Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Вопрос

Не все ясно, обьясните подробнее

Issue 3 out today!

Another rock solid issue. Hester and Nauck are doing an excellent job with the characters. Some quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    - Loved the opening scene with Samson. These kind of character building moments (and humor) are exactly what you hope for in an expanded universe series like this.
    - Knew that we were going to get an El Chup and Wolfman misunderstanding fight. Was fun to see Wolfman again. The letters page makes it sound like he'll be a regular presence.
    - Pretty sure that spider alien that was possessing people is the same one from the Brit series. Nice call back to that book and it makes for an interesting villain since you then get some hero on hero fighting. Looking forward to seeing what Japandroid can do when she cuts loose.
    - No Invincible on page (although the name is mentioned). Still not sure where this fits on the timeline but I wonder if that was intentional because they knew this issue would hits stands before the Invincible 97 - 100 issues where I'm expecting Mark to take the role back.
    end of spoilers

Loving having this 2nd title and so far I'd rate it higher then the first mini series. Although I'm hoping we'll get some issues that are a bit more focused on particular characters in the future.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

I'm really enjoying this comic. I liked Nauck's art before, mostly from 'Young Justice', but it seems like he's getting a bit better every issue. Extremely happy to have a comic that focuses on the background characters of 'Invincible', since sometimes they're more interesting than the main characters.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Picked this up as it was a quiet week and found it as dull and uninteresting as the first two. Just not for me I guess.
    Meh!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Picked this up as it was a quiet week and found it as dull and uninteresting as the first two. Just not for me I guess.
    Are you a fan of the main Invincible title?

I'm curious as to if this book will appeal to people that aren't already fans of the characters and universe.

Im a fan of Invincible but i found the first mini very boring and not going back.

I feel like Kirkman has lost some of his superhero writing mojo for some reasons. Not even Invincible is as important, fun superhero as before to me. Thats why im not trying this series.

Frankly i hope this series is fun,good because Kirkman was few years ago more consistent than he is now outside TWD imo.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Are you a fan of the main Invincible title?
    Yes, it's the only reason I checked out the GG book. I'll admit, I have been getting a bit bored of it recently though (although the last issue picked up a bit.)
    Meh!

Issue 4 is now out!

Overall I thought this was the best issue of the series so far. Perfect balance of team fighting and character moments. A couple quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    - Donald's not going to win any father of the year awards. I enjoy getting these little character building family moments for the various characters. Exactly what you hope for in an expanded universe book.
    - Poor Japandroid. Although I favor dead is dead, I'm almost hoping for a comeback since she's mostly robot. She was a cool character. Can't believe we've already got a death in the series (apparently 2 with Embrace).
    - Best Tiger is frickin cool. Funny how he figured out that Outrun wasn't herself. "Name isn't Good Tiger. It's Best Tiger." That might be the best quote I've read in a long time.
    - New villain: Kinda iffy on the character design (doesn't look very menacing) but looks to be a badass if he can take down Set that easy. Looking forward to seeing what happens with him.
    end of spoilers

Issue was a lot of fun. Loving Nauck's art also and thought this was his best issue as well.

I love Invincible and was really excited about another book in the same universe but have had a hard time getting into the past 2 issues. I think I'm going to just stick with Invincible with the time being.

Edit: Should have kept my mouth shut until reading issue #4. Something about it really pulled me in. Best Tiger is my favorite character at the moment.
    Last edited by cphilli; 12-08-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    I love Invincible and was really excited about another book in the same universe but have had a hard time getting into the past 2 issues. I think I'm going to just stick with Invincible with the time being.

Edit: Should have kept my mouth shut until reading issue #4. Something about it really pulled me in. Best Tiger is my favorite character at the moment.
    I have only read the first two issues but have 3-5 ordered...This series just isnt that interesting to me. I decide not to order #6 but may re-think it if 3 or 4 hit it out of the park. Just found the first 2 issues to be kind of forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    I have only read the first two issues but have 3-5 ordered...This series just isnt that interesting to me. I decide not to order #6 but may re-think it if 3 or 4 hit it out of the park. Just found the first 2 issues to be kind of forgettable.
    That's exactly where I landed. After issue #2 I was a bit bored but I saved issue #3 for when #4 came out and read them back to back and I enjoyed them much more than issue 1 and 2. I'm going to stick with it for a bit and see how it goes.

Where does this comic fit in with the Invincible story line? Especially with what just happened in Invincible #98.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

I've thought this series has been rock solid since its launch. Latest issue (4) was just a reinforcement of that. Hester and Nauck are on fire.

I like this book alot. But I have a Brit crush so maybe that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    Where does this comic fit in with the Invincible story line? Especially with what just happened in Invincible #98.
    Not sure where it fits in related to issue 98 but the letters page said that issue 1 started after the Flaxan invasion in Invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Not sure where it fits in related to issue 98 but the letters page said that issue 1 started after the Flaxan invasion in Invincible.
    Thanks! That's what I get for skipping the letters page :)