Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default FAN EXPO: "Wolverine & The X-Men" Taps Ramón K. Pérez & Dog Logan

The Eisner Award-winning artist of "Tale of Sand," shifts to superheroes as Ramón K. Pérez joins Jason Aaron for a "Wolverine & The X-Men" story featuring the return of Wolvie's brother Dog.

Full article here.

That was somewhat disappointing because I was looking forward to drawing Beast of Iceman
    This typo has potential.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Five part arc is a worry. I quite like these kids compared to the New X-Men etc but I would also prefer more focus on the "teachers".
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Five part arc is a worry. I quite like these kids compared to the New X-Men etc but I would also prefer more focus on the "teachers".
    Yep last time there was five part story with the Savage Land was CC's run? Ugh.

Also Logan is teaching Survival 101? The hell? What survival tactics does he have? He gets away with everything because of his healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Yep last time there was five part story with the Savage Land was CC's run? Ugh.

Also Logan is teaching Survival 101? The hell? What survival tactics does he have? He gets away with everything because of his healing factor.
    Not always the case. Back in the old days, he was capable of a lot of survivalist skills. Later writers have gotten lazy about it, but it was a big thing in the early Claremont era.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Yeah, that's a little disappointing. Also this announcement seems somewhat premature. Issues #25-30 are still quite a long way off. #15 is being released this week.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Not always the case. Back in the old days, he was capable of a lot of survivalist skills. Later writers have gotten lazy about it, but it was a big thing in the early Claremont era.
    Well he's getting lazy now. The last thing a student needs is a lazy teacher.

Sir, what do I do against this dinosaur.
    Well you kinda run up to him and let him rip your head off. Then when it regrows you just stab him with your claws.

So...doesn't that art kind of spoil Uncanny X-force?

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

So who are the students going away to create the "empty seats in class?" Of the main Aaron students on that cover, only Kid Gladiator and Angel are missing.

And is that shark-head person a student? There's no other random creatures in that image, they're all attacking the dinosaur. And the random girl in the picture next to "Pixie" is not in the main image. Is she the shark-head?

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    Yeah, that's a little disappointing. Also this announcement seems somewhat premature. Issues #25-30 are still quite a long way off. #15 is being released this week.
    That's one of the effects of double shipping. And to get to #25 in January, the book will be double shipping every month between now and then, including January.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Five issues without any of the teachers?

Bendis has his work cut out for him during that period.

I’m a bit worried about the whole "empty seats in class?" thing. I don’t want to see any more dead X-kids, it’s just depressing.

One possibility is that the Phoenix remains on earth in some capacity and Gladiator pulls his kid off of Earth for fear of what might happen.

Why do i get the feeling the Hellfire Kids will attempt and succeed to join the School?

Thus if Logan says no, they will file a discrimination lawsuit.

That is the only thing we wouldn't see coming for that to be their plan.

But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by IN-A-SYNCH; 08-27-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    If Bishop had succeeded, we would've never had AvX. Bishop was right. - Seresecros

Sounds like a fun story. The only thing that has me worried is the addition of Dog Logan. With all the mishugina going on with Loeb in the Wolverine solo, Logan's past is the lat thing I want focused on in this title.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12