Page 273 of 334 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5002
  1. #4081
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That was an idea that hasn't been mentioned for 8 months.
    There was no feasiable way for them to overcome the lost income on that plan, they needed to get something like 1 million subscriptions to make that work, and there is no way they will ever get that many subscribers.
    Well given that a lot of PPV's are doing really low numbers... I forgot Summerslam...add it to the big 4 the WWE planned to keep as PPV only. The rest its debated from the plan would be for free to the Network . To lure subscribers. The HBO plan seems to be a way for the channel to do it . Because they can charge a bigger fee for cable networks to pick it up and all.

    I suspect the only way they can get as many subscribers to the channel and cable networks to carry it , is they are gonna have to offer some free PPV's to it. Because how many will want a channel they pay for ...and get older shows they can see on Youtube ? I doubt Legends House can be a pull for many to watch it ...no matter how awesome Iron Sheik living in a house with Roddy Piper sounds lol.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  2. #4082
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well given that a lot of PPV's are doing really low numbers... I forgot Summerslam...add it to the big 4 the WWE planned to keep as PPV only. The rest its debated from the plan would be for free to the Network . To lure subscribers. The HBO plan seems to be a way for the channel to do it . Because they can charge a bigger fee for cable networks to pick it up and all.

    I suspect the only way they can get as many subscribers to the channel and cable networks to carry it , is they are gonna have to offer some free PPV's to it. Because how many will want a channel they pay for ...and get older shows they can see on Youtube ? I doubt Legends House can be a pull for many to watch it ...no matter how awesome Iron Sheik living in a house with Roddy Piper sounds lol.
    WWE only has to sell 40k ppvs worldwide to make a profit.
    The average b ppv this year did 100k domestic, and that's the low, worldwide they generaly did 180k for the low ones.
    So, the B ppvs are very profitable for WWE.

    And here's the thinking.
    You have to sell 1 million subs to make up the lost revenue from the ppvs, this thing is launching only in the US.
    You only get 100k people to buy the normal B ppv, those are the hardcore fans, the most willing to buy ppvs and spend extra money on the product.
    If every single one of those people buy the network, you have 100k people paying 15 bucks a month, instead of 100k people paying 50 bucks a month.

    Classics on demand never had more than 130k subscribers, it currently has 30-60ish, and it costs like 7 bucks a month.

  3. #4083
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    And this is ignoring that they don't even have anyone offering to put the network up.
    WWE has 7 hours of new programming on american television per week, 3 hours of raw is burning the audience out already, adding a network is the stupidest possible thing they can do right now. Taking away ppv revenue to make it more appealing is an even worse idea, that's why vince in the last 2 finacial meetings has barely mentioned the network, and not mentioned the giving away ppvs for free.

  4. #4084
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    WWE only has to sell 40k ppvs worldwide to make a profit.
    The average b ppv this year did 100k domestic, and that's the low, worldwide they generaly did 180k for the low ones.
    So, the B ppvs are very profitable for WWE.

    And here's the thinking.
    You have to sell 1 million subs to make up the lost revenue from the ppvs, this thing is launching only in the US.
    You only get 100k people to buy the normal B ppv, those are the hardcore fans, the most willing to buy ppvs and spend extra money on the product.
    If every single one of those people buy the network, you have 100k people paying 15 bucks a month, instead of 100k people paying 50 bucks a month.

    Classics on demand never had more than 130k subscribers, it currently has 30-60ish, and it costs like 7 bucks a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    And this is ignoring that they don't even have anyone offering to put the network up.
    WWE has 7 hours of new programming on american television per week, 3 hours of raw is burning the audience out already, adding a network is the stupidest possible thing they can do right now. Taking away ppv revenue to make it more appealing is an even worse idea, that's why vince in the last 2 finacial meetings has barely mentioned the network, and not mentioned the giving away ppvs for free.
    They are still trying to work out the numbers to get the logical things they wanna do with it. I do expect not all the B PPV's to be dropped. But quite a many who don't get the network will still buy them. Overseas they will still buy them as will those without the network here. Also several options have been floated about the network.

    1.) It should be a regular channel in the ESPN mold and Vince charges for it.

    2.) It should be a premium channel in the HBO mold.

    3.) It should be like a MLB Channel and done in that way.

    Also the biggest thing is the WWE won't have all those hours of TV floating on TV soon. Once the network launches its expected Smackdown will be moved to the WWE Channel as a way to entice viewers for it as well.

    I think a reason Vince hasn't said anything is , he's trying to find the best launch for this. Because...he only gets 1 chance with it. If this is gonna work its gonna have to come off well. Because its a big gamble. Its expected the company is gonna invest a lot into it. So they can't rush it and they haven't. Its been pushed back 2-3 times already.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  5. #4085
    Senior Member Huthaifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,978

    Default

    I actually think that the WWE is going more for the Playboy Channel mold. They are not expecting anybody to watch the channel all day. They expect maybe an hour or two a day tops. They will probably play the same shows multiple times throughout the day. I think they are misjudging this quite a bit. But anyone doubting they dont have enough programming is deluding themselves. They have like 40+ years of wrestling footage plus WWE films. I just think they hurt their brand by not being able to show their programmin on multiple channels. Playboy doesnt have that option.

  6. #4086
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They are still trying to work out the numbers to get the logical things they wanna do with it. I do expect not all the B PPV's to be dropped. But quite a many who don't get the network will still buy them. Overseas they will still buy them as will those without the network here. Also several options have been floated about the network.

    1.) It should be a regular channel in the ESPN mold and Vince charges for it.

    2.) It should be a premium channel in the HBO mold.

    3.) It should be like a MLB Channel and done in that way.

    Also the biggest thing is the WWE won't have all those hours of TV floating on TV soon. Once the network launches its expected Smackdown will be moved to the WWE Channel as a way to entice viewers for it as well.

    I think a reason Vince hasn't said anything is , he's trying to find the best launch for this. Because...he only gets 1 chance with it. If this is gonna work its gonna have to come off well. Because its a big gamble. Its expected the company is gonna invest a lot into it. So they can't rush it and they haven't. Its been pushed back 2-3 times already.
    I don't know who's expecting that, it's never been mentioned a single time by the company.
    If by mention you mean their contract with sci fi is up this year, then yeah, but in the last conferance call Vince said SMS isn't going away, raw, smackdown, main event are all staying, because they are important revenue streams and they need to be available on more channels than the network.
    The reason they haven't said much is because everything they have said in the past is going to lose money. And they can't come up with a new way for it to make money because theres no way it's going to be a big deal in a time period when wrestling isn't popular.

  7. #4087
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default

    - Former WWE Superstar Tyler Reks vented on Twitter Sunday night, making comments about John Cena, Randy Orton, Zack Ryder and other WWE talents. Here are his tweets:

    "Trying to think of some good dirt I could spill about WWE. Prepare yourselves…"

    "Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer – even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV’s? … 1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I’m 10 years & tells me if I use it again I’d me fired. He yelled at me & said, ‘Who gave u permission to use that’? Apparently he hadn’t been watching the product 4 the last 8 months… Or perhaps how he stole our idea to get fired, use social media to get over, & run in from the crowd (Given to Miz & Truth)… I still have the promo DVD our idea was burned onto when Cena supposedly helped us with the idea – then lied & said it wasn’t stolen later."

    "People say I’m bitter now. No, I just think truth is in order. Don’t want people to be disillusioned like I was."

    "Anyone have a story about the world’s biggest baby? Oh, I do … Dude’s been on his bus for years, decides to come to the locker room & starts yelling at everyone to take their bags to their cars… All because a new WHC was putting on his boots on the floor. He ALWAYS puts his boots on on the floor."

    "Edge, Christian, Jericho, Kane, Taker, Kofi, Truth – all good guys… Ziggler = stand up dude. Great guy. Talented. Good heart and works hard. @ZackRyder is a great dude. Innovated& determined to that last ounce. Wrestling is all he ever wanted to do. Great guy."

    "Swags? Good guy. Nothing bad to say. Love the dude. Riley? Great guy – talented. Would be over as all hell if a certain someone wasn’t holding him down… #YouKnowWho"

    "Randy [Orton]‘s actually very cool. Got a lot of respect for him. Calm, mellow, helpful. I dig the guy. Keep cheerin him."

    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...42St8UzkR7H.99
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  8. #4088
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

    "Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer – even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV’s? … 1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I’m 10 years & tells me if I use it again I’d me fired. He yelled at me & said, ‘Who gave u permission to use that’? Apparently he hadn’t been watching the product 4 the last 8 months… Or perhaps how he stole our idea to get fired, use social media to get over, & run in from the crowd (Given to Miz & Truth)… I still have the promo DVD our idea was burned onto when Cena supposedly helped us with the idea – then lied & said it wasn’t stolen later."
    Face of the company treated new guy like an idiot for using a very dangerous pro wrestling move that looks like a reversed version of the face of the face of the companys finish?
    What a shock.

  9. #4089
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Match from a house show report
    Antonio Cesaro d. Jack Swagger and R Truth in 13 minutes.
    Match ended when Truth hit Swagger with his finisher, then Cesaro threw Truth out and stole the pin.

  10. #4090
    Senior Member SephirothDZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Face of the company treated new guy like an idiot for using a very dangerous pro wrestling move that looks like a reversed version of the face of the face of the companys finish?
    What a shock.
    Not using it because it's dangerous I can understand. But if Cena put up a stink because it looks like his finisher, that's a load of crap since Cena's finisher originated as a ripoff of someone else's finisher.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

  11. #4091
    socksaholic steve2275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,782

    Default

    Posted in: WWE
    Mick Foley Interview - Why He Returned To WWE, Hall of Fame Rumors, His New Book
    By Daniel Pena
    Dec 2, 2012 - 5:06:16 PM
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...AywDElPMMDA.99

    Posted in: WWE
    WWE Talent Moved To Administrative Position, AJ Lee Profiled In USA Weekend, Birthdays
    By Daniel Pena
    Dec 3, 2012 - 12:04:00 AM

    - Byron Saxton is still affiliated with WWE after his profile was removed from the roster page of the official NXT Wrestling website last week. He has been moved to an administrative job as a Creative Assistant. WWE has said he that he will continue working as an announcer.

    - Former WWE Superstar Super Crazy turns 39-years-old Monday while Riki Choshu turns 61.

    - AJ Lee is featured in USA Weekend (link) with a query regarding her age (she's 25). The WWE Diva notes to the publication that the soap opera aspects of professional wrestling “is what got (her) emotionally involved” as a fan.

    “I didn’t have a lot of opportunities growing up and I had a pretty hard childhood, and this company and wrestling in general was the one bright light in my life," said Lee, who was 12-years-old when she told her mother she wanted to be a professional wrestler.

    - The official WWE website has posted a "25 Days of Divas" photo gallery featuring all-new and classic Divas photos every day until Christmas.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...GlgjCvXBg0a.99

    Posted in: WWE
    Ryback Teams with Team Hell No, Cody Rhodes Injury Update, The Rock & GI Joe
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 3, 2012 - 7:15:19 AM

    - The Rock got a sneak peek at the new GI Joe movie this weekend. He tweeted:

    "Just saw GI JOE: RETALIATION (3D). Big & bad ass. Can't wait for you to see this film.. 3/29/13 #JoesVsCobra"

    - Cody Rhodes indicated on Twitter that he is already back to lifting weights. Cody is expected to be out of action until early 2013.

    - Ryback teamed with Kane and Daniel Bryan to face Hunico, Camacho and WWE Champion CM Punk at last night's WWE live event in Florence, South Carolina. The match ended in a No Contest when Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfered to attack Ryback. Ryback fought them off while Team Hell No fought them to the backstage area.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...64cOJo3Bm3c.99


    Posted in: WWE
    Update on WWE's Tribute to the Troops - List of Events, WWE Legends Set to Appear, More
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 3, 2012 - 8:08:51 AM

    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...PlBzLDSK58Q.99
    Ric Flair’s Exclusive Interview with WrestleNewz (Part 1)
    http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...lenewz-part-1/

    Posted in: WWE
    Why Is Tyler Reks Lashing Out at WWE and John Cena?, Backstage Notes on Vince McMahon
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 3, 2012 - 8:43:41 AM

    - As noted earlier, former WWE Superstar Tyler Reks went off on Twitter last night about John Cena and other WWE talents. Reks frustration apparently comes from WWE not helping to fix his broken nose from a match with MVP in Turkey several years ago. Reks tweeted:

    "Sorry man. U can only bite a dog so many times before he bites back. Got bit again this week by WWE. Nose=still broken. Maybe if they had called me to fix my nose that I broke in Turkey against MVP we'd be all good... #GabeTuft"

    - Sources close to Vince McMahon noted that he seemed more frazzled than he had in a long time over the past few months in the sense that keeping RAW interesting and trying to create new buzz was really getting to him.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...gGaGiDCPDBG.99


    Posted in: WWE
    Big Update on WWE Establishing a Physical Hall of Fame, Possible Change for Future WrestleManias
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 3, 2012 - 8:53:22 AM
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...JF11B5JDVA8.99
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-03-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

  12. #4092
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Not using it because it's dangerous I can understand. But if Cena put up a stink because it looks like his finisher, that's a load of crap since Cena's finisher originated as a ripoff of someone else's finisher.
    Different situation, Cena did it as a funny deal because he was feuding with a guy, but right now he is THE guy, and some random dude on NXT shouldn't be doing it.
    I'm doing told it's actually not a burning hammer he does anyway, but no one linked a video so i can't confirm.
    As to him whining about Cena not watching the show...did he mean NXT?
    No one watched NXT.

  13. #4093
    Senior Member SephirothDZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Different situation, Cena did it as a funny deal because he was feuding with a guy, but right now he is THE guy, and some random dude on NXT shouldn't be doing it.
    I'm doing told it's actually not a burning hammer he does anyway, but no one linked a video so i can't confirm.
    As to him whining about Cena not watching the show...did he mean NXT?
    No one watched NXT.
    When Cena did it, he was still up-and-coming in the sense that he wasn't really "the guy" yet and the guy he was feuding with was one of the biggest guys in the company at the time.

    I think the comparison is perfectly valid.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

  14. #4094
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    When Cena did it, he was still up-and-coming in the sense that he wasn't really "the guy" yet and the guy he was feuding with was one of the biggest guys in the company at the time.

    I think the comparison is perfectly valid.
    Except Cena was feuding with one of the biggest guys in the company, and Tyler Reks was NXT being seen by 2000 people.

  15. #4095
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    - Former WWE Superstar Tyler Reks vented on Twitter Sunday night, making comments about John Cena, Randy Orton, Zack Ryder and other WWE talents. Here are his tweets:

    "Trying to think of some good dirt I could spill about WWE. Prepare yourselves…"

    "Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer – even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV’s? … 1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I’m 10 years & tells me if I use it again I’d me fired. He yelled at me & said, ‘Who gave u permission to use that’? Apparently he hadn’t been watching the product 4 the last 8 months… Or perhaps how he stole our idea to get fired, use social media to get over, & run in from the crowd (Given to Miz & Truth)… I still have the promo DVD our idea was burned onto when Cena supposedly helped us with the idea – then lied & said it wasn’t stolen later."

    "People say I’m bitter now. No, I just think truth is in order. Don’t want people to be disillusioned like I was."

    "Anyone have a story about the world’s biggest baby? Oh, I do … Dude’s been on his bus for years, decides to come to the locker room & starts yelling at everyone to take their bags to their cars… All because a new WHC was putting on his boots on the floor. He ALWAYS puts his boots on on the floor."

    "Edge, Christian, Jericho, Kane, Taker, Kofi, Truth – all good guys… Ziggler = stand up dude. Great guy. Talented. Good heart and works hard. @ZackRyder is a great dude. Innovated& determined to that last ounce. Wrestling is all he ever wanted to do. Great guy."

    "Swags? Good guy. Nothing bad to say. Love the dude. Riley? Great guy – talented. Would be over as all hell if a certain someone wasn’t holding him down… #YouKnowWho"

    "Randy [Orton]‘s actually very cool. Got a lot of respect for him. Calm, mellow, helpful. I dig the guy. Keep cheerin him."

    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...42St8UzkR7H.99
    Even if what he's saying is true (and I personally have no reason to doubt the guy) I frankly think random shots like this make it sound like these guys are just bitter and looking for a little attention. Maybe it's just me... but my opinion of Reks dropped more than my opinion of Cena after listening to the rant.

    Maybe if I were in his shoes I'd want to rant too, but getting online just to rag on someone just seems unecessary to me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •