Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Aaron, Ribic Debut Marvel NOW!'s "Thor: God of Thunder" in November

Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic have been confirmed as the creative team on Marvel's "Thor: God of Thunder," with the writer promising the series will star three distinct versions of the Norse deity.

Full article here.

Usually love Ribic but that is a truly hideous cover. Aaron's ideas are sounding great. I'll definitely be on board.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    Usually love Ribic but that is a truly hideous cover.
    That's a hideous cover? Looks great to me. Looking forward to this title, for sure.

Wow, Aaron's plans with the three Thors sound pretty epic to me. Definitely looking forward to this. Have to agree with John Zaleski, though, i'm not a big fan of that cover.

this sounds parts Fraction's mini from a couple years ago and part Jurgen's run before that. hopefully the story itself will be interesting.

Really, those things what Aaron said sounds very promising though some things made me remember a few things from Jurgens run.

What an awesome idea for the story line. I am quite excited for the future king of Asgard stories.

once and future

The title sounds a little "Web of Spider-Man" to me... like if Thor had three books, the third would be called Thor: God of Thunder.

I like Thor being Conan, anyway. Young Thor, Thor, and King Thor. Works for me. I just hope that Aaron has some ideas for this title and this isn't a new Hulk situation. Ribec is alright. His art is really stiff and overrendered, but not as much so as like, Larocca or someone. I just wish they'd colour it a bit brighter because it's hard for me to make out the details in his work. Had this issue with Ultimates.

Confused by custom titles

I wonder if the cover has the young Thor? I like Ribic's cover but I'm not a fan of the design. There's something very cheesy and heavy-metal about it.

I wish they'd just kept Coipel's design entirely -- obviously they've kept elements of it but I was never really a fan of the bare arms look, even though it harkens back to Thor's classic look. Coipel's armor and the tunic with the high collar gave a sort of more dignified look to Thor.

I remember Quesada saying Ribic's design was modular -- maybe he was referring to the 3 versions of Thor wearing different costumes -- Quesada's own Marvel now cover had Thor with two blades strapped to his back and mail armor.

So this is like Thor through the ages, but centered on one villainous thread...interesting idea for now.

Yeah, this sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That's a hideous cover? Looks great to me. Looking forward to this title, for sure.
    Yes. 10 characters
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Cover looks good to me, story sounds good. Too bad I don't care for the character.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    Usually love Ribic but that is a truly hideous cover. Aaron's ideas are sounding great. I'll definitely be on board.
    What???

That cover's beautiful.

I really love some of Aaron's ideas.

I love the idea of Thor being too big to be just fit into one corner of the Marvel Universe.

I also can't wait to see Mangog (the real thing, not the joke that appeared in the Thunderstrike mini) come back!
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

I have to say though...Aaron should have Thor guest teach in Wolverine and the X-men, so that he could learn a bit out mutants and that the kids could have some experience in learning from Thor.

I say this because while Thor may not care about the Human/Mutant riff, his actions are no different than the like of his relationship with Loki.