Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'd just like to add my voice to the number asking to see the end of this series. Hickman has done a lot of cool stuff at Marvel, but I think S.H.I.E.L.D was his most innovative concept: Marvel-izing all of history's greatest thinkers by turning them into a world-defending/advancing intelligentsia. Let's hope he and Weaver don't get too distracted on Avengers to finish up the final two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I'd just like to add my voice to the number asking to see the end of this series. Hickman has done a lot of cool stuff at Marvel, but I think S.H.I.E.L.D was his most innovative concept: Marvel-izing all of history's greatest thinkers by turning them into a world-defending/advancing intelligentsia. Let's hope he and Weaver don't get too distracted on Avengers to finish up the final two issues.
    It would be nice to see them finish and have Da Vinci show up in NA.

This addition would keep me on that book for as long as Leonardo is around.

I am glad that Dustin is feeling better; perhaps in and around his Avengers arcs he's working on the S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff. Didn't one of them say the script for issue 5 was done?
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Hmm... sounds good that it's still in progress and all, #5 being finished.

BUUUUUUT...! Marvel-style sounds like a terrible premise on a book like SHIELD. SHIELD is in essence, by its very concept, completely controlled and submerged into the subconscious of it's WRITER, the very anti-thesis to a Marvel-style book.

Marvel-style on a book like this is in essence, THE DEATH-KNELL!!

Why? Very simple... Weaver is simply not Hickman, and can't read his f***ing mind, simple as that.

This, I thought, was a perfect display of Hickman's work, and the friction that he's trying to overcome as a writer. A core of some very smart, interesting ideas delivered poorly, with no characters, and no real story.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

He was asked about it at NYCC and he did say it's being done, but that it was delayed. I can't recall the reason for the delay though.
    I like swords.

i hate to bump a fairly old thread...but has there been any news on this series lately? would really like those last two issues.

Here's a link to the latest news on this along with some preview art. dustinweaver.blogspot-shield-update-5

My blog will no doubt be the best place for any future news on this.

Also, I thank anyone who continues to be interested in seeing the end of this book. I promise to do everything in my power to make these last two issues the best they can be.

And I'm sorry to anyone who has lost interest and feels let down by the series. I understand where you're coming from.

one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar

Thanks for the update, Dustin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Weaver View Post
    Here's a link to the latest news on this along with some preview art. dustinweaver.blogspot-shield-update-5

My blog will no doubt be the best place for any future news on this.

Also, I thank anyone who continues to be interested in seeing the end of this book. I promise to do everything in my power to make these last two issues the best they can be.

And I'm sorry to anyone who has lost interest and feels let down by the series. I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks very much for this Dustin. I'm just wanted to say that your issues of Avengers have been my favourite thus far, and this is coming from a huge, huge fan of Jerome Opena.

I'm also really pleased (and even a little surprised) to hear that Marvel have sort of given you guys "JMS the Twelve" type status on SHIELD, being willing to let you guys finish your story regardless of scheduling issues.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

thanks for the update Dustin. that art for SHIELD on your blog looks great. if anything my interest in SHIELD has only increased cause i keep seeing bits of it in other Marvel comics.

FYI, I see Mr. Weaver posted this in the comments of the page he's linked above:

---

Dustin Weaver June 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

As far as a timeframe-- I'm not sure. I'm thinking we will have both issues 5 and 6 out this year. I wish I could be more specific, but I just don't know. As of right now, it seems certain that we'll be all done within the year.
    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

Good to know. I am still very much looking forward to the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Weaver View Post
    Oh, that's not possible. It's solid stuff. I think everyone's just eager to see the conclusion.

We'll wait as long as it takes. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Awesome news! I can't wait to re-order my hardcover copy of Volume 2.
    A great story is simple: never break character.

Current favorites: The Manhattan Projects. Thor: God of Thunder. Batman Inc. X-Men Legacy. Avenging Spider-Man. New Avengers. Daredevil.

Mr. Weaver has posted this to the Internet: