Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Default Warren Ellis in the90's

Is it just me, or did Warren Ellis in the 90's have a hell of a ride with Wildstorm? IMHO, Warren couldn't right a bad comic if he tried in Wildstorm back then makes me wish he could come back to DC for the new 52.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

I agree. Stormwatch is one of the greatest superhero comics ever made, even if it was partially overshadowed by the subsequent Authority. If only all comics had that kind of flair.

True. Speaking of Ellis, what is he up to these days?

His run from Stormwatch up to the Authority is absolutely great.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    True. Speaking of Ellis, what is he up to these days?
    Just wrote a novel, did a badass run on Secret Avengers about a year ago, and generally being a befuddled chronicler of the messed-up future we live in.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Yeah, the Stormwatch/Authority stuff is truly awesome. A bunch of his minis from that period are good, too, as is (of course) his work on Planetary, which I think began in 1998? 97, maybe? Anyway, yup, it's terrific. Even his journeyman work isn't too bad—Marvel did a three-volume "Excalibur Visionaries" set of TPBs that collected his run on that series. It ain't perfect, and there are some obvious growing pains, but it's damn good. When he got to WildStorm, he really got a chance to shine. I always wish there were more Global Frequency books, and I really, really wanted to know what happened in Desolation Jones.
    Your affectionate Uncle,
    Screwtape.

Did Aetheric Mechanics come out in the 90s? I loved Aetheric Mechanics.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Just wrote a novel, did a badass run on Secret Avengers about a year ago, and generally being a befuddled chronicler of the messed-up future we live in.
    Oh yeah, those six issues...another long run >_>
    Any idea if he's going to write any other series soon?
    BB