Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just like the EMH version of the character.
    There's a hologram version?

Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Morse View Post
    Another interview with Mark and Leinil over at Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19195/m...tructible_hulk
    This interview makes me even more excited for what's coming.

I like the idea of Banner trying to show the world that he's deserving to be in the same crowd as Richards and Stark. I like that they're somewhat bringing over the Stark/Banner interplay that's in the Avengers. I like the idea of Hill being in over her head. And I'm sure any Daredevil crossover will be ace.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Damn this sounds good I think it's time to add another title to the pull list with some of these Marvel Now books.

The robot has a shield logo on its exterior so yeah, its definitely a communication device for Maria Hill to speak to/monitor the Hulk while on mission.

1. Dat art.

2. Really glad to see Waid emphasizing going back to the core of Banner/Hulk. Aaron's run really went off into crazy town, so it'll be nice to see the book get back to its essence.

3. Yay, Maria Hill! Loved her when she was a key character in Invincible Iron Man and look forward to her role in Hulk.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    1. Dat art.

2. Really glad to see Waid emphasizing going back to the core of Banner/Hulk. Aaron's run really went off into crazy town, so it'll be nice to see the book get back to its essence.

3. Yay, Maria Hill! Loved her when she was a key character in Invincible Iron Man and look forward to her role in Hulk.
    Couldn't have put it any better.

Great cover! Who is the colorist? That's what really makes this cover rock!

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousMC View Post
    Frost Giants, Kang, Lemuria (Deviants and may be Eternals) count me in!
    This is what caught my eye also. FINALLY someone remembers Lemuria. I'm thinking it's going to host Attuma, though.

Not a Hulk fan. Haven't really bought an arc since Planet Hulk. But this does sound intriguing.

I'm less skeptical about this series now. I'll definitely get issue 1 and see if its interesting. Waid definitely has ideas, he just seems often to lose sight of them over longer periods.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

This sounds pretty cool. I don't like the fact that the Hulk seems to be a tool for Banners purposes though. I liked it when they were co-operating during Greg Pak's run.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might want to read this Hulk book.
    Get your comics from HAIRComics!
    And come visit their Forums

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Great cover! Who is the colorist? That's what really makes this cover rock!
    Yeah, I'd like to know too. Hope the rest of the book is colored that way and it's not just for the covers.

I guess it's Maria Hill cursing out the Hulk through the helmet with its "@#!!" expression above it.

I was already on board but this sounds great, looking forward to it.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.X. View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know too. Hope the rest of the book is colored that way and it's not just for the covers.
    I'm thinking it is Sunny Gho, who's working on the interiors with Yu and recently made Philip Tan's art look amazing on Hawkman.

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

I'm going to be the lone skeptic here on whether this will be good, even with Waid's competent writing.

Marvel is continuing with its pattern of taking the Hulk in a weird new direction that cuts away from the core concept. Traditionally, the Hulk is supposed to be the Hyde counterpart to Banner's Jekyll. They're at odds, each trying to rid themselves of the other, or at least trying to find some semblance of peace. Peace is usually short-lived--one of the pair does something to screw things up for the other, and in the meantime, they're always on the run from the military. And things never, never work out for the Hulk.

It's really been awhile since we've seen that Hulk, although I think Greg Pak came pretty close early into his run. (PLANET HULK had that nice, classical tragic Hulk ending: everything finally works out for the big galoot, and then...boom.) The trend of late is to have the Hulk be "different": raising kids, Banner's nuts, and now this thing where Banner and the Hulk are working together and for the government. I *will* note that this is nothing new--Peter David very briefly had a reluctant Hulk/Banner team working for the government towards the end of his first run, and there was a semi-unified Hulk doing SHIELD work in the Planet Hulk prelude. So, here we go again: another weird new direction that's deviated from the core concept of Banner versus Hulk and running from the Army.

My other beef is an ongoing problem with the Hulk since, well, forever: the Hulk's rogues' gallery isn't really well-developed despite the fact that he's been around for 50 years. The Hulk's core foes are the Leader (depowered again), the Abomination (dead), and M.O.D.O.K. (depowered). I appreciate the occasional fight with the Rhino and the Juggernaut, although these really should be few-and-far-between fights since they're really Spider-Man and X-Men foes respectively. So what we're left with, once again, is the Hulk taking on the Marvel Universe. I'd love to do a statistical check on how many Hulk issues feature a guest-star or villain from another mythos--I'm betting it's a pretty high percentage. Guests are not a bad thing in a shared universe, but I bet that Spider-Man, the X-Men, or the Avengers can sustain themselves for awhile without a substantial appearance by someone outside their mythos. The Hulk either can't, or hasn't been allowed to, do this.

So, I'll be on board as a 30-ish year Hulk reader--it's more Hulk, so I'm still on board. I'm just skeptical that what purports to be all-new won't actually be more of the same.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

I was kind of hoping for this to be a $2.99 book since I really like this creative team but they killed my buzz with the $3.99 price.