Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Default Marvel NOW Mobius

Is anyone else hoping that Blade or Ghostrider might be involved in this book? Reading this description made me think of The Midnight Sons:

"Morbius: The Living Vampire by writer Joe Keatinge and artist Rich Elson is set to debut in January 2013.[16] Keatinge said, "There are very strong horror elements to it, but there's a lot more to it that than... This is a book largely about people who have absolutely no easy role in society. The outcasts. The people on the fringe. The people of the Marvel Universe who are even too weird for the X-Men."

What other characters might fall under that category?

it'd be nice to see Nekra, she'd be an interesting character to throw in the mix. Doctor Voo Doo and possibly Hellstrom at some point. Vernae be an absolute treat in this series. I think he should be the primary antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    Is anyone else hoping that Blade or Ghostrider might be involved in this book? Reading this description made me think of The Midnight Sons:

"Morbius: The Living Vampire by writer Joe Keatinge and artist Rich Elson is set to debut in January 2013.[16] Keatinge said, "There are very strong horror elements to it, but there's a lot more to it that than... This is a book largely about people who have absolutely no easy role in society. The outcasts. The people on the fringe. The people of the Marvel Universe who are even too weird for the X-Men."

I hate to say it but Cloak and Dagger. While they're not exactly weird, they're the perennial outcasts of the MU. They can bring D'Spayre with them as an antagonist.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I hate to say it but Cloak and Dagger. While they're not exactly weird, they're the perennial outcasts of the MU. They can bring D'Spayre with them as an antagonist.
    I love Cloak and Dagger! My favorite power-couple in the MU LOL

Given Hellstrom slow rise to prominence, I would guess that we'll be seeing him too. If we have Hellstrom, I would bet money we'l also be getting Venom, maybe in a crossover.

But from the interviews, I was getting the vibe that Keatinge was going to bring in more "new" characters.

Morbius as a character actually does have a lot of link to other, better known characters, so I would be disappointed if he didn't interact with the greater MU.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Hoe you're right Ferago. I would like to see Blade, Ghost Rider and my favorite Marvel Monster, Jack Russell show up.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Not sure why (artist is great, semi-interesting character) but I'm really looking forward to this, I'm loving the Scottie Young Baby Variant.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Hoe you're right Ferago. I would like to see Blade, Ghost Rider and my favorite Marvel Monster, Jack Russell show up.
    I've always liked the dynamic between Morbius and Jack; even if you didn't like the last ongoing, you had to like the friendship between those two. However, between accidentally turning him into a zombie, the whole FrankenCastle thing and what happened in the last Legion of MOnsters mini, you can see how there may be cracks in their friendship. I hope that's a explored, even just a little.

Oddly, one thing that seems to really differentiates Morbius from the other superheroes both supernatural and not is that he's hasn't really "grown up", at all. He's one of the few who still seems mentally where they were at the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_graves View Post
    Not sure why (artist is great, semi-interesting character) but I'm really looking forward to this, I'm loving the Scottie Young Baby Variant.
    That was so cute!

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I've always liked the dynamic between Morbius and Jack; even if you didn't like the last ongoing, you had to like the friendship between those two. However, between accidentally turning him into a zombie, the whole FrankenCastle thing and what happened in the last Legion of MOnsters mini, you can see how there may be cracks in their friendship. I hope that's a explored, even just a little.

Oddly, one thing that seems to really differentiates Morbius from the other superheroes both supernatural and not is that he's hasn't really "grown up", at all. He's one of the few who still seems mentally where they were at the start.

That was so cute!
    I'd definitely like to see that. Here's hoping.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I think about this book and aside from seeing some potential horror characters, I sort of want to see the villainous mercenary geneticist Nightshade appear in it. I think she'd make a decent villain given both her and Morbius backgrounds in the field of genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    I think about this book and aside from seeing some potential horror characters, I sort of want to see the villainous mercenary geneticist Nightshade appear in it. I think she'd make a decent villain given both her and Morbius backgrounds in the field of genetics.
    As long as they change her costume a bit, sure.

Then again, it was brought up that Morbius would be dealing with the really weird sector of the MU...she's not strange enough.

I'm not sure how I feel about Morbius getting a love-interest, if only because we all know it won't end well.

This is one of those strange instances where I'm really looking forward to this new series but find it really difficult to identify why exactly. Perhaps it represents an opportunity for one a Marvel's lesser known characters to shine with some added horror for good measure - a promising mix.
    DC - Aquaman, Forever Evil, Tom Strong
    Marvel - Thor: God of Thunder, Uncanny Avengers
    Dark Horse - Abe Sapien, Captain Midnight
    Dynamite - Doc Savage

[QUOTE=Rosebunse;16107860]I've always liked the dynamic between Morbius and Jack; even if you didn't like the last ongoing, you had to like the friendship between those two. However, between accidentally turning him into a zombie, the whole FrankenCastle thing and what happened in the last Legion of MOnsters mini, you can see how there may be cracks in their friendship. I hope that's a explored, even just a little.

I hope Mike and Jack meet up but something tells me it wont be a happy one, now that Jack's a dad(well a foster dad) and if he find's out that Mike use a dead kid(billy conner) to cure himself im sure Jack will be piss as hell since he never like Morbius mad-science methods. Also Love baby Morbius i ask for two copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    I hope Mike and Jack meet up but something tells me it wont be a happy one, now that Jack's a dad(well a foster dad) and if he find's out that Mike use a dead kid(billy conner) to cure himself im sure Jack will be piss as hell since he never like Morbius mad-science methods. Also Love baby Morbius i ask for two copies.
    Hm, I don't think it would even be just that. Jack has sorta been Morbius's guinea pig as well as supporting whatever he does. Heck, Jack was the one who had to organize his funeral when he thought he had "died".

Morbius just uses people and doesn't even realize it until something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfortress View Post
    This is one of those strange instances where I'm really looking forward to this new series but find it really difficult to identify why exactly. Perhaps it represents an opportunity for one a Marvel's lesser known characters to shine with some added horror for good measure - a promising mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Hm, I don't think it would even be just that. Jack has sorta been Morbius's guinea pig as well as supporting whatever he does. Heck, Jack was the one who had to organize his funeral when he thought he had "died".

Morbius just uses people and doesn't even realize it until something happens.
    True, i wonder if Mike's ex-wife or fiance Martine is still alive since i lost the last issue of his 90's solo and who is running the Legion since he's the leader,Mummy maybe

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

SIMON GARTH

A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare