Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Please offer valid and informative criticisms or just stop. Your opinion is not a fact and it doesn't apply to anyone but you.
    The general idea of a forum, such as this one for example, is to give your opinion. Which i've done repeatedly, such as the writing is terrible, the recharacterization is an abomination, the new costumes are ridiculous, and the art is...well the art is ok. Please offer valid and informative reasons why I should stop before the product improves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    Send letters directly to DC, who are the only people who need to hear your comments.
    I assume you are telling me this only after sending DC letters for each of your 3231 posts. Because, you know, they are the only ones who need to hear your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe1809 View Post
    I assume you are telling me this only after sending DC letters for each of your 3231 posts. Because, you know, they are the only ones who need to hear your comments.
    Well therin lies the difference between positive and negative comments. I make positive comments because I like what they are doing. I have no desire to enact change. You, however, are making negative comments and say you want the content to change. Posting in a newsgroup doesn't accomplish that.

Unless you just find it entertaining to tell other people about how you don't like something, which makes no sense. Unless of course your goal is to attempt to make sure that because you aren't getting what you want, you spoil it for everybody else. Which shows a high level of maturity.

But maybe I'm wrong. I post in the DC newsgroups because I find it entertaining to talk about a subject I enjoy. I do not visit or post in newsgroups on subjects I don't have anything positive to speak about. Heck, I don't even go to the Marvel group, and I don't particularly dislike Marvel, just don't have anything to say. So why do you post in the DC newsgroup?
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Unless you just find it entertaining to tell other people about how you don't like something, which makes no sense. Unless of course your goal is to attempt to make sure that because you aren't getting what you want, you spoil it for everybody else. Which shows a high level of maturity.
    I've said it before but I am loving for the first time this newly forming JSA, they were decades overdue for a major overhaul reboot, IMO. It's my favorite team title I look forward to every month.

As to the part I highlighted from your comment, that's pretty much what happens by a disgruntled vocal minority on EVERY New 52 Batgirl thread in the Batman Forum. On the plus side though, after a year it has been desisting somewhat. I think that a full year with 12 issues kinda hammers home to any who don't like a change that the change isn't going to get undone, and they eventually mostly give up the criticisms, so for Earth 2 we only have a half year to go
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Upcoming titles:
    Storm

BANNED

Well therin lies the difference between positive and negative comments. I make positive comments because I like what they are doing. I have no desire to enact change. You, however, are making negative comments and say you want the content to change. Posting in a newsgroup doesn't accomplish that.

But maybe I'm wrong. I post in the DC newsgroups because I find it entertaining to talk about a subject I enjoy. I do not visit or post in newsgroups on subjects I don't have anything positive to speak about. Heck, I don't even go to the Marvel group, and I don't particularly dislike Marvel, just don't have anything to say. So why do you post in the DC newsgroup?
    I'm not dumb enough to believe me writing to DC will make one lick of difference with what they do. So I write it hear, all so you can go out of your way tell me how ridiculous it is to either not like what they are doing or to simply post about not liking it, depending on the day.

If you allow someone else's opinion to influence whether you enjoy something or not, that's simply a level of absurdity hard to match. It must be incredibly difficult to go on day to day knowing that at any moment someone can spoil your lunch by saying they don't like bread.

The problem here is that I am a DC fan. I have been for more than 30 years. Nowhere have I said that I hate everything DC is doing, just that certain things are beyond bad, such as the travesty that is earth 2 and the JSA in this new universe. If I wasn't a DC fan, I wouldn't care enough to post about it. Sorry if that bothers you; I'll try to post pictures of care bears along with negative posts to make sure to balance things out for you. And there will be more negative posts until DC fixes the bad.

But hey, I appreciate that you take the time to reply to every single one of my posts to let me know your opinion of me.

I'm not dumb enough to believe me writing to DC will make one lick of difference with what they do. So I write it hear, all so you can go out of your way tell me how ridiculous it is to either not like what they are doing or to simply post about not liking it, depending on the day.

If you allow someone else's opinion to influence whether you enjoy something or not, that's simply a level of absurdity hard to match. It must be incredibly difficult to go on day to day knowing that at any moment someone can spoil your lunch by saying they don't like bread.

The problem here is that I am a DC fan. I have been for more than 30 years. Nowhere have I said that I hate everything DC is doing, just that certain things are beyond bad, such as the travesty that is earth 2 and the JSA in this new universe. If I wasn't a DC fan, I wouldn't care enough to post about it. Sorry if that bothers you; I'll try to post pictures of care bears along with negative posts to make sure to balance things out for you. And there will be more negative posts until DC fixes the bad.

But hey, I appreciate that you take the time to reply to every single one of my posts to let me know your opinion of me.
    Just trying to understand. Still find it bewildering that you would feel like posting here is a more productive use of your time than writing to DC. And nobody wants to go through their day with people being negative all around them. Especially when that negativity isn't going to accomplish anything. I don't like watching other people do embarrassing things.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

BANNED

Just trying to understand. Still find it bewildering that you would feel like posting here is a more productive use of your time than writing to DC. And nobody wants to go through their day with people being negative all around them. Especially when that negativity isn't going to accomplish anything. I don't like watching other people do embarrassing things.
    This is just as productive as writing DC; nothing comes from either.

I've made plenty of sunshine posts, but if the conversation is JSA, sorry, can't do it.

I don't like seeing people do embarrassing things, either, but people still pick up Earth 2 in spite of my protests.

I've made plenty of sunshine posts, but if the conversation is JSA, sorry, can't do it.

I don't like seeing people do embarrassing things, either, but people still pick up Earth 2 in spite of my protests.
    Well I guess you got me there. Trying to get people to stop complaining about things endlessly is about as likely to be successful as trying to get people to stop buying a quality, well-received and high-selling book like "Earth 2."

Since you realize that every time you post something about it is a complete waste of time, then why post anything relating to the topic at all?
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Since you realize that every time you post something about it is a complete waste of time, then why post anything relating to the topic at all?
    This is what baffles me!!!

BANNED

Wasting time is why forums exist. I'm a comics fan, so I come here and waste time posting about comics. It really shouldn't be that hard to grasp

Wasting time is why forums exist. I'm a comics fan, so I come here and waste time posting about comics. It really shouldn't be that hard to grasp
    Good job avoiding the point.

BANNED

Good job avoiding the point.
    You had one?

You had one?
    Yes. It's "broken records are best ignored, if not discarded."

Your incessant whining is useless. It doesn't do you any favors.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 01-03-2013 at 07:22 AM.

BANNED

Yes. It's "broken records are best ignored, if not discarded."

Your incessant whining is useless. It doesn't do you any favors.
    Alanis Morissette irony, right there, champ. Seventy five percent of your posts are dedicated to telling people to quit living in the past, with the other twenty five making shockingly lame ad hom attacks.