Default DC movie in 2014?

Man of Steel comes out next year and the plan is for Justice League to arrive summer 2015, but what about 2014? has anyone heard any rumors? are they just gonna take a pass and let Marvel Studios rule that summer?

BANNED

Maybe Lobo. That's coming, but we don't know the year.

I heard a rumour not so long ago that 2014 would be void at least of any major DC release, with JL slated for a 2015 release. Though keep in mind this came from a report that quoted an un-named insider so it's quite possibly nonsense.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

Dripper is right, the main DC release for 2014 is the Lobo movie, assuming it actually starts filming.

You mean the Lobo movie directed by the guy who did Journey 2 and possibly staring The Rock? (face palm)

You just know its going to be PG or PG-13 for more mass appeal. As long as the script is ok i wouldnt mind it toned down. Though i have about zero confidence in WB. I would actually love to see Jeffery Dean Morgan (The Comedian) as Lobo. He's already proven he can play a cigar chomping badass.

It's probably a good idea- if Marvel will have a bunch out in 2014- to just avoid the year. Movie theaters are getting more and more crowded.

While I liked Green Lantern alright, it did itself no favors coming out in a year of three Marvel based movies.
    Head to head with Thor, sure. First Class, well it had great style but I thought Blake could out-act the robot who played Emma Frost . But also in a year with Captain America? Never gonna win that. I was pleasantly surprised how much I like Captain America, style and substance.

DC needs to focus on quality movies over quantity. Marvel has built up enough of a reputation to avoid being slammed for the occasional stinker they put out, people still believe Marvel is always better (Marvel usually is good, but not all are great ) DC, it seems, only does well with Nolan making Batman. So hopefully Man of Steel is good and changes people's minds about DC potential.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    It's probably a good idea- if Marvel will have a bunch out in 2014- to just avoid the year. Movie theaters are getting more and more crowded.

While I liked Green Lantern alright, it did itself no favors coming out in a year of three Marvel based movies.
    Head to head with Thor, sure. First Class, well it had great style but I thought Blake could out-act the robot who played Emma Frost . But also in a year with Captain America? Never gonna win that. I was pleasantly surprised how much I like Captain America, style and substance.

DC needs to focus on quality movies over quantity. Marvel has built up enough of a reputation to avoid being slammed for the occasional stinker they put out, people still believe Marvel is always better (Marvel usually is good, but not all are great ) DC, it seems, only does well with Nolan making Batman. So hopefully Man of Steel is good and changes people's minds about DC potential.

Unfortunately, if DC wants to straight up avoid the competition they'd have to stop making movies all-together. They have AT LEAST three Marvel movies coming out every year from now until 2015, and probably won't stop there.

2013:
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    The Wolverine
    Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall

2014:
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    X-Men: Days of Future Past

2015:
    The Avengers 2

No date yet:
    Ant-Man
    Deadpool
    Venom
    Fantastic Four: Reborn
    Black Panther
    Incredible Hulk 2

See where I'm going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    Unfortunately, if DC wants to straight up avoid the competition they'd have to stop making movies all-together. They have AT LEAST three Marvel movies coming out every year from now until 2015, and probably won't stop there.

2013:
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    The Wolverine
    Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall

2014:
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    X-Men: Days of Future Past

2015:
    The Avengers 2

No date yet:
    Ant-Man
    Deadpool
    Venom
    Fantastic Four: Reborn
    Black Panther
    Incredible Hulk 2

See where I'm going with this?

Most of those movies you listed with no date probably just won't happen.

Sony was in serious talks about an antihero Venom movie with Carnage as the villain, but for now that idea has kind of been balled up and thrown in the trash. For now at least, but it appears this movie isn't happening.

Deadpool is a movie that has been in development, but it appears stuck in developmental hell right now. The word was Ryan Reynolds was on board and they wanted to film in 2012, but it just hasn't happened. I absolutely want this film to happen more than any other hero movie (Marvel or DC), but FOX has put a higher priority on the new BS Wolverine movie and the First Class sequel.

Incredible Hulk 2 appears to have no legs to it right now. Marvel Studios has too many other projects going on and characters they want to develop/introduce to worry about a new Hulk film. It'll probably happen at some point, but this is a movie that has no momentum. Another live action Hulk TV show appears to have a shot at happening though.

Black Panther is more of an idea for now. Marvel Studios hasn't made much progress in getting anywhere with the movie and the need for an african american hero in their MCU is going to be filled by Falcon, who will appear in the Captain America sequel and in Avengers 2.

The only two on that list that appear to be on the way is Ant-Man and the Fantastic Four reboot. But even Ant-Man may get held up and caught in developmental hell if Edgar Wright decides to take another project next year (it is rumored he was approached by JJ Abrams about something), but if he goes forward with it, they will film next year and have the movie ready by 2014/2015. There is also the Daredevil reboot that you didn't mention, but it appears FOX is going to let those rights revert back to Marvel Studios/Disney and I'm not sure if they want to tackle that project yet. They also just got the rights back to Punisher and Feige said he was interested in giving that a go.

But the thing Marvel has that DC doesn't, is other studios making projects. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is going to be produced by Sony and the Wolverine/First Class sequel is being done by FOX. As will the Fantastic Four reboot and possible Deadpool movie. But Marvel Studios has a lot going on despite that with sequels for Iron Man, Thor, Cap and the Avengers on tap as well as Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man. But despite that, there is no excuse for DC to not get more going. The only thing we know we're getting from DC for sure is Man of Steel. Even the Justice League project isn't a done deal. Lobo is a movie we keep hearing about, but keeps going nowhere. DC/Warner Bros. really needs to get going. It is kind of sad that the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man will get their own feature films before Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman. DC really needs to stop relying on Batman and Superman to carry the load for them in Hollywood.