Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Hey now... Tig (this time) wasn't exactly in the wrong. He was acting upon information that he had gotten that happened to be a lie. I admit he did still act on his own instead of in the full interest of the club. He felt bad for leaving Clay alone and went to get revenge on the 9ers for the shooting when the 9ers weren't involved. His heart was in the right place, if not his head. And if he had just gotten LeRoy instead of Pope's daughter all might have been ok(ish). But he got an innocent bystander instead of LeRoy. That was what caused Pope to get involved and do what he did.

And Tig knows it. Tig knows that he brought this down on himself. That is why he is potentially more dangerous than ever. I wonder how he is going to tell the club what happened. And how is Jax going to react?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Hey now... Tig (this time) wasn't exactly in the wrong. He was acting upon information that he had gotten that happened to be a lie. I admit he did still act on his own instead of in the full interest of the club. He felt bad for leaving Clay alone and went to get revenge on the 9ers for the shooting when the 9ers weren't involved. His heart was in the right place, if not his head. And if he had just gotten LeRoy instead of Pope's daughter all might have been ok(ish). But he got an innocent bystander instead of LeRoy. That was what caused Pope to get involved and do what he did.

And Tig knows it. Tig knows that he brought this down on himself. That is why he is potentially more dangerous than ever. I wonder how he is going to tell the club what happened. And how is Jax going to react?

going to get fugly for sure

Was I the only person that felt like this was some Empire Strikes Back nonsense? I don't want to list spoilers this soon but, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Was I the only person that felt like this was some Empire Strikes Back nonsense? I don't want to list spoilers this soon but, come on.
    What are you talking about?

he shouldn't have been acting on that PERIOD without an ok from the club
    Support your local roller derby league

It was awesome! Had to watch it a day late as i don't have cable... but this season is shaping up to have a whole bunch of WTF moments!

I see what you did there, and that ain't right. MAN!!! That was an intense season premiere. So much stuff (and so much sick and twisted stuff) happened that when it was over I thought, and my wife said "no way that was an hour and a half. It felt more like 20 minutes".

Tig is going to completely lose it now, I think. Either he is going to bide his time and wait for the proper moment, or he is going to go even more batshit crazy and do something only Tig could do. Either way, I wouldn't want to be Pope.

Clay looks like the events of last season aged him about 15 years. If he isn't putting on some kind of act, then he (ironically) became the physical equivalent of Piney, which is ironic. But he is still sharp headed. His reveal to the club was probably the only chance he had of both coming out of it alive, and not being kicked out of the club. And it also REALLY pissed of Jax, you could see it in his eyes. But there was nothing he could do about it. Not and keep the club from tearing itself apart.

Glad Golindo kept their side of the bargain with Bobby. And Bobby as V.P.? Good choice Jax.

All in all, I am SOOO glad the show didn't miss a step. It got right back into the thick of it. And if felt just like a straight up continuation of last season.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
    I agree with what you said about Clay, but I think he's trying to find another way to get back into the club's good graces. Nice catches on Piney too.

The biggest surprise for me was Smits - where do I sign up to hang around with his "companionator". I think his Nero will keep me in the game this season now that Opie's gone a.w.o.l.

I have a feeling Nero will show his true colors sooner than later and definitely collect for sheltering Jax, Bobby etc.. I think he knows damn well who Gemma was before she revealed her real name.

Tig is on a similar destructive path that Clay was and still is. I like Tig - definitely good to have a wild card.

I wasn't surprised or shocked by the events here. Sutter is mirroring the consequences of the club with those who they have crossed.

Besides Zito there are other legit Angels in this season as well.
    Last edited by aNamored; 09-12-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    he shouldn't have been acting on that PERIOD without an ok from the club
    Agreed. He should know that regardless of his reason or success, it would blow back on the Club.

Personally, I wonder what this will do to his relationship with Clay. He thinks Clay came up with the Niners lie, he was already upset about being responsible for killing an innocent woman and now his daughter is dead as a result.

Clay may have saved his position in the club, at the expense of his most reliable and trusted soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...He thinks Clay came up with the Niners lie,...
    Clay DID come up with the 9rs lie. Right after Clay was shot as they were moving him outside Jax wanted Unser to put it on the mexicans and Clay said "No, it was Black". Clay knew if it fell on Cartels it could jeopardize the drug deal or the guns with the Irish.

Tig was therefore pointed at LeRoy, even if that was a mistake. Yeah, he shouldn't have acted on his own, but I totally see where he was coming from. Grief and guilt drove him to do what he did. It isn't an excuse, but it is the reason behind it. And it is retaliation like that without knowing for certain all the facts that kept him from being Sargent at Arms for Jax. And got his daughter killed.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post

I have a feeling Nero will show his true colors sooner than later and definitely collect for sheltering Jax, Bobby etc.. I think he knows damn well who Gemma was before she revealed her real name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. He should know that regardless of his reason or success, it would blow back on the Club.

Personally, I wonder what this will do to his relationship with Clay. He thinks Clay came up with the Niners lie, he was already upset about being responsible for killing an innocent woman and now his daughter is dead as a result.

Clay may have saved his position in the club, at the expense of his most reliable and trusted soldier.

Yeah. Smits/Nero has to be more than what he seems. Who the hell would let a one night stand's friends/family hide out in his place? Either he has ulterior motives or Gemma's "beep" is made of gold.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay should be a dead man this season. Jax and Gemma want him dead and Tig should place the blame of his daughter's death on him as well, especially since he now knows the truth (well most of it.). If they realistically find some reason to have him live to the end of the season, that will be good TV.

Tig already botched the murder of Opie that led to death of Opie's wife. Once again he effs up, going off a vague statement, he botches an attempted murder. instead of handling it properly and making sure it's successful and that it doesn't blowback on the club or himself, he effs it up and kills a young woman with a hit and run. a hit and run at a cafe where he could clearly see who was present, including the staff. This was his answer.

an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, daughter for a...

bbq

Quote Originally Posted by longshot3 View Post
    What no Tig fans here? OK what I actually read was a little misleading, but the the stupid TV guide made it seem like Tig himself was the one that was killed, the exact words were that he "paid the ultimate price" but yeah what was done was much more horrific. I was bummed since Tig is about my favorite of the sons, and yes, Im pretty sure he'll be cutting Pope's head off as promised
    I'm actually a big fan of Tig, but at the same time I recognize he is his own worst enemy.

Hey now... Tig (this time) wasn't exactly in the wrong. He was acting upon information that he had gotten that happened to be a lie. I admit he did still act on his own instead of in the full interest of the club. He felt bad for leaving Clay alone and went to get revenge on the 9ers for the shooting when the 9ers weren't involved. His heart was in the right place, if not his head.
    I'd have to disagree about him not being in the wrong. Sure loyalty is nice and anger over a friend nearly being killed is understandable, but Clay is hardly innocent and more importantly Tig went off half cocked and got an innocent killed(or presumably she was innocent I guess she could be a gang member too). His response to attempted murder was more attempted murder, except he ended up succeeding..with the wrong person. This is a situation where it would never stop. Even if Pope just killed Tig then the Sons would kill him and then so on and so forth. Even if Tig had not killed the wrong person there still would of been retaliation.

I do feel bad for Tig and I know he didn't ever intend for his daughter to be involved in this, but at the same time he is a psychopath and it's hard for me to see his actions as a "bad, but he had the right idea" type situation. He's going to try to get revenge on Pope..he may or may not succeed but it doesn't matter because either way even an unsuccessful attempt will provoke retaliation. If he can actually stop himself from trying then it will show he's growing as a character. If he can't then he's going to get himself, his other children, or other club members killed.
    Last edited by Surtur; 09-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I was replying to the statement that Tig needs to die painfully. And I did say he wasn't "Exactly" wrong. He was totally wrong to act on his own. But in context of the world of gangs, his actions were not nearly as bad as Popes have been so far, and we have only scratched the surface of Popes wrong doings.

But in the scheme of things, Tig accidentally killed Popes daughter, and it was quick. Pope not only planned Dawns death, but he made Tig watch and he had her burned alive. A slow, painful and horrific way to go. So putting it in perspective... Tig is the white night, Pope is the evil emperor.

It's hard for me to view him as a white knight, but rather just the lesser of two evils.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I was replying to the statement that Tig needs to die painfully. And I did say he wasn't "Exactly" wrong. He was totally wrong to act on his own. But in context of the world of gangs, his actions were not nearly as bad as Popes have been so far, and we have only scratched the surface of Popes wrong doings.
    how do you come up with that logic?

But in the scheme of things, Tig accidentally killed Popes daughter, and it was quick. Pope not only planned Dawns death, but he made Tig watch and he had her burned alive. A slow, painful and horrific way to go. So putting it in perspective... Tig is the white night, Pope is the evil emperor.
    it was not an accident, it was an oversight. he didn't care if anyone else got killed in his ridiculous attempt to murder. he is not a white knight in any way or shape. he simply effed with the wrong person, but this is SOA, so he'll get his revenge and the club will survive for another season.