Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default REVIVAL official thread with TIM SEELEY & MIKE NORTON!

Hey all!
    Let's make it "official!"
    Questions, comments, etc welcome. Mike and I will be here when we can to chat!
    Thanks!
    TIM SEELEY

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Awesome!

Listened to your War Rocket Ajack interview not that long ago with Sims and Matt twas hilarious and it was interesting listening to how Hack/Slash come about.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Great job on the first two issues. Excited for the third. I hope the sales have been good enough to warrant this being on going.

can't wait until Cassie comes to check the place out! (kidding!) Love this one also! ;)

Sales have been really good, so we're in for the long haul!
    And, yes, eventually, we'll have cameos by Cassie, Tony Chu and Spawn.
    Okay, not really.
    TIM

Sales have been really good, so we're in for the long haul!
    And, yes, eventually, we'll have cameos by Cassie, Tony Chu and Spawn.
    Okay, not really.
    TIM

What you mean is a Savage Dragon cameo... I get ya

;D
    The 9th Blog

Just 2 issues in, Revival is already one of my favorite Image titles along with Saga and Fatale. Both art and story delivered big time. And I can't wait for issue 3! Looks like I'm going to be a regular in this thread as well.

I was looking forward to this book on the concept alone but the first two issues exceeded my expectations. Such a great comic. Really happy sales are doing well.
    www.grayhavencomics.com

'For creators, by creators'

I don't even know why I picked up the first issue, but I did, and I loved it, same with the second issue. It's funny, a few weeks prior I had just gotten caught up on Hack/Slash, then shortly after Revival #1, I had finished up reading Artifacts and moved on to the latest run on Witchblade. In the span of three weeks I apparently became a fan of Tim's work without even knowing it.

So congratulations, you got me... I don't know how, but I'm not going to question it.

But back to the book. I'm still trying to guess where it's gonna go, but in a good way. Art is fantastic as well.

Oh, you just knew i'd have to stalk you guys here as well as on the twitter! :D

Tim, as the great King Kong Bundy used to say when pinning his opponent. FIVE! that's how many printings i want of Revival #1 F-I-V-E-!-!-!-!-!

Saga had five, ToT had five. Revival is going to have five :)

yes, i am a big fan, can you tell? :)

Though I have zero interest in zombies. I do love noir, so that word caught my eye. and the art and story in the free comic was compelling, so I put it on my holds list. I've loved what I've read so far, I like the characaters, the idea is intriguing... though I'm not really getting a noir vibe out of it. Is it called rural noir because of it's wintery setting, ala the movie Fargo? Or will be seeing the cynicism, sexual motivations, double crosses etc, often found in classic noir stories and film, in future tales? Just curious - I'm loving it, whatever the classification.
    Last edited by Martha My Dear; 08-22-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Cynicism, sexual motivations, double crosses and snow will be our bread and butter. :)
    TIM!

... and the ghost of Walter Neff? ;)

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

One thing I failed to mention was the art, the background and architecture. I really got a sense of place and of who these people were, where they worked, etc. In many comics these days it's like you get these generic shapes in the background... a table shape and chair shape or whatnot, but not a great sense that this is a real place where real people live and work. Not so with Revival. I spent so much time with that first issue, just gawking at the art, at the rooms and the structures. It really impressed me.

Revival is fantastic with their mise-en-scene & verisimilitude.
    The 9th Blog