Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

FRANKENSTEIN, AGENT OF S.H.A.D.E. #16 FINAL ISSUE
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/10...group-solicits
    It was a great run. It didn't have the sales it diserved. Hope the trades sell well so DC might give Frankenstein a new book in the future.
    Thankfully, Frankenstein will be in JL Dark. Hope to see the Creature Commandos here and there. They are great characters as well.

October 2012 Sales:
    147 FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE #13 16,501
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24377.html

Frankenstein still outsells Deathstroke, Hawkman, DCU presents, I, Vampire and Firestorm. I get DC not wanting to cancel Hawkman because he'll be in JLA, DCU presents because they can introduce characters in the new 52 and I, Vampire because of the critical acclaim and the good trade sales. But I can't believe DC had more expectations from Frankenstein compared to Deathstroke and Firestorm.

I hope the people who checked Frankenstein lately and liked him to get the trades, so he might get another chance in the future. And don't forget Frankenstein is in JL Dark now, written by Lemire, who wrote the first trade of Frankenstein, agent of S.H.A.D.E.

Yeah, that's incredibly annoying. I wouldn't mind if it was just outselling one of those titles, but all 5? That just makes it worse that there were so many alternatives for cancellation. Although, having said that, I've heard good things about I, Vampire and I do like Fialkov, so I wouldn't want them cancelling that instead. But Hawkman, Deathstroke and Firestorm? They should be gone way before Frankenstein.

Hopefully Kindt manages to give the series a good ending.
    Oversized Hardcover Videos!
    Latest uploads - The Planetary Omnibus, Invisibles Deluxe, Before Watchmen: Nite/Owl Dr Manhattan, Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition

Time to kiss goodbye to a underrated series, such a common fad.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

The most frustrating part of this is that Kindt was really just hitting his executional stride, I think, with every issue better than the one that preceded it, and this whole run has been better than anything Lemire put out just for it's wild creativity, conceptual density and superior intellectual level.

Longstory short -- GOD DAMMIT.

DC, you can not completely tit this up if you give Kindt something juicy to work on next. I hear Superboy is floundering, and hey isn't Kindt doing innovative things with telepathy and mind on MGMT right now? (rhetorical question, I'mr eading it and LOVING it)
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    October 2012 Sales:
    147 FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE #13 16,501
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24377.html

Frankenstein still outsells Deathstroke, Hawkman, DCU presents, I, Vampire and Firestorm. I get DC not wanting to cancel Hawkman because he'll be in JLA, DCU presents because they can introduce characters in the new 52 and I, Vampire because of the critical acclaim and the good trade sales. But I can't believe DC had more expectations from Frankenstein compared to Deathstroke and Firestorm.

I hope the people who checked Frankenstein lately and liked him to get the trades, so he might get another chance in the future. And don't forget Frankenstein is in JL Dark now, written by Lemire, who wrote the first trade of Frankenstein, agent of S.H.A.D.E.
    Really sad to see Frankenstein's solo book go, at least theres the silver lining that he'll be working with the JLD, I actually look forward to constant Constantine/Frank banter.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

The thing that gets me about Franks solo book cancellation is that DC is doing it at a time when Franks exposure is at its height now with him associated with the 3 highest selling Dark books (JLD and the Rotworld event) and DC not even giving a chance to see if his solo book will increase in sales because of it. If sales didn't increase as time goes by then I would consider cancellation, but to not even get that, really gets to me. Especially when compared to something like Firestorm (Hawkman I can understand due to the JLA association, Deathstroke because of the Team 7 association and because Jordan is writing it so DC is willing to give it a shot again, DC Universe Presents serves a purpose, and my bias view on I, Vampire, but really its gotten great critical reception that while not translating to single sales looks to be good for trade sales though I fear that is next to get the axe), sure they are trying a new team, but I know when I see a sinking ship and Frank wasn't it yet. I would have seen how these next couple of months ago and then once Frank was removed from the Rotworld stuff, see how his solo book does (if it can carry any possible bump) and if it continues to dip then I would consider cancellation at the next cut which I guess would have been May or so.

Well at least Pontecilli is gonna have work with Dial H which I'm eager to see his work there, but Kindt better have another book to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Time to kiss goodbye to a underrated series, such a common fad.
    Yeah almost not worth buying any more smaller new DC comics. If they are good they are dead in a year and you have to mourn the loss of good series.

Frankentstein was fun monster haunting, like reading early Hellboy. Shame they didnt see the potential.

When they removed Lemire i knew it was dead.

This kind of thing makes me very tired,cynical of DC/Marvel. Letting only the top superhero comics survive and screw the rest of their readers....
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Yeah almost not worth buying any more smaller new DC comics. If they are good they are dead in a year and you have to mourn the loss of good series.
    I don't think that's fair: All Star Western, Demon Knights, Blue Beetle...they're all still going.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I don't think that's fair: All Star Western, Demon Knights, Blue Beetle...they're all still going.
    Isn't Blue Beetle canceled?

I've been digging the heck out of this book and can't fathom at all why they would cancel it before some of those other titles that it's outselling. What's more the shame is that it doesn't look like they're going to be doing anything else with Kindt who has been really killing it (if you're not reading Mind MGMT you ought to be, if you can afford to pick up the small handful of issues that have been put out already (7 in all) then do so immediately and replace your least favorite book that you get with this one) while they have a handful of writers whom, to me, are difficult to get excited for in the least with no lack of projects at all.

issue 14 was one of the best yet! Velcoro and Frank make a ridiculously great team. the talkative smart ass and the straight man. plus all the strange weapons shows just how awesome the S.H.A.D.E. concept is. i wish there was a way to save this book. remember Manhunter got a short reprieve after it was cancelled thanks to a big fan outcry? if only we could save Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    issue 14 was one of the best yet! Velcoro and Frank make a ridiculously great team. the talkative smart ass and the straight man. plus all the strange weapons shows just how awesome the S.H.A.D.E. concept is. i wish there was a way to save this book. remember Manhunter got a short reprieve after it was cancelled thanks to a big fan outcry? if only we could save Frank.
    If it helps saving Frankenstein I'm willing to make a Facebook and Twitter acount!

#14 is hands down the best issue so far. 5/5