Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default When Words Collide - Aug 20, 2012

Tim follows-up with Joe Casey after the surprise announcement of the end of "Butcher Baker" and finds out why it was always planned as a limited series all along, and why the readers weren't told about the plan sooner.

Full article here.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

What a load of damage control.

"Damage control", for today only, is pronounced "bull".
    I rule me.

You know, if that was his plan from the beginning then delays actually helped it. Otherwise everyone would be expecting that the 8th issues may be the last one, because there wouldn't be 9th one in the future solicitations.

If this really was a 8 issue series I wonder why Huddleston wouldn't have just finished the last issue and then done The Strain?
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

It's funny that he mentions Automatic Kafka here, because I remember there being delays up the wazoo for that and a similarly abrupt ending to the series in issue 9.

Why won't they release a collection of that??

Automatic Kafka is pensive.

BANNED

Automatic Kafka was life changing for me. There's a Spanish HC collection out there, which is great to see the art larger, at least.

Anyway, this just doesn't sound right to me. They just hammer home that Huddleston blew the monthly deadline at every possible turn, and yes, the solicits would have blown the surprise ending, if we're as savvy as Joe says.