View Poll Results: What do you think about Red She-Hulk?

Voters
119. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Betty Ross is The Boss!

32 26.89%
  • Strong, Red, and a lot of Attitude. What's there not to like?

54 45.38%
  • Red Apples over Green Apples.

10 8.40%
  • There is only one original She-Hulk, and it ain't her!

48 40.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

From my experience, if I can't get a hard copy the week of release, it becomes available Wednesday evening my time, or Wednesday morning in the US, but that may be due to my location. However, I already got this issue since yesterday late afternoon (4:30 AM Eastern Tuesday).
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Was it good? You don't have to go into detail, but general impressions would be appreciated!

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Parker is really making Betty's Hulk personality a whole lot different from Jen's and it shows. And you know sooner or later she's going to tangle with the Avengers; if you think being outnumbered puts her at a disadvantage, well think of those times when the Avengers tangled with a rampaging Hulk (Banner) and remember if they always got the upper hand.

I've also get some new-found respect for Aaron Stack. He's done things he's never done before (well, that I've seen myself).
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Parker is really making Betty's Hulk personality a whole lot different from Jen's and it shows. And you know sooner or later she's going to tangle with the Avengers; if you think being outnumbered puts her at a disadvantage, well think of those times when the Avengers tangled with a rampaging Hulk (Banner) and remember if they always got the upper hand.

I've also get some new-found respect for Aaron Stack. He's done things he's never done before (well, that I've seen myself).
    I am glad Parker is doing that, making her, her own character. Agreed about stack, I really like this issue too. I get theme they did for the variant cover

Finally downloaded my copy. I really, really enjoyed it, it was a much more solid issue than the last, and I can't wait to see what they're going to do next :D

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Chris Stevens #60 variant cover.

That looks great!

Anyway, picking up issue 59 soon.

Jeff Parker did an interview over at MTV Geek. Be warned it does have preview pages for #60 and spoilers from #59. I would recommend not reading it until you have read #59.

Wont be able to get this till tomorrow so I'll post my impressions then.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Jeff Parker did an interview over at MTV Geek. Be warned it does have preview pages for #60 and spoilers from #59. I would recommend not reading it until you have read #59.
    I'm loving it. I wasn't sure it'd have a strong story after #58, but now I am so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I'm loving it. I wasn't sure it'd have a strong story after #58, but now I am so excited.
    It really has picked up (I enjoyed #58) and I am looking forward to see where its going to go.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

RSH executes a Shoryuken in #59!!!
    <333

*continues reading*

I really enjoyed Red She-Hulk #59.

Also, sales for Red She-Hulk #58 reached 31k last month. Whether it can hold onto that amount remains to be seen, but I'm hoping the series maintains some of that audience. Under it's previous incarnation, the series had dwindled in sales to about 21k. Obviously some of the sales for #58 were collectors and variant purchases, but I had not read the series before hand and now I'm in for the long haul, so hopefully there's a couple hundred (or hopefully thousand) that have joined for Betty. From what I can tell, Marvel titles have to stay around the 22k-24k mark to avoid cancellation.

Please, for your own good, ignore the Diamond figures. As I've had to say in half a dozen other threads, they're unreliable, poorly reported, outdated and people put far, far too much stock into them, to the point where mis-reported figures can have a knock-on effect that spells doom for a title.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Yeah, numbers, I say we just support the book as best we can and spread the good word of Red She-Hulk.

#59 was fantastic! I can't knock #58, but it did lack a little on the story. With #59, there were no worries on that and it's what I expect from Jeff Parker. To me this issue delivered on all ends. Love how RSH is not here to muck around, and basically tells Stark to piss off along with the rest of the Avengers.

And ooh, an appearance by floating head Bane-Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Please, for your own good, ignore the Diamond figures. As I've had to say in half a dozen other threads, they're unreliable, poorly reported, outdated and people put far, far too much stock into them, to the point where mis-reported figures can have a knock-on effect that spells doom for a title.
    Aren't they pre-order numbers? And, while I'm sure that there are people that do this, I personally don't drop a title because I think it's going to be cancelled due to low sales. I just like number crunching, and - as far as I know - Diamond pre-order figures are the only "consistent" figure we have for tracking comic book "sales." If you have a better way for me to satisfy my number addiction, I'd love to look at it.