Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stories you don't want to see in a potential Batman reboot (Possible Spoilers)

First and foremost, I don't want a reboot to even touch a story relating to Batman contemplating no longer being Batman. That story/theme has been done to death in Batman films. A Batman reboot where he doesn't even for a split second doubt his decision to be Batman or contemplate retiring would be refreshing to me. What stories don't you want to see in a potential Batman reboot?

An origin story, unless it's so fantastically good it blows Year One and every other Batman origin out of the water.

Beyond that, I'm game.

I don't want to see an origin either. I'd rather see no origins actually. I'd like to be thrown right into a full fleshed universe.

No Joker.
    http://www.fightlockdown.com/
    Come visit us for mma related news and conversation

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jorriss View Post
    I don't want to see an origin either. I'd rather see no origins actually. I'd like to be thrown right into a full fleshed universe.

No Joker.
    This, as well as a movie where Batman isn't the smartest man in the room. I don't want to see Bane for a while either. Also, no hyper-realism. As much as I liked Nolan's films, seeing Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, & the Penguin in some form would be welcome.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

green poison ivy or any villains related to bruce or new characters that are childhood friends

Make say the killing Joke into a movie. Have a established Batman. Not another origin story.

BANNED

I'd like to see something besides an all-black body suit.

I do want the Joker. A Joker more closely resembling the comics version.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I just don't want to see anything they already did. I don't care if they redo the origin as long as they do it a different way.

No Ra's, Talia, League of Assassins/Shadows, or anything even related to them. Honestly, for a trilogy that was supposed to be about Batman, two of the three movies seemed to be more about Ra's and his crew.

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    Make say the killing Joke into a movie. Have a established Batman. Not another origin story.
    Killing Joke is not long enough to be a movie. It wasn't a particularly good story, either. I would rather have that made into an animated film.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

-No more antidotes for poison's released on the city!

-No more bringing women to the cave and letting them know your secret identity.

- Stop destroying the batmobile

- stop waiting for the 3rd film to introduce Robin

-

-

And no killing off the main villain.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveDupin View Post
    Killing Joke is not long enough to be a movie. It wasn't a particularly good story, either. I would rather have that made into an animated film.
    It could be fleshed out into a movie if you focused on that random redhead that got paralyzed in the beginning of the book. And maybe the characters around her, like Dick Grayson.

Actually, I think the story would be a lot better with some focus on Babs/Dick Grayson's reaction to the whole ordeal, instead of "Save my father!" and then forgotten.