View Poll Results: What do you think about Red She-Hulk?

Voters
119. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Betty Ross is The Boss!

32 26.89%
  • Strong, Red, and a lot of Attitude. What's there not to like?

54 45.38%
  • Red Apples over Green Apples.

10 8.40%
  • There is only one original She-Hulk, and it ain't her!

48 40.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast
    Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Angry Anger Management Issues: Red She-Hulk Appreciation

Red She-Hulk.

As the wife of the Hulk and the daughter of General Ross -- the man who spent years hunting her husband -- Betty Ross' life is one of constant turmoil. In fact, she lost her life when one of the Hulk's enemies used her as a pawn in a revenge scheme against the Jade Giant.

It was the super criminal think tank known as the Intelligentsia that not only resurrected Betty but transformed her into the Red She-Hulk. When they revived her, they also brainwashed the new crimson-hued powerhouse and turned into one their top operatives. Betty was able to break free from their conditioning and since doing so has done her best to combat the various dangers and evils of the Marvel Universe.*

*For more background information on Red She-Hulk, go here.

Mini-tempered Q&A

-What are some story arcs that feature Red She-Hulk?
    Code Red, Fall of the Hulks, World War Hulks, Dark Son, Fear Itself, The Defenders.

-What's with the sword I've seen her carry?
    It was made for her along with other weapons for heroes during the Fear Itself storyline. With the help of Tony Stark, the sword was forged by using Uru Metal and Repulsor Technology, and finally blessed by Odin. As for the sword having a name? Betty just calls it "Big-Ass Sword". True story.

-Where is she now?
    Currently, she can be found in her own series written by Jeff Parker. Her pops ended his series simply titled "Hulk" with issue #57, from there Betty took over starting with issue #58 as the title changed to "Red She-Hulk".

-I want to learn more because I am becoming increasingly interested in RSH, what else is there to read?
    Check out these articles & interviews.
    Sample pages with Wellington Alves.
    Defenders article.
    Red She-Hulk #58 Unlettered Preview
    Comicosity interview with Jeff Parker
    CCI Interview with Jeff Parker
    RSH#58 Lettered Preview Pages!

Road Rage: The Power of Red She-Hulk

Superhuman Strength: As Red She-Hulk, she is proportionally stronger than her human form. This means that any extra strength gains as Betty Ross through intense physical training will be amplified, making her Red She-Hulk form that much stronger. Red She-Hulk's strength is likely equal to that of She-Hulk's as she has shown to have enough strength to defeat She-Hulk in direct combat. Red She-Hulk's strength is comparable to that of the Red Hulk.

Superhuman Speed: Due, at least partially, to the great muscular strength and development of her leg muscles, she is capable of running and moving at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Stamina: Red She-Hulk's highly advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for about 48 hours before fatigue begins to impair her performance.

Superhuman Durability: Red She-Hulk's body is highly resistant to all forms of conventional injury. Her skin is capable of withstanding extreme pressures, temperatures as high as 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as -195 degrees Fahrenheit, falls from great heights, field-artillery canon shells, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining any injury.

Superhuman Agility: Red She-Hulk's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite her body's extremely high resistance to injury, it is possible to injure her. However, she is capable of rapidly regenerating injuries that result in great tissue damage and blood loss within a matter of minutes. However, she is not capable of regenerating missing limbs or organs. Red She-Hulk's highly efficient metabolism renders her immune to all drugs and toxins as well as total immunity to all known Earthly diseases.
    Last edited by Test of Strength; 10-07-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Don't hate Green but I do like myself some red once and a while.

Looking forward to see where Parker takes Betty and give her some solid definition.

Edit:

Last edited by Wellman; 08-26-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Most definitely! I trust in Parker. I felt he always gave Red Hulk a nice balance between action and fun plots, character development, and more. Even the villains he created for RH were interesting. I'm hoping he does the same thing for Betty, her own rogues gallery.

Cute and deadly!

I like Red She-Hulk as well and I look forward to her upcoming series. However, I hope she is drawn with her eyes glowing. I think that's a really awesome look and I hated the way her eyes were drawn in the Defenders.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

I agree completely. Love that glowing look, but based off some preview pages it doesn't seem like it will BUT they are having rotating artists. Not sure what is gonna happen because Carlo draws her with the glowing eyes, but Alves seems to give her pupils. Check it out.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=40276

Cool. I'm subscribing to this too!

I love all of the She-Hulks and I'm psyched for this book. I agree that Betty should always have the glowing, yellow eyes...and she's gotta have the red streaks in her hair.

Always thought She-Devil was a better codename for her though, what with the red skin and glowing eyes (in some panels, the streaks in her hair even suggested horns).

Very excited for the first issue.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I still think of Betty as the character from the Peter David comics, but this new book holds a lot of promise.

interesting that Parker created the second She Hulk

I like Betty, looking forward to seeing what Parker bring. No need to hate on classic green without her Red wouldn't exist. Speaking of which a few things from the Green She-Hulk thread.

Carlos Pagulayan poster

McGuinness variant

Marvel Legends Red She-Hulk figure.

A few of my favourite Red She-Hulk images these first two I wish I could get a poster of.

From Heart of the Monster Paul Pelletier really nailed this.

I know Giant Hulks is a bit silly but this page is still epic.

Ed McGuinness

Default a few more

While not red, its still a Betty She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I love all of the She-Hulks and I'm psyched for this book. I agree that Betty should always have the glowing, yellow eyes...and she's gotta have the red streaks in her hair.

Always thought She-Devil was a better codename for her though, what with the red skin and glowing eyes (in some panels, the streaks in her hair even suggested horns).

Very excited for the first issue.
    Very much This!

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    I like Betty, looking forward to seeing what Parker bring. No need to hate on classic green without her Red wouldn't exist.
    Oh, I don't know about that, friend. You see the rivalry between RSH fans and SH fans is like Bloods Vs Crips, in this case it's red vs green. You are either one or the other. Claim your colors!

...as if my avatar isn't a sign that I'm just messing around

They should call this move "Rage of Ross".

I'm very excited about this book. In fact, I'm excited about the ''female'' books, with Red She-Hulk and JIM. Hope Jen will be great on FF too.

I think they should build a little more hype for Red She-Hulk, just like they did for Captain Marvel (at least for those that caught on the hype train).