and got all the back issues of everything else on eBay, but I never got around to buying USM because it was a bit more expensive as a lot and I didn't want to hunt everything down one by one. Plus, I've pretty much got those issues memorized. Though I do need to buy a copy of USM #117 to hang next to my Immonen art.

Green Lantern #14 preview! Simon Baz's story continues, i really like the design they made for him. :) The Rise of the 3rd Army however is something the GL fans have been waiting for many many years. :b

Green Arrow #17 begins the new creative team to kick-off Green Arrow's new rising popularity: "Animal Man" writer Jeff Lemire and "I, Vampire" artist Andrea Sorrentino will take on the emerald archer for a new direction in the series.

Who here has been watching CW's Arrow? I'm liking it so far! The premiere episode was sadly the most poor man's Batman Begins rip off out there, but while the show has some serious suffers from clichés, it's the character dynamics that make the show entertaining for me. I'm really liking Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, not to mention we'll finally get some Deathstroke this coming episode. It's nice to see Oliver receive more attention out there, despite being a poor man's Batman, he's atleast rather social crusading one which makes him quite cool.

February is the launch of brand new Justice League comics!
    Geoff Johns & David Finch - Justice League of America

Today, DC Comics announced that for their highly promoted February launch of a "Justice League of America" title by Geoff Johns and David Finch, they will release 52 variant covers for its first issue. Aside from promotionally lining up with their "New 52" line of superhero books, the number will also represent a cover for each of the 50 United States and two representing Washington DC and U.S. Commonwealth Puerto Rico.

This news comes via MTV Geek who also noted two new tie-in series will also launch around the title in February – a "Vibe" comic from "Arrow" writer Andrew Kreisberg and artist Pete Woods and a "Katana" series written by Ann Nocenti and drawn by artist Alex Sanchez. As a result of that second book, Nocenti will step down from "Green Arrow" to make way for writer Jeff Lemire starting with issue #17. All three monthly series are expected to connect with the new Justice League monthly.

DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio shared his thoughts on the move with MTV, saying,"We've done a lot of great things with the 'New 52, and now we're putting the focus back on Justice League, with the launch of 'Justice League of America'. We want to make people realize that this is one of our key franchises, and we plan to build it out not just with the main 'Justice League' titles, but other books that tie into them as well." He added of the 52-cover gimmick, "Given the title of the comic and the year in which we're announcing -- an election year -- we wanted to celebrate the country, as well as the various states."
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

@DRZ, how do you feel about DC releasing 52 variant covers for JLA #1?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I know what you're getting at, but it doesn't work since each variant is for each state. Nice try!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, it's been the one glaring omission in my collection. I went back a few years ago and got all the back issues of everything else on eBay, but I never got around to buying USM because it was a bit more expensive as a lot and I didn't want to hunt everything down one by one. Plus, I've pretty much got those issues memorized. Though I do need to buy a copy of USM #117 to hang next to my Immonen art.
    *cough* *Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus* *cough*

Frank Cho talks The Savage Wolverine!

Link includes 6 pages of uncolored goodness! I'm actually fairly excited for this book.

This made me giggle.

Last edited by wyokid; 11-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    *cough* *Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus* *cough*
    Yeah, I plan to pick that up at some point. But it's not going out of print anytime so, so I'm in no rush.

It's just so damn big. The end of Venom makes sense as a stopping point, but I hate reading books that big. I feel like Legacy or Public Scrutiny could have worked just as well for the end of volume one. It also means that volume two has to start with Geldoff; as much as we love him, I feel like starting a book with an arc featuring a random Latverian nobody and the X-Men isn't the best idea. I guess their thinking is that they can do the whole book in 4 volumes. But really, there's 172 issues, if you include Six (which they'd be fools not to), 1/2 (which they already did), the annuals (which they certainly will), and the requiems (which they probably should), if they want them as well. So that changes it to 40 (1-39, 1/2), 46 (40-78, Six), 41 (79-117, Annual #1 and 2), and 45 (118-133, 1-15, 150-160, Requiems, Annual #3).

So not only do you get three books that are even harder to hold onto than the first volume, you get some really weird breaks. It would make much more sense to break after Bagley's run and again after Immonen's. Plus, Hobgoblin would probably go in better with the 3rd volume, bringing #2 down to 39 issues. Here's the way I'd do it (and the way I plan to do it eventually with my custom binds):

1) 1-27
    2) 28-53, 1/2 (minus #46)
    3) 46, Six, 54-71
    4) 72-96, Annual 1
    5) 97-111, Annual 2
    6) 112-133, Annual 3, Requiems
    7) 1-15, 150-160, relevant fallout material
    8) 1-17 (probably), Spider-men

As far as issue count goes, that's 27, 26, 26, 27, 16, 25, 27, 23. It's not quite perfect, but the divides are a lot better. I'm also going to add the USM 100 project to volume 5 to give it some more size. Though, I'm probably not going to put the Ultimatum issues in with #6, which would bring it down to 18 issues. Requiem is a much better ending, but I'll be doing an Ultimatum bind as well. Plus #128's ending has a very cool "to be continued" vibe (despite that story not continuing until now). #5 and 6 could combine, but I'd rather break it at the art switch, and 34 issues would be quite a bit bigger than the rest of the books.

Yeah, I've overthought this. But that's kind of what I do.

Frank Cho talks The Savage Wolverine!

Link includes 6 pages of uncolored goodness! I'm actually fairly excited for this book.
    Did you notice that Ultimate Danvers, Zarda, Valkyrie, Shanna, and Amora are in that book also?

I will say though, I'm really digging Cho's panel layouts. His art goes hit or miss for me though.

Elder Member

I prefer bigger books so they way they're doing this is perfect for me.

Cho is my newest guilty-pleasure artist. He has fantastic layouts but his portrayal of women have a lot to be desired. At least this has dinosaurs! :D

I was persecuted in the weirdest way the other day. I had been singing Last Kiss (by Wayne Cochran) and someone who knows I'm an Atheist said, in all seriousness, "You can't sing that song due to it having to do with heaven". The hell right? It ended in a huge debate with both of us pissed off and ready to punch each other in the face. So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I know what you're getting at, but it doesn't work since each variant is for each state. Nice try!
    It's still a bunch of variants, either way, and it's one hell of a gimmick. I personally have no problem with it, it's really no different than the ASM #666 comic shop variants. It's cool that they're allowing stores to order it without having to order extra covers, but that doesn't make it any less of a gimmick. There are going to be collectors who hunt down all 52 to complete the United States. Even if there's just 100 people who do that, that's instantly an extra 5200 copies sold.

Plus, this seems like an odd book to do that with. The JLA title will help boost it, I'm sure, but I can't see this being a big seller with that lineup.