Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Most memorable anime / manga moments?

There are tons. Which ones stick out in your mind?

Number one for me will probably always be the death of Wolfwood in the Trigun anime. His death was okay in the manga, but it lacked the emotional impact of Nicholas dragging himself into a chapel and dying as he confesses his desire to live. The music was also spot-on.

A somewhat-distant but still strong second is Gohan's transformation to SSJ2 in DBZ. I knew nothing of the Cell Saga when I first found the clip of that moment online, and watching him flip out sent shivers down my spine.
    “Dragomir, you’re gonna be a guard. That’s your damn name. Dragomir the Guard. Not Dragomir the Poofy Writer Boy. Get your head out of your butt and work on those biceps.” - A Supportive Father

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Gohan going ssj2 is definately up there. It was the culmination of everything dbz had been building to.

I'd also say L's first gambit in Death Note. Sure it made Light seem too dumb at the time, but darn if that theme wasn't awesome.

Euphemia's massacre at the end of Season 1 of Code Geass
    The Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki vs Kagezuchi clash in Rurouni Kenshin, at the climax of the Kyoto Arc.
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

Read this Video Girl Ai manga when i was something around 14 years old and this stuff had really quite an impact on me back then. Completely silly starting concept, yes, there is no denying that (à la oh my goddess in a way), but boy from there it's just filled with memorable moments.

Good performance considering how short it is. (13 volumes i think)

Spoilers alerts :

So, when Ai gets her memory back, when Natsumi dies and of course the end are all freaking memorable moments.

Good stuff.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Transformers Animated fan

There are a lot of great scenes in the anime I've watched. So I can't really tell which is the best for me.

But I'll just state what I can think off in short notice.

Kamina's battle to the death in Tenggen Topa Gurren Lagann. That scene was amazing in my opinion. In his last breathe of life he was able to endow Simon with the confidence to reach the stars. There are a lot of deaths in the stories I've watched or read, but its rare to see a death that resonated throughout the series as much as Kamina's did. His ideals became the backbone of the Gurren brigade.

From a storytelling point of view, it was both sudden shocking. Kamina in my opinon was a beloved character and in many ways the hero of the first few episodes. To have him suddenly killed off and have Simon carry on the mantle was a great risk that propelled the series into greatness.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.

Quote Originally Posted by SLTE View Post
    A somewhat-distant but still strong second is Gohan's transformation to SSJ2 in DBZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Gohan going ssj2 is definately up there.
    Gohan turning SSJ2 was epic.

I think I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Goku turning into a SSJ.

There was so much build up. It was just a legend... didn't even know what one was supposed to look like, but when it happen you just knew he was the one.

Kenshin's return to the full fledged Battousai against Saitou. The intensity of that battle was amazing.

Aizen revealing himself at the end of the Soul Society arc and trashing all that stood in his way.

Goku being the first to go super saiyan against Frieza.

I agree about the massacre by Princess Euphemia near the end of the first season of Code Geass. Add Leouch's death in R2 to close out the series to that.

Spike Spiegal going out with a bang at the end of Cowboy Bebop.

Sadly an AMV, but...

Fate/Zero: Alexander the Great VS Gilgamesh.

In which Gilgamesh proves that on his own he's more gamebreaking than being able to summon hundreds of thousands of warriors.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Probably when Ichigo first manifested his Hollow against Byakuya in Bleach.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni where a bloodied Shion came out underneath of Keiichi's bed and killed him with a hammer.

Kenshin and Saitou's fight just before the beginning of the Kyoto Arc.

Renton rescuing Eureka against the Coralian collective in his fully-evolved Nirvash.

Code Geass:

The end of the first episode. The main character has just ordered a bunch of people to kill themselves with his new mind powers... then he smiles. Awesome.

Medabots: Dat final. Warbandit vs Metabee. Shame it got interrupted.

Digimon Tamers:

Two moments. Back to Back. Megidramon and the entire Gallantmon vs Beelzemon fight.

One Piece: Whitebeard hugging his Squallo or whatever he is called.

Berserk: Eclipse. I ain't going to be forgetting that one. Ever.

Naruto: Ebisu's flashback. There are plenty of other moments, but that one is great.

Dragonball: Goku going SSJ1 and Gohan going SSJ2.

Inu Yasha: Kagome first seeing IY pinned to the tree, IY first activating Tessaiga to chop off Sesshoumaru's arm, and Sesshoumaru activating Bakusaiga later in the series.

Fate/Stay Night: Saber standing over Shirou in the shed, illuminated by moonlight and then asking him if he is her Master. Its so iconic to the series that they keep reusing variations of the theme in the various alternate universes and fan works.

Tsukihime: Nanaya Shiki. End stop. Especially the speeches he gives to NVQSR and Roa. "I'll show you what it means to kill something," indeed.

One Piece: "NAMI! YOU ARE MY NAKAMA!" Right up there with that is the entire scene where they set fire to the WG's flag and force Robin to break down completely and admit that she wants to live.

Bleach: Ichigo's first Bankai and Aizen's reveal.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Speaking of one piece, the whole scene when Nami asks Luffy to help her against Arlong is extremely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Right up there with that is the entire scene where they set fire to the WG's flag and force Robin to break down completely and admit that she wants to live.
    Posting it because it's badass.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Speaking of one piece, the whole scene when Nami asks Luffy to help her against Arlong is extremely powerful.
    Also posting this because it is equally awesome:

Follow me on Tumblr!