Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why is Loki a little kid?

I've just tried an issue of that Journey into Mystery title that everyone's raving about, but I'm a little lost. You see, the last time I read anything with Loki in it he was a grown man. How did he get turned into a little kid?
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    I've just tried an issue of that Journey into Mystery title that everyone's raving about, but I'm a little lost. You see, the last time I read anything with Loki in it he was a grown man. How did he get turned into a little kid?
    Good for you, last time I checked on Loki, he was a grown chick.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Back when Loki was still a grown man he manipulated Norman Osborn into launching an attack on Asgard, intent on restoring Asgard to its rightful place among the Nine Realms as opposed to having it on Earth. Loki underestimated Osborn and his Avengers, especially the Sentry who under Osborn's direction destroyed Asgard and killed Ares. Realizing that he had gone too far he used the Norn Stones to empower the heroes that had sided with Asgard in the fight against Osborn and Sentry. Sentry noticed this however and killed Loki by tearing him in half. Loki's sacrifice allowed the heroes to kill Sentry and defeat Osborn however.

Before dying, Loki as part of a scheme had convinced Hela to take his name out of the Book of Hel, meaning that upon dying he would be reborn instead of going to the afterlife. So Loki was reborn as a young boy and sought out by Thor who had grown to miss his brother. Loki initially had no memory of who he was but Thor restored part of his identity (leaving out Loki's villainous past and his powers).

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

When the Asgardians were reborn during JMS' Thor run they were freed from the eternal cycle of their lives due to Thor destroying the thing that was causing it. Which pretty much gave them all the freedom to do whatever they wanted. But they all pretty much just started doing what they always do and remained who they always have been.

In Loki's own words "Balder is good. Thor is noble. And Loki... remains Loki."

They're the same as ever and to Loki, a god of chaos and mischief, that was just unacceptable. In his view he'd stagnated into a rut where he couldn't even call himself a god of chas with a straight face. He needed to do something to fix this. So through various deals with Hel and Mehpisto Loki made it so that his soul was free from whatever asgardian after-life awaited him and then he brought about the Siege of Asgard where he got himself killed by the Sentry.

He did this so that he would be reincarnated. Not as the mortal nemesis of Thor or anything villainous like that. But as a whole new Loki. The result of this is the young form he has at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    So Loki was reborn as a young boy and sought out by Thor who had grown to miss his brother. Loki initially had no memory of who he was but Thor restored part of his identity (leaving out Loki's villainous past and his powers).
    What he said.

And IMO Kid Loki is way better than adult Loki.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

You would think a kid loki with hardly any powers would be boring as hell but it is actually full of awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What he said.

I agree with you. Kid Loki is a lot of fun. And I'm glad Marvel didn't rush him back into being an adult because of the Avengers movie.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I agree with you. Kid Loki is a lot of fun. And I'm glad Marvel didn't rush him back into being an adult because of the Avengers movie.
    It truly is bizarre what Marvel decides "needs to be like the movies" and what doesn't. We've got a black Nick Fury and Hawkeye's costume HAVE TO BE LIKE THE MOVIES so theoretical newbs aren't confused... but the main villain.. oh sure let's have him be nothing like is movie counterpart.. that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Oh, I remember that one. That got sorted out toward the end of Straczynski's Thor run. One of the very few runs of Thor I read that I actually liked. To be honest though, I think I liked Straczynski's Don Blake a little more than I liked his Thor. Or maybe it was the interplay between the two. I don't even know, is Don Blake still back in the mix?
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

What he said.

I think Kid Loki's run his course (as do most kid characters). Besides, no one will ever write him as well as Gillen.

Bring back the BITCH.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

What he said.

i agree with this, but i'm torn between KL and Movie Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    i agree with this, but i'm torn between KL and Movie Loki.
    IMO Kid Loki>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Movie Loki

I think if they want adult Loki back, they should transform Ikol into a his former self and leave Kid Loki alone. Kid Loki is a very interesting character and I don't want him to be thrown away.

I don't even know, is Don Blake still back in the mix?
    In Fraction's recent Thor issues Don Blake discovers that his life wasn't real and he asks Enchantress to make him a god. She does this weird thing and beheads him. Still alive Donald's head lives happily ever after with these things attatched to it.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...6%29_Mares.jpg
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Push You Down View Post
    It truly is bizarre what Marvel decides "needs to be like the movies" and what doesn't. We've got a black Nick Fury and Hawkeye's costume HAVE TO BE LIKE THE MOVIES so theoretical newbs aren't confused... but the main villain.. oh sure let's have him be nothing like is movie counterpart.. that's cool.
    I would actually say that the somewhat innocent kid!Loki is closer to the semi-sympathetic Movie Loki than the original adult Loki. At least he's not just a total recon or just a suddent shift in direction.

BANNED

Isn't this title about to get cancelled? You should have waited a few more months and pick them up at the bargain bins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Me too lol.