Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lynch View Post
    Tig's daughter is the only event which could cause lasting damage, but given how quickly Gemma got over her rape I expect things to be pretty much back to normal by season's end.
    Have you really been watching the series, or just kind of catching an episode here and there? There has been plenty of "lasting damage". Donna's death. Half Sack's death. Hale's death. Jax's off camera attack in prison. And yes, Gemma's rape, which come on... it has been quite some time since it happened, and since then she has also dealt with Able's being kidnapped and nearly sold off to an irish couple, and had to deal with half the club being locked up for a year. Do you really want her (a very, very strong woman) to still be outwardly affected by it? The club, or more accurately Jax, took care of her rapist.

And she has also had to deal with the man she loves trying to kill her and the mother of her grandchildren. And the letters.

So yeah, there has been plenty lasting damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    So yeah, there has been plenty lasting damages.
    Watched it all. Opie's been consistently shit on, I'll give you that. Half-Sack (who only died because the actor left, but still) and Hale were replaced in pretty short order; and all Jax got out of his prison attack was a cool scar. I'm not sure it has been that long in-show since Gemma's rape, but her lack of reaction over it does suggest the scene was added for shock. Or to make absolutely clear who we're meant to root for.

Again, I do like the show. It's got a ton of interesting characters and plot threads. But Sutter doesn't seem to want to deal with it all properly, which leaves us with cop-out conclusions like last season's finale (IMO, obviously). It does feel like the status quo is more important than furthering the plot, which is a shame. Maybe with an end date in sight we'll see things kick on a bit.

Elder Member

Watched it all. Opie's been consistently shit on, I'll give you that. Half-Sack (who only died because the actor left, but still) and Hale were replaced in pretty short order; and all Jax got out of his prison attack was a cool scar. I'm not sure it has been that long in-show since Gemma's rape, but her lack of reaction over it does suggest the scene was added for shock. Or to make absolutely clear who we're meant to root for.

Again, I do like the show. It's got a ton of interesting characters and plot threads. But Sutter doesn't seem to want to deal with it all properly, which leaves us with cop-out conclusions like last season's finale (IMO, obviously). It does feel like the status quo is more important than furthering the plot, which is a shame. Maybe with an end date in sight we'll see things kick on a bit.
    Lack of reaction? Keeping the secret put an unknown rift through the club while it was under attack. Really, her so called lack of reaction was the reaction. She did so to keep her son and husband from doing something extremely stupid like LOAN wanted them to.

I'm not sure it has been that long in-show since Gemma's rape, but her lack of reaction over it does suggest the scene was added for shock. Or to make absolutely clear who we're meant to root for.
    It has been anywhere from 14 months to 2 years since the rape. How long do you think she should display reactions to it, considering how strong a woman she is, and what else she has gone through?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur
    So I get the feeling that cop is still going to try to put some heat on Juice this season..just the way their little convo went.

I also would of been interested to see how the convo between Jax and Bobby went when he told him the details about how everything had gone down, etc. in terms of the truth about the cartel.
    Yeah, I'm guessing it was something cut for time. We went from seeing Bobby released to to seeing Bobby at the club meeting. Presumably Jax read him on on everything in between.

The ads for last seasons DVD boast of "extended episodes", I wonder if this is the kind of thing that would be included.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Lack of reaction? Keeping the secret put an unknown rift through the club while it was under attack. Really, her so called lack of reaction was the reaction. She did so to keep her son and husband from doing something extremely stupid like LOAN wanted them to.
    I don't know enough about the psychology of it, maybe you're right. I still think Sutter is putting the status quo above real character progression.
    It has been anywhere from 14 months to 2 years since the rape. How long do you think she should display reactions to it, considering how strong a woman she is, and what else she has gone through?
    Based on a couple of interviews less than 2 years. Either way I'm not sure I expected to see her in doggy position anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing it was something cut for time. We went from seeing Bobby released to to seeing Bobby at the club meeting. Presumably Jax read him on on everything in between.

The ads for last seasons DVD boast of "extended episodes", I wonder if this is the kind of thing that would be included.
    I hope not, I'd like to see Bobby's reaction. I just assumed Jax hadn't had time alone to say anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did Jax actually tell Bobby about the deal? I thought he said that he didn't want to know what was going on.
    Hmm, I thought he had mentioned to the Cartel that they'd have to "bring Bobby in" on it.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Hmm, I thought he had mentioned to the Cartel that they'd have to "bring Bobby in" on it.
    They did, but when Bobby got out of the car, he saw the situation and said he probably didn't want to know what was going on. Thus I wonder if he knows the whole deal, or just trusts Jax enough to not ask questions.

...I'm not sure I expected to see her in doggy position anytime soon.
    She was so drunk she didn't even remember it... so that goes a long way to explaining that. Alcohol really lowers inhibitions.

What, are biker chicks too classy for that?
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    What, are biker chicks too classy for that?
    No, it was because she was raped about a year and a half ago (show time).

No, it was because she was raped about a year and a half ago (show time).
    And she just tried to kill her husband because he was going after her progeny. Odds are, she's in a sex as punishment mode.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

If you have been watching the series from day one, you know that that is not Gemma's style at all. She likely went out and got drunk and got seduced. It happens.

Another good episode. I didn't think it would be long before Tig told the club about dawn.

And now it is official, Tara is Jax's old lady, and new matriarch of the club. Chib's speech at the ceremony was poignant and touching.

And man, Perhlman is doing a great job acting this season. My wife actually asked if he was REALLY sick or what. He looks so frail and weak. Great performance with body language and all, the way he slumps and shows so little vigor. He really sells Clays condition.

Clay is one sly fucker

and i had to laugh at the scene when Tig 'rescues' Fawn

But I don't think Clay is putting on an act. I think he really is that frail right now. He almost died. Now as he recovers, he will likely play down the recovery, but even at that, he may NEVER get back to where he was. As it is, he will NEVER lead the club again, unless Jax dies. But even at that, the club won't trust him enough to give him the gavel again.

Apparently the Fawn doesn't fall far from the Tig. Like father like daughter.