Page 6 of 334 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._and_More.html

We noted before that WWE recently sent out a survey to poll fans on their interest in possible future DVD and Blu-ray releases. Thanks to Reggie for the following names that were mentioned in the survey:

- Best of WCW Great American Bash
    - Best of WCW Nitro Volume 2
    - Best of WCW War Games
    - ECW Unreleased Volume 2
    I'd throw money at those

Chavo "Classic" Guerrero Sr. has responded to Kevin Nash's rant about Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero as WWE's top champions killing the wrestling industry:

"nash remain a f— moron idiot just because he was a freak and bigger than normal people he stll has no clue wt a wrestler .. entertainer or worker is my grandson that i am training noe cld have abetter match than him, idiot i can take his fat ass down now .. cant do a promo and if u saw his last promo in wwe with punk punk punked him he had no clue wt a waste of body maybe .. maybe his a syncronized wrestler diesel my ass"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. In this entry, Ross focused primarily on Kevin Nash's recent controversial comments about the pro wrestling industry "dying" at WrestleMania 20, which culminated with Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero celebrating in the ring as the company's top champions.

Here are some highlights of what Jim Ross said about the situation:

"I'm an old school guy who thinks that wrestlers come in all shapes and sizes and that the final, final decree on how well said talents produce is ultimately left up to the consumer aka the fans."

"Lots of sub six feet tall athletes have been huge box office draws in the biz over the years. There are too many to mention here."

"Several big men who have migrated into the pro wrestling world simply because of their size have failed. Some haven't. Kevin Nash was and still is very successful. He's made a lot of money and he's saved it. Smart guy. Out of the entire Grantland piece the thing that I felt was most compelling for today's wrestlers, rookies, wannabe's, etc, is that Kevin Nash made big money and he took care of it."

Despite the negative backlash Nash's comments have received on Twitter, from past and present wrestlers, Ross went on to praise Nash:

"Nash is a brilliant guy...love him or hate him. He's a survivor and by any means necessary which at times doesn't sit well with some people."

"I helped give Kevin one of his first breaks while we were both in Atlanta in the early 90's when WCW management, and I use that term loosely, did not know what to do with an athletic, 7 footer who could talk and who had a great look. When management heard Kev in on my WSB Radio show it opened their eyes to what they potentially had."

"No, I don't agree with Kevin on his smaller wrestlers theory as I like all that have true talent. But I do defend his right to express himself and chuckle at the ability that he has to manipulate fans and peers alike in 140 characters or less."

Is it just me or is JR the only sane man here.

Eric Perez, who briefly appeared on SmackDown in 2009 as Eric Escobar, is now a father of triplets. He announced on Facebook Tuesday from San Juan, Puerto Rico: "Today at 2:39pm Dylan Alexander Perez Concepcion, Derek Alexander Perez Concepcion and Christopher Alexander Perez Concepcion were born. all 3 babies are healthy and in great shape. Mom is sore and tired but she is doing great as well. Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers, i will keep u all posted."

- WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

Kurt Angle posted the following about being involved in the WWE 13 video game…

I don't Know if I'm in Wwe13.somebody Claims that I am. That's All I Know!

-- UFC's Diego Sanchez recently spoke about WWE's Daniel Bryan using the "YES" chant. Here is what he had to say…

On Daniel Bryan Using The ‘YES' Chant: "I watched an interview and they asked him where he got the 'Yes' and he said he got it from Diego Sanchez," said Sanchez in a recent interview. "He's promoting me in a way, so I got his back."

On Working With Bryan in The Future: "My team has reached out to them and we'll see what happens," said Sanchez. "We both are the 'Yes' men and if we could help each other that's what it's about. It's about that positivity and motivating yourself to do things you could never do when unmotivated."

Kurt Angle posted the following about being involved in the WWE 13 video game…

I don't Know if I'm in Wwe13.somebody Claims that I am. That's All I Know!

-- UFC's Diego Sanchez recently spoke about WWE's Daniel Bryan using the "YES" chant. Here is what he had to say…

On Daniel Bryan Using The ‘YES' Chant: "I watched an interview and they asked him where he got the 'Yes' and he said he got it from Diego Sanchez," said Sanchez in a recent interview. "He's promoting me in a way, so I got his back."

On Working With Bryan in The Future: "My team has reached out to them and we'll see what happens," said Sanchez. "We both are the 'Yes' men and if we could help each other that's what it's about. It's about that positivity and motivating yourself to do things you could never do when unmotivated."
    If a promo involves a YES battle then I'm sold. Still, sounds like something WWE could build for WM
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Eric Perez, who briefly appeared on SmackDown in 2009 as Eric Escobar, is now a father of triplets. He announced on Facebook Tuesday from San Juan, Puerto Rico: "Today at 2:39pm Dylan Alexander Perez Concepcion, Derek Alexander Perez Concepcion and Christopher Alexander Perez Concepcion were born. all 3 babies are healthy and in great shape. Mom is sore and tired but she is doing great as well. Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers, i will keep u all posted."

- WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.
    Normally I'd hate this but....It's Rock vs Punk for the title at WM, better than another Cena vs Rock match.

WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.
    I would have thought it would be the other way around, with Punk dropping the belt to Rock at Royal Rumble to set up a rematch with Cena at Wrestlemania (with, likely, Cena winning the Royal Rumble match itself). Especially with Wrestlemania being relatively close to Cena's home turf this year.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Normally I'd hate this but....It's Rock vs Punk for the title at WM, better than another Cena vs Rock match.
    Thats my thought. I have no problem for this scenario.

As a way to have Cena stay the hell away from the main event. Have him challenge Taker for the WM winning streak. WWE might aswell get Cena out of the way before Taker officially retires

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I would have thought it would be the other way around, with Punk dropping the belt to Rock at Royal Rumble to set up a rematch with Cena at Wrestlemania (with, likely, Cena winning the Royal Rumble match itself). Especially with Wrestlemania being relatively close to Cena's home turf this year.
    And people would be wondering why the WWE workers are unhappy

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/8...gaspard-update

A group with the rather specifically-themed name of "Moms Opposing McMahon" put together a rally today in order to voice their opposition to Linda McMahon's Senate campaign. The rally, held in West Hartford, Connecticut, delivered a message similar to that released by the state Democratic Party, which supports the group. The group notes that they are not financially aligned with Chris Murphy, the Democrat who is likely to face Linda in the general election. The group mostly pointed out the company's Attitude Era programming, such as the oft-criticized segments portrayed as degrading to women.

When asked for comment, WWE's senior VP of communications Brian Finn said, "All WWE broadcast programming is TV-PG, rated not by us, but by the standards and practices departments of our TV network distributors, while the majority of today's prime time programming is rated TV-14. Five million women watch WWE's weekly TV programming, representing nearly 40 percent of our TV audience. Women would not be watching if they found our programming objectionable."

I don't buy the story about punk/rock at mania.
    It makes sense in reguards to what they do with elimination chamber, but Punk isn't the draw Cena is. If they want Cena to win the belt i don't understand why it's a 3 way match, which are generaly used so a guy can win without winning.

On this week’s episode of MLW Radio presented by WWNLive.com, fresh off of TripleMania, AAA matchmaker Konnan spoke about the lack of new stars in WWE:

“They need to make more stars, dude. We talk about this every week. I don’t know why they don’t, why they haven’t. They’ve always been behind the curve, so has wrestling in general. That hurts a lot. I have a lot of ideas of how you could change it to make it cooler, but who in that company could do that Stone Cold gimmick or that Rock gimmick? They don’t have anybody and then on top of that, they’re not giving enough time to make new stars.”

“It’s always the same guys over and over and over. It’s like, alright, those guys are already stars, let’s make new ones. I don’t know if any of those guys are stepping up though and saying look, I’ve got a great gimmick, let’s go with it. It just doesn’t seem like it. They just don’t have those big stars there and they’re not making new ones like they should.”

The new episode of MLW Radio is available for free at: www.MLW.com and on iTunes each and every Monday. You can also find more information about the show at: http://facebook.com/majorleaguewrestling

Interesting, according to the observer, WWE is having Jim Ross groom Byron Saxton as his replacement.