Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Abnett & Lanning: A Cosmic Odyssey Into "The Hypernaturals"

In part two of our talk with the masters of cosmic comics, Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning explain the creation of their BOOM! series "The Hypernaturals" from super intelligent computers to superhero love triangles and beyond.

Full article here.

This is my favorite new superhero book.... its exquisitely written, and its great to see DnA writing with creative freedom and without editorial character mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nolan View Post
    its great to see DnA writing with creative freedom and without editorial character mandates.
    This is precisely the reason I want to see this book continue for as long as possible. I've loved their other cosmic stories, but I want to see what they can do when they're the ones calling the shots :)
    This was a great interview, great to see they weren't shy about giving longform answers. Interesting to see the breakdown between what each of them are doing and how each of them answer too, actually. And as for the answer to the last question, I hope this is well received enough that they get a chance to expand their universe. I have my fingers crossed already!
    Last edited by Eris; 08-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.

New Warrior emeritus

Will we ever see DnA back in the cosmic Marvel U again? I want to find out what happened to my namesake!

Great new series! DnA did a superb job on Legion and they are doing likewise with their own creations! Looking forward to seeing where this will go!
    READ HYPERACTIVE COMICS ON THE DUCK and COMIC FURY and SMACK JEEVES!!

Hypernaturals is so good it physically hurts waiting for the next issue to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Hypernaturals is so good it physically hurts waiting for the next issue to come out.
    Agree. Books like this are why I buy/read comics.

Dis has been a gd start 2 wat may bcum a really superb series...we anxiously await wat DnA hv in store 4 d buks future plots & revealations.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nolan View Post
    This is my favorite new superhero book.... its exquisitely written, and its great to see DnA writing with creative freedom and without editorial character mandates.
    Agreed!