Beware my violet temper! LucyFury's Avatar

Default The Ducky Dozen - Original or Modern Versions?

Question, Are the characters from Marvel Zombies - Destroy the original Golden Age versions, new modern day cannon fodder, or a mixture of the two?

Let me find a picture.

Psylocke and Dark Angel - Hell's Ninja Chicks of Darkmoor

Quote Originally Posted by LucyFury View Post
    Question, Are the characters from Marvel Zombies - Destroy the original Golden Age versions, new modern day cannon fodder, or a mixture of the two?
    Many are new. Howard mentions that other realities were lending 616 assistance in this fight, so presumably some come from other timelines.

Eternal Brian - new version. The original was a human brain in a robot body, this one is an Eternal's brain in a robot body.
    Gur and Dragoon - new. Individual members of races seen during the Golden Age.
    Taxi Taylor - new. The Golden Age one was male.
    Red Raven - new. This one is vocally shocked at the idea of women going into combat and states that women are incapable of fighting, but the original fought alongside Miss America, has women in his army and has a daughter who is a warrior.
    Flexo - apparently new. The original was a robot. This one has human internal organs, as confirmed when the zombies rip him apart, so this one was a cyborg, despite claiming otherwise. Also, the original couldn't talk, and this one can, though there's been sufficient time that the original could have been upgraded.
    Breeze Barton and Dynaman - unclear. Breeze's original adventures were in an alternate timeline, while 616 Dynaman was active in the distant past (ancient Egyptian times). It's possible they came to modern day 616, but they might also be from alternate timelines.
    Blazing Skull - appears to be the 616 one, or a very close alternate.

Beware my violet temper! LucyFury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Many are new. Howard mentions that other realities were lending 616 assistance in this fight, so presumably some come from other timelines.

Eternal Brian - new version. The original was a human brain in a robot body, this one is an Eternal's brain in a robot body.
    Gur and Dragoon - new. Individual members of races seen during the Golden Age.
    Taxi Taylor - new. The Golden Age one was male.
    Red Raven - new. This one is vocally shocked at the idea of women going into combat and states that women are incapable of fighting, but the original fought alongside Miss America, has women in his army and has a daughter who is a warrior.
    Flexo - apparently new. The original was a robot. This one has human internal organs, as confirmed when the zombies rip him apart, so this one was a cyborg, despite claiming otherwise. Also, the original couldn't talk, and this one can, though there's been sufficient time that the original could have been upgraded.
    Breeze Barton and Dynaman - unclear. Breeze's original adventures were in an alternate timeline, while 616 Dynaman was active in the distant past (ancient Egyptian times). It's possible they came to modern day 616, but they might also be from alternate timelines.
    Blazing Skull - appears to be the 616 one, or a very close alternate.
    Thank you. I like that explanation. I really hate it when lesser characters are killed off for no good reason. At least if they're alternate versions then we can see them again in some shape or another.

I liked Flexo. I was pulling for him to survive all the way through. *sobs*
    Psylocke and Dark Angel - Hell's Ninja Chicks of Darkmoor

Flexo is my new favourite character.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!