Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

I being wondering this. Was it Marston they wrote Steve x Diana as a couple or after because this kinda question if she was meant to be straight. Than again I think the fact that she was comply to help Steve said something.

Well, there's a difference between being 100% homosexual and being straight, as it were. As Marston knew.

Moderate Moderator Javier Velasco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    I being wondering this. Was it Marston they wrote Steve x Diana as a couple or after because this kinda question if she was meant to be straight. Than again I think the fact that she was comply to help Steve said something.
    Unlike Superman or Batman, WW was set up with a romantic interest from day one. Diana took on the Diana Prince identity in her first story in the Man's World to be close to Steve. She even says in the last panel that as Diana Prince she may become her own romantic rival. When Marston retells the origin story to fill in details, he clearly has Diana fall in love with Steve when she obsesses about saving his life with the purple ray. Steve also never calls her Diana. He calls her "Angel." Both because she saved his life and because of its romantic connotation.

So where as romance didn't figure much in other heroes stories, it was always front and center in Marston's WW. So much so that, when you read the Golden Age stories, it seems as if Diana was the most romantically (possibly even sexually) active hero out there. I mean did Superman or Batman kiss as often as Wonder Woman did?

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    Unlike Superman or Batman, WW was set up with a romantic interest from day one. Diana took on the Diana Prince identity in her first story in the Man's World to be close to Steve. She even says in the last panel that as Diana Prince she may become her own romantic rival. When Marston retells the origin story to fill in details, he clearly has Diana fall in love with Steve when she obsesses about saving his life with the purple ray. Steve also never calls her Diana. He calls her "Angel." Both because she saved his life and because of its romantic connotation.

So where as romance didn't figure much in other heroes stories, it was always front and center in Marston's WW. So much so that, when you read the Golden Age stories, it seems as if Diana was the most romantically (possibly even sexually) active hero out there. I mean did Superman or Batman kiss as often as Wonder Woman did?
    Never thought Diana had Forence Nightingale Syndrome.

The Florence Nightingale effect is a situation where a caregiver develops romantic and/or sexual feelings for his/her patient, even if very little communication or contact takes place outside of basic care. Feelings may fade once the patient is no longer in need of care, either by recovery or death.

Unlike Superman or Batman, WW was set up with a romantic interest from day one.
    Lois was right there in Action #1...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Lois was right there in Action #1...
    And Batman's dating Julie Madison three or four issues after his first appearance.

I mean did Superman or Batman kiss as often as Wonder Woman did?
    Only privately. It was a different time.

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Only privately. It was a different time.
    You win

Hey this one will follows Diana clay origin right. Also the issue that in the vault was the originally first issue of wonder woman. Is there a set release date for Earth One.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 01-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.

I mean did Superman or Batman kiss as often as Wonder Woman did?
    Wonder Woman and Steve didn't actually have their first kiss on the lips until WW #83, many years after Marston died. Even though they were clearly sweethearts-- unlike Superman and Lois-- we would more frequently see Steve and Diana Prince going out for dinner or dancing. Wonder Woman was more about resisting Steve in the Marston stories than being full-on romantic.

It wasn't until Kanigher that we'd see romantic scenes like WW making dinner for Steve, going for drives, going to the beach, buying gifts, etc.

I don't know the early Superman very well, but didn't he consider Lois a bit of a pest? Unlike Steve and ww who were clearly a couple.
    Last edited by Seant; 01-14-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    I don't know the early Superman very well, but didn't he consider Lois a bit of a pest? Unlike Steve and ww who were clearly a couple.
    Superman thought Lois was a pest and Lois thought Clark was a pest, but their actions demonstrated that it wasn't a negative thing. More like an endearing quirk than anything else. They weren't an "official couple" until the Bronze Age, but they did have romantic sparks throughout. Superman kissed Lois in the Max Fleisher cartoons and Clark and Lois went out on dates in Golden Age Superman comics. In the Silver Age the number of romantic encounters, especially with Superman and Lois, increased. Here's an example and here are some kisses circa the 50s-60s. If you're really curious, browse the Golden Age, Silver Age, and Bronze Age sections of a blog dedicated to Clark/Lois, including the 1980's Superman Family stories where Lois and Superman/Clark are married.

Bleeding Cool has small preview of WW Earth One. Got to admit a little bit of me wasn't actually expecting this to happen. My hopes are now slightly raised.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Bleeding Cool has small preview of WW Earth One. Got to admit a little bit of me wasn't actually expecting this to happen. My hopes are now slightly raised.

Why can't we get art like this for our current title?

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

Looks good so far!
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

Dr. Poison's Lab Asst. Power Guy's Avatar

I was just thinking what an interesting scene that is. Maybe once Azzarello is off of Wonder Woman, we could get a similar scene with Wonder Woman and Ares?
    Check out Hall of Justice Forums at: http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com