Default Punisher (WZ Movie) -vs- TDKR Bane, Batman (TDKR spoilers)

Punisher from Punisher: War Zone movie

-vs-

1) Batman Hand-to-Hand (No prep, blood lust)

2) Bane Hand-to-Hand (No prep, blood lust)

3) Bane kills Batman and the events unfold just like TDKR, except the bomb isn't degrading, Bane is just going to blow the bomb after 5 months. US government decides to send in Castle alone at the 1 week until detonation. Castle has a safe house in Gotham with all his equipment for WZ and can use the police as he see fit, but it will take him time (say... 3 days) to get them out of the sewer. His mission: Eliminate Bane and Talia within the week. Bane and Talia know he is in Gotham, but out of some misguided sign of respect, won't blow the bomb until the deadline.

1 Batman
    2 Bane

Punisher got his ass taken down by a cop

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post

He doesn't want to hurt cops though..

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    He doesn't want to hurt cops though..
    Punisher isn't willing to kill cops. He has nothing against knocking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    1 Batman
    2 Bane

That cop was a highly trained FBI agent who stood at 6'5-6'6 and was very well trained in martial arts. He also wasn't "taken-down", more as he completely dominated Budianski's best attempts to take him down. Budianski's sheer tenacity and iron-jaw allowed him to slip the cuffs on Frank who WILLINGLY went with him. Do you really think Frank couldn't have KO'D him? Because he did later in the movie...

Frank also hit a man so hard he caved his face in, he assaulted a fortress of armed bangers ranging from former soldiers that partook in mass genocide to gang bangers. In extremely close quarters he eliminated over 40 men in under 10 minutes.
    In his fight with Loony Bin Jim, who showed more acrobatic ability than Nolan's Batman (let's actually focus on the fights themselves instead of the characters. Seeing how that's the rational thing to do), and who had intimate knowledge of human anatomy and how to tear someone a part. Who was strong enough to tear a man's insides out with his bare hands and then proceed to cannibalize him. He also clearly gets-off on pain and it doesn't bother him. Frank showed tremendous damage-soak in not only beating the holy-hell out of LBJ, but afterwards when he took three or four shots of a .608 and still managed to get up and demolish Jigsaw in h2h.

To put that into perspective, when people get hit with the kind of armor Frank is wearing with a 9mm, in the areas Frank got shot, they often wind up with deep bruising at best, and cracked ribs and internal bleeding, to the bullet actually making it through. The larger the caliber the less likely it is to make it through, but the more impact-damage will be done. These vests aren't able to dissipate kinetic energy very well. Basically it was like getting hit with Bane's punches x2 four times in a row, and still getting up and fighting just as fiercely in body armor that is inferior to Bane's and Batman's.

When Batman hit Bane hard enough to temporarily disable his mask he was able to use the intense pain Bane was feeling to win the confrontation. Movie Bane showed nothing in his martial ability to suggest that he would be able to steamroll over Frank like he did Batman. Who is smaller, and faster, but not as strong as Frank. As evidenced by Frank's ability to CRUSH YOUR SKULL IN WITH HIS FISTS. On top of throwing a man who isn't too much smaller than Bruce Wayne against a wall with a bum-leg, which means he had to use more of his arms and back over his legs to make the throw possible.

Finally, Frank is more apt to kill than even Bane is. He has, arguably, just as good training, he has equal damage soak, he has tactical training with one of the best organizations in the world for learning such. Frank is considered to be the very best of the best. He is Rambo-concentrate and never quits and never stops.

1) If it's Frank v.s Batman as he was in the beginning of TDKR, I think he will lose 50% of the time, if it's Batman before then, he will lose 7-8/10. I think I'm being generous here as Frank's fighting style is better choreographed and seems far more brutal on-screen. That said, Batman wins after a great fight.

2) I may be in the minority here but Frank is about as strong as Bane, blood-lusted it could go either way. As far as raw skill goes, I gotta give it to Frank. Bane relies very heavily on his strength, Frank relies more on his tenacity and extensive training. We really don't know how trained Bane is. He certainly isn't as good as Frank is with a gun, but that's not the issue here. This fight is far more interesting to me. I think all Frank needs is that one-shot to the face and he won't just disable Bane's mask, but outright destroy it. From there he shouldn't have a problem avoiding Bane's shots and will be able to hit back with equal ferocity. Punisher wins. 7/10

3) Frank didn't show his mastery of prep in the movie and doesn't have the kind of feats his comic-book self does. That said, he is coordinating with Jim Gordon and he essentially has an army at his disposal. Being a military man I'd wager he'd know how to command a guerilla unit far better than Talia or Bane ever could. Frank would do what Catwoman did. He'd blow Bane up, probably with Talia standing next to her. Frank would go through their men like a buzzsaw and even if Bane got the drop on him he'd just pull his Beretta out, cap his knees and then shoot him in the head. I actually see this being an easier victory for the Punisher than it would be for Batman.

Punisher wins 10/10

The whole "he got taken down by a cop" argument is weak and dishonest.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by hoboboxerjoe View Post
    Punisher wins 10/10

The whole "he got taken down by a cop" argument is weak and dishonest.
    So are statements like

"I'd wager he knows how to command a guerrilla unit far better than Talia or Bane ever could."

That's supposition and not based on actual feats.

Oh, and Frank is not "about as strong as Bane", from what I can remember.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Veteran Member

Let's not forget Batman + his brace could kick through concrete or whatever, and Bane could punch through pillars. And that Batman is fast enough to aim dodge.

Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

1. Batman
    2. Bane
    3. Tom Jane Punisher would be a better choice.