Page 320 of 334 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5002
  1. #4786
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,610

    Default

    I actually find this funny.



    The key reason why is because while you would think it's a dig at the WWE it's really an obvious dig at the IWC.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  2. #4787
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they induct Mr.T but I had to call WTF when Drew Carey got inducted

    Yeah Owen and Davey I can see but it's still BS when looking at Randy Savage's situation. I'm sure his family would have no problem if they're requested to be inducted along with Randy. Just another BS way for Vince to not induct him.
    That is why many are still not taking the WWE Hall of Fame seriously. When you induct actors and MLB players over your own talent...who will give a fuck.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  3. #4788
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is why many are still not taking the WWE Hall of Fame seriously. When you induct actors and MLB players over your own talent...who will give a fuck.
    Some exceptions can be made. For instance I didn't mind Mike Tyson because he played a big role in a storyline. Drew Carey was just a special Rumble entrant
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  4. #4789
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is why many are still not taking the WWE Hall of Fame seriously. When you induct actors and MLB players over your own talent...who will give a fuck.
    They don't care if it's taken seriously, it's a fake hall of fame that people vince choses to go in go in. It isn't a building, they don't get anything for going on, and he gets to sell a building out every year and make some money on it.

  5. #4790
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,610

    Default

    Yeah the Hall of Fame is pretty much an unofficial wrestling Hall of Fame.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  6. #4791
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Yeah the Hall of Fame is pretty much an unofficial wrestling Hall of Fame.
    It has no standards for going in, thats why it's silly when people get upset.
    Drew Carrey was in because they like to put a celebrity in every year, no other reason.
    The only other hall of fame people talk about is the WON hall of fame, and lanny poffo wouldn't get in that because he doesn't meet the standards, which are you either have to be a giant draw, or have some powerful influence on the business, or be a wonderful technician with a long history of having great matches that people saw and being in a prominent enough position in a major company that the arguement can be made you did something.
    Benoit was never a big draw, but he did have a long history of great matches and was a legit top guy in WWE.
    Poffo was midcarder who never went above midcard. So he wouldn't go in.

    As for the WWE hall of fame, the issue is, they only have x amount of time, and dedicating a portion of it to a midcarder and a portion of it to his dad, who lets be frank, 90% at least of the wrestling audience doesn't know and never saw, would take away from Savage, who everyone knows and who no one can argue was a huge star.

  7. #4792
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Some exceptions can be made. For instance I didn't mind Mike Tyson because he played a big role in a storyline. Drew Carey was just a special Rumble entrant
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    They don't care if it's taken seriously, it's a fake hall of fame that people vince choses to go in go in. It isn't a building, they don't get anything for going on, and he gets to sell a building out every year and make some money on it.
    We all know its basically something in Vince's mind and he makes a HUGE EPIC deal out of . Of course the argument you present is dashed by the fact Vince wants it taken seriously so he tries to convince Bruno to go in each year. And each year Bruno is like...fuck no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It has no standards for going in, thats why it's silly when people get upset.
    Drew Carrey was in because they like to put a celebrity in every year, no other reason.
    The only other hall of fame people talk about is the WON hall of fame, and lanny poffo wouldn't get in that because he doesn't meet the standards, which are you either have to be a giant draw, or have some powerful influence on the business, or be a wonderful technician with a long history of having great matches that people saw and being in a prominent enough position in a major company that the arguement can be made you did something.
    Benoit was never a big draw, but he did have a long history of great matches and was a legit top guy in WWE.
    Poffo was midcarder who never went above midcard. So he wouldn't go in.

    As for the WWE hall of fame, the issue is, they only have x amount of time, and dedicating a portion of it to a midcarder and a portion of it to his dad, who lets be frank, 90% at least of the wrestling audience doesn't know and never saw, would take away from Savage, who everyone knows and who no one can argue was a huge star.
    This is where reality and stuff needs to depart. Because no one knows much about Angelo Poffo doesn't mean airing the stuff from the tape library and bringing people up to date isn't something they can't do. I mean lets look at those lowly midcarders that is in the Hall of Fame now.

    -"Baron" Mikel Scicluna - This goes in the ...who the fuck is this guy ?
    - Johnny Rodz - A career WWF jobber...inducted 1996
    - Tito Santana - Mostly tag team star .

    This is a few listed. Not huge epic draws. Hell they inducted a career jobber. So your point about Lanny Poffo "The Genius" who they basically using as a bit of a cool rip for the Sandow character doesn't hold water at all.

    Induct all 3 in. Your inducting career jobbers , TV stars and who knows what the hell else .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  8. #4793
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,067

    Default

    koko b ware is in, so is verne gagne who never even wrestled for the WWF/E. don't see any reason the genius and angelo can't get in especially if it means macho gets in with them.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  9. #4794
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We all know its basically something in Vince's mind and he makes a HUGE EPIC deal out of . Of course the argument you present is dashed by the fact Vince wants it taken seriously so he tries to convince Bruno to go in each year. And each year Bruno is like...fuck no.



    This is where reality and stuff needs to depart. Because no one knows much about Angelo Poffo doesn't mean airing the stuff from the tape library and bringing people up to date isn't something they can't do. I mean lets look at those lowly midcarders that is in the Hall of Fame now.

    -"Baron" Mikel Scicluna - This goes in the ...who the fuck is this guy ?
    - Johnny Rodz - A career WWF jobber...inducted 1996
    - Tito Santana - Mostly tag team star .

    This is a few listed. Not huge epic draws. Hell they inducted a career jobber. So your point about Lanny Poffo "The Genius" who they basically using as a bit of a cool rip for the Sandow character doesn't hold water at all.

    Induct all 3 in. Your inducting career jobbers , TV stars and who knows what the hell else .
    Your missing the point.
    Macho Man is a big enough star that he should be inducted solo, not with 2 guys they otherwise wouldn't put in.
    And he doesn't want Bruno to go in because he wants it to be real, he wants Bruno to go in because mania is in new york and he's quickly running out of past stars.

  10. #4795
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    koko b ware is in, so is verne gagne who never even wrestled for the WWF/E. don't see any reason the genius and angelo can't get in especially if it means macho gets in with them.
    Exactly... and given Angelo's history in the business as a wrestler and promoter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Your missing the point.
    Macho Man is a big enough star that he should be inducted solo, not with 2 guys they otherwise wouldn't put in.
    And he doesn't want Bruno to go in because he wants it to be real, he wants Bruno to go in because mania is in new york and he's quickly running out of past stars.
    He wants Bruno each year.....and its to add someone with a legit past to the company . Its every year and each time Bruno declines. And if he wants past stars... induct 2 that used to work for your company people will remember. Ya know... Randy Savage and the Genius.

    And Angelo Poffo deserves to go in. The man wrestled in countless territories and more for 40+ years and ran ICW. He helped launch his son's career. Even if Lanny Poffo doesn't deserve the nod (and really your using a character today to nearly rip his act which is cool) then you more or less do it for Angelo and Randy.

    And a way to do the inductions is ...do one each week. You have one week for Angelo Poffo. Then the next week...The Genius. Then finally you show Randy Savage. At the Hall of Fame you do it where Lanny can say ...the Poffo's made it all in together.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  11. #4796
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Exactly... and given Angelo's history in the business as a wrestler and promoter.



    He wants Bruno each year.....and its to add someone with a legit past to the company . Its every year and each time Bruno declines. And if he wants past stars... induct 2 that used to work for your company people will remember. Ya know... Randy Savage and the Genius.

    And Angelo Poffo deserves to go in. The man wrestled in countless territories and more for 40+ years and ran ICW. He helped launch his son's career. Even if Lanny Poffo doesn't deserve the nod (and really your using a character today to nearly rip his act which is cool) then you more or less do it for Angelo and Randy.

    And a way to do the inductions is ...do one each week. You have one week for Angelo Poffo. Then the next week...The Genius. Then finally you show Randy Savage. At the Hall of Fame you do it where Lanny can say ...the Poffo's made it all in together.
    But Lanny Poffo shouldn't be on the same level of Savage, and he shouldn't be given a platform where he attempts to do so.
    I think since Lanny is the one insisting on it he would see through what you are suggesting.

    And maybe you're right about Bruno, but it's HHH doing the work, not vince.
    I actually think he's going in this year, and heres my totaly unfounded theory on why.

    Meltzer is in pretty tight with Bruno, interviews him at least twice a year (because Bruno is a great interview with a pretty friggen interesting life story). He said flat out HHH was meeting with Bruno in person when they were in pittsburg last week and since we have heard dick. If it was a no i imagine meltzer would have said so, but since he always keeps secrets, im assuming Bruno said yes.
    And Foley is probably going in this year too, given that it's the new york market, bruno and foley are enough to sell out the building, and since the only other place people see the hof in total is on the dvd, they don't need big names to sell.
    HOWEVER, the year after, if they don't get Warrior they need Savage, i don't think Rock is technically in either, the year most people thought he got inducted it was actually him inducting his dad and granddad.

  12. #4797
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    59,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Then you induct them.... you induct the family since 2 of them have legit damn reasons to be in there. Randy and his father have legit reasons to be there. Hell the current work that Sandow is doing is so ripped from the Genius . Absolute horse shit why you can't induct them , yet can induct fucking Drew Carey .
    I think part of the sticking point is simply that the family is almost trying to blackmail or leverage their way into the Hall of Fame. Savage only gets in if the rest of his family does.... it's coming with a set of demands.

    And as Randy is dead anyways, there's essentially no rush.

    Personally, I'm not upset about it either way. I'm sure Savage will be in there at some point with or without his family.

  13. #4798
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think part of the sticking point is simply that the family is almost trying to blackmail or leverage their way into the Hall of Fame. Savage only gets in if the rest of his family does.... it's coming with a set of demands.

    And as Randy is dead anyways, there's essentially no rush.

    Personally, I'm not upset about it either way. I'm sure Savage will be in there at some point with or without his family.
    i don't think there's any reason to be upset either, i'm just saying if they want macho in i don't see the big deal about caving to the families demands whether they truly be randy wishes or not. seriously the demands aren't that outrageous, why the fuck would anybody protest the gza or angelo going into the hall of fame unless it's just a pride thing, in which case they should get over it.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  14. #4799
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    But Lanny Poffo shouldn't be on the same level of Savage, and he shouldn't be given a platform where he attempts to do so.
    I think since Lanny is the one insisting on it he would see through what you are suggesting.

    And maybe you're right about Bruno, but it's HHH doing the work, not vince.
    I actually think he's going in this year, and heres my totaly unfounded theory on why.

    Meltzer is in pretty tight with Bruno, interviews him at least twice a year (because Bruno is a great interview with a pretty friggen interesting life story). He said flat out HHH was meeting with Bruno in person when they were in pittsburg last week and since we have heard dick. If it was a no i imagine meltzer would have said so, but since he always keeps secrets, im assuming Bruno said yes.
    And Foley is probably going in this year too, given that it's the new york market, bruno and foley are enough to sell out the building, and since the only other place people see the hof in total is on the dvd, they don't need big names to sell.
    HOWEVER, the year after, if they don't get Warrior they need Savage, i don't think Rock is technically in either, the year most people thought he got inducted it was actually him inducting his dad and granddad.
    It would shock me if Bruno said yes finally. HHH's mission worked for the company if he did after years of Bruno rejecting each attempt. It will take a year where there is really no choice but to induct them. Which people will say , "That is nice Vince ...induct them years after you should have fucking did it."

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think part of the sticking point is simply that the family is almost trying to blackmail or leverage their way into the Hall of Fame. Savage only gets in if the rest of his family does.... it's coming with a set of demands.

    And as Randy is dead anyways, there's essentially no rush.

    Personally, I'm not upset about it either way. I'm sure Savage will be in there at some point with or without his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i don't think there's any reason to be upset either, i'm just saying if they want macho in i don't see the big deal about caving to the families demands whether they truly be randy wishes or not. seriously the demands aren't that outrageous, why the fuck would anybody protest the gza or angelo going into the hall of fame unless it's just a pride thing, in which case they should get over it.
    Exactly and at this point its almost silly. They have had chances to induct them the past few years and continue to go...no...no. Vince must be taking clues from Jann Wenner on who he can keep out .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  15. #4800
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,026

    Default

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •