Page 330 of 334 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by andthegunslinger View Post
    i think cena is like a marshmallow.

it's the same throughout. if you dig really really deep inside cena's soul... he's a face. if you dig really deeper to that dark place we all hide from the world ... he's still a face.

I have a feeling he'll never be a heel as part of the modern era. I guess maybe one day when he's no longer the company guy they'll try it, but by then nobody will really care.

It's crazy that Cena will probably have at least another 10 years in him and I guess he'll probably be the face of the company for that time too.
    As long as WWE can still make money off of Cena as a face then a face he shall remain. It's all about the Benjamin's.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    As long as WWE can still make money off of Cena as a face then a face he shall remain. It's all about the Benjamin's.
    If they were gonna turn Cena ...this year was likely the best to do it. They had Heyman and others that could have worked to get Cena over as a heel. Punk was getting huge face pops. They could have done it this year.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Cena, DBD, the bellas and daddy bella.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

Jesus Christ man, stop wearing shorts all the goddamn time. Hell, he is three wristbands and his face being on that shirt from being in ring gear.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Jesus Christ man, stop wearing shorts all the goddamn time. Hell, he is three wristbands and his face being on that shirt from being in ring gear.
    I'm hoping the two relationships work out. Imagine Danielson and Cena as in-laws, you can make a WWE sitcom out of it!!! LOL!!!
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I'm hoping the two relationships work out. Imagine Danielson and Cena as in-laws, you can make a WWE sitcom out of it!!! LOL!!!
    That would be funny.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    that's because he is always ready, come and get some!!! LOL

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

I can imagine the WWE Creative team is going ..."Fuuuck Cena...your killing us man. We wanna do the AJ storyline and your posing in pictures with one of the Bella's and blowing this shit outta the water for us !" Can picture one of them banging their heads on the table.

It has maybe better odds of working perhaps if it can last til Cena hits his late 30's. With Cena hitting his mid 30's now and gonna be slowing down due to injuries in a few years , the odds will go up. Because the WWE isn't gonna push Cena out there once his peak era is over. He will get a limited schedule at some point to save him and make $$$. The Undertaker himself had marriages as we saw and Sarah (old tat on his neck) and what hurt it was Taker was on the road and hooked up with McCool. So now that he's more home that temptation is low.

Now why am I saying Cena will be slowing down ? Its reported he's really banged up right now and working through more than the WWE will reveal. Eventually they better hope Ryback and someone else can be built as Main Event faces to give Cena more time off in 2013. Because the guy needs it if he's gonna be able to go into his 40's for them.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

This sounds a little deep but what is the psychology of a wrestler? Why do they wrestle?

I'm a little conflicted. The guys in the ring are big (usually) beefy, tough guys, but the fans who watch wrestling are ... usually not. One of the major motives I guess is that they love the sport but this is where the stereotypes clash. Guys who are REALLY into wrestling appear nothing like guys who wrestle. Are wrestlers just former wrestling smarks and nerds?

It can't be just the money, because wrestling doesn't pay well unless you're in one of the big two. I guess getting into it for the money and girls is one excuse but I don't think that's completely it.

I also doubt they have some spiritual desire and drive to "entertain."

So what is the reason for it? They love wrestling? So huge guys like Ezikiel Jackson and Mason Ryan are nerdy fanboys at heart? I don't see it. I see a lot of wrestlers are football players and bodybuilders. Are these tough guys so in to roleplaying characters that they're willing to hurt themselves to do so?

So why do wrestlers wrestle?

Are wrestlers a little crazy? Because wrestling hurts. Even taking a mat-bump plays havoc on your back. Are they proving they're tough? Is it more like joining a family circus, a lot of these guys are afterall connected.

Any insight would be much appreciated! I'm of course relying on stereotypes and I'm sure there are millions of motives but I can't say I fully understand why they do what they do. As much as I as a fan enjoy it, I think it's a very stupid thing to do. When I consider the individual who would do it, they seem... damaged. Any interviews or examples where wrestlers have discussed why they do it? :)
    for some its a family tradition

The Big Show talks with the Morning Show about health, growing up, and Things he cares about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TPSbEumfSY
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    Yeah, he's been back in WWE so long that almost forgot his TNA run, but you're right he did get over big in TNA before going back to WWE. That still doesn't change my point that SuperE's belief that TNA is the best way for someone to get attention from WWE doesn't hold up based on the companies history and it's present. Especially considering that the only person to come in after making their name with TNA and have a good run came from WWE in the first place. While his K-kwik run wasn't great it was long enough that he probably made some friends within the company.
    that's cool, i wasn't trying to change your mind/point about anything. just thought it was a good question and wanted to show off my infinite knowledge by answering it.

This sounds a little deep but what is the psychology of a wrestler? Why do they wrestle?

I'm a little conflicted. The guys in the ring are big (usually) beefy, tough guys, but the fans who watch wrestling are ... usually not. One of the major motives I guess is that they love the sport but this is where the stereotypes clash. Guys who are REALLY into wrestling appear nothing like guys who wrestle. Are wrestlers just former wrestling smarks and nerds?

It can't be just the money, because wrestling doesn't pay well unless you're in one of the big two. I guess getting into it for the money and girls is one excuse but I don't think that's completely it.

I also doubt they have some spiritual desire and drive to "entertain."

So what is the reason for it? They love wrestling? So huge guys like Ezikiel Jackson and Mason Ryan are nerdy fanboys at heart? I don't see it. I see a lot of wrestlers are football players and bodybuilders. Are these tough guys so in to roleplaying characters that they're willing to hurt themselves to do so?

So why do wrestlers wrestle?

Are wrestlers a little crazy? Because wrestling hurts. Even taking a mat-bump plays havoc on your back. Are they proving they're tough? Is it more like joining a family circus, a lot of these guys are afterall connected.

Any insight would be much appreciated! I'm of course relying on stereotypes and I'm sure there are millions of motives but I can't say I fully understand why they do what they do. As much as I as a fan enjoy it, I think it's a very stupid thing to do. When I consider the individual who would do it, they seem... damaged. Any interviews or examples where wrestlers have discussed why they do it? :)
    in the end i think they're all attention whores at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    a number of older wrestlers cite lack of options, former college athletes who weren't good enough to go pro, or former pro athletes who had a short career and found their way to wrestling

Buff Bagwell did an interview with HBO Real Sports shortly after the Benoit murder/suicide and they asked him why - his answer, he'd been doing it since he was 17, never had a real job, no college, and barely finished high school

and there are number of guys who are educated who got into wrestling because they were fans or wanted to do something different...Miz, John Morrison, and David Otunga all have college degrees, Spike Dudley is a school teacher (was before wrestling and went back to it)...Otunga is a practicing lawyer (he actually is, I looked it up) but has been a WWE fan all his life
    you got WERKT!!

guys like Goldberg and Lesnar were great college athletes but just weren't good enough for the pros but still wanted a physical occupation and if you are a top guy you can make some money

and some guys aren't cut out for a 9 to 5
    for lesnar there was no "pros"

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Those guys don't have a downside.
    TNA guys are seen by enough people that they can easily rebrand them.
    TNA guys might have their TNA name attached to them and are seen as minor league instead of being seen as new guys.
    by who, vince??

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Monty Brown was renamed in WWE...Marquis Corvon, same exact gimmick though
    i don't remember cor von ever calling himself the alpha male or talking about the serengeti or even the POOOOOOOOOOOOOUNCE!!!!. in WWECW, i would've marked out.

the bella dad looks like he could kick briansons ass.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 12-28-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

by who, vince??
    Yeah, or the creative team.
    The fans won't care, if they stopped caring about jeff hardy when he went to tna, why would they care if bobby roode came to wwe?
    You can't get over in TNA, they would have to be a totaly new dude in WWE. Which...they would anyway because the WWE audience is much bigger than the TNA audience.
    But i can just see vince. They sign Austin Aries or something, he's in developmental, doing nothing wrong, and then we hear about how everyone hates him because he thinks he's a big star since he had the belt in some indie group.

Posted in: WWE
    Sin Cara To Return Sooner Than Expected, Former WCW Wrestler Running For Mayor, WWE en Espanol
    By Daniel Pena
    Dec 27, 2012 - 8:26:04 PM

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...LhKLbkckrRM.99
    John Cena Spends Christmas With The Bella Twins, LeBron James Reveals Passion For Ric Flair
    By Daniel Pena
    Dec 27, 2012 - 9:10:54 PM

- LeBron James revealed his passion for Ric Flair after the legendary wrestler paid a visit to the Miami Heat locker room following their game against the Charlotte Bobcats Wednesday night at Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"I mean, when I was a kid, I loved wrestling," James told South Florida Sun Sentinel. "He was one of the guys I loved, too.

"I think he's probably one of the creators of what we call swag these days, with the Rolexes and the stretch limos, and all the girls and all that stuff. He's like the creator of swag, Ric Flair definitely kept me watching TV."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...kgDqHJM7x4s.99

Latest Names Being Considered For The WWE HOF, Reaction To Benoit's WWE Encyclopedia Entry
    By Daniel Pena
    Dec 27, 2012 - 10:33:25 PM

- With next year's WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony taking place at Madison Square Garden in New York City, the company plans to pay homage to the famous area.

Besides Mick Foley likely being enshrined, there is discussion of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, the Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags) and Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray) being inducted, according to F4WOnline.com. Johnson made his debut at the famous arena in 1996, while Harlem Heat was a New York-based gimmick. In the case of The Nasty Boys, who hail from Allentown, Pennsylvania, the two were billed from "The Streets of New York City" during their time in World Championship Wrestling.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...DRkmyv376C2.99
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-28-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Reaction To Benoit's WWE Encyclopedia Entry
    It's been over five years since the Benoit incident. I think all of the smoke & fire that rose up around then has died out by now, WWE needs to stop dancing around history.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Have they put Randy Savage into the HOF yet (they really should make it a physical place btw)?

A bunch of things need to be done to make the Hall of Fame more legit.

--Clean house, start over.
    --Construct an actual building
    --Designate a specific amount of time a wrestler needs to be retired before induction
    --Remove "WWE" from the name of the Hall of Fame
    --Have a better selection process.

The current HoF lost its legitimacy to me when Koko B Ware got inducted before Macho Man Randy Savage. The HoF as it is right now is more or less just a celebration of people who were on Vince's good side for a year.
    Last edited by SephirothDZX; 12-28-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...