Page 308 of 334 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5002
  1. #4606
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    One poster on a wrestling board made a comment that while the Cena/Ziggler match was good it didn't help Ziggler when it came to building him as a credible main eventer. Considering the fact that A: It wasn't him that took Cena out but AJ and B: He still needed Vickie to get him out of a jam. Eventhough AJ did most of the saving.

    My response to this is if they want to build Ziggler as a credible contender then have him be seperated from Vickie and give him a actual clean win over Cena. Although I disagree on Ziggler not being main event material. The guy has been wrestling main event caliber matches and his match against Cena was pretty good. Probably 4 stars
    Person is incorrect.
    Ziggler went toe to toe with john cena in a ppv main event and the crowd was hot the entire time.
    Doesn't matter how he won, that crowd thought he was a star, therefor, everyone else who saw it thought he was a star.

  2. #4607
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You clearly don't have classics on demand, where they show hacksaw house show matches, which are generaly 20+ minutes and made up almost entirely of headlocks.
    But when i was a kid i liked Warrior, so it wasn't that hacksaw wasn't an exciting wrestler, i just didn't care for the act.
    Which was carrying a piece of wood and screaming hooooooo!
    I liked Warrior also. Although I didn't appreciate his promos till I was older as his entrance was what won me over
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  3. #4608
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,032

    Default

    Anyways, you know who should challenge big show next,


    A returning ( as a face) mark henry!
    Last edited by Gryphon; 12-17-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  4. #4609
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Anyways, you know who should challenge big show next,


    A returning ( as na face) mark henry!
    Either him or a face Del Rio
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  5. #4610
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,032

    Default

    Im really curious to see how face del rio will turn out.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  6. #4611
    The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    WEST COAST, USA
    Posts
    6,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd prefer a one hour Ultimate Warrior promo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    who wouldn't?
    ^THIS^

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    One poster on a wrestling board made a comment that while the Cena/Ziggler match was good it didn't help Ziggler when it came to building him as a credible main eventer. Considering the fact that A: It wasn't him that took Cena out but AJ and B: He still needed Vickie to get him out of a jam. Eventhough AJ did most of the saving.

    My response to this is if they want to build Ziggler as a credible contender then have him be seperated from Vickie and give him a actual clean win over Cena. Although I disagree on Ziggler not being main event material. The guy has been wrestling main event caliber matches and his match against Cena was pretty good. Probably 4 stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Person is incorrect.
    Ziggler went toe to toe with john cena in a ppv main event and the crowd was hot the entire time.
    Doesn't matter how he won, that crowd thought he was a star, therefor, everyone else who saw it thought he was a star.
    I'd have to say last night was the first time Ziggler looked like a Main Eventer. Give him one more match with Cena, have them both drop the women, ending with a handshake after Ziggler wins, and you have a Main Event face to take out the Big Show at WrestleMania. Super Cena and the unstoppable Big Show as tick marks ... you have a strong face in Ziggler.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

  7. #4612
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,630

    Default

    BTW you want to talk about "Go Away Heat" Matt Hardy at a ROH show recieved just that
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  8. #4613
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,386

    Default

    have to say last night was the first time Ziggler looked like a Main Eventer. Give him one more match with Cena, have them both drop the women, ending with a handshake after Ziggler wins, and you have a Main Event face to take out the Big Show at WrestleMania. Super Cena and the unstoppable Big Show as tick marks ... you have a strong face in Ziggler.
    minus that cornball shit, I agree with you
    Support your local roller derby league

  9. #4614
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    minus that cornball shit, I agree with you
    I'd agree, It takes away the intensity of the feud if the two should handshake
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  10. #4615
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    BTW you want to talk about "Go Away Heat" Matt Hardy at a ROH show recieved just that
    Cena got role reversed heat, but still healthy heat. People were still cheering him, especially after hus busted out more moves.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  11. #4616
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Cena got role reversed heat, but still healthy heat. People were still cheering him, especially after hus busted out more moves.
    At the start it was borderlined go away heat with the "Lets go Ziggler" "Cena Sucks" chants but as the match went on Cena managed to win the crowd over.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  12. #4617
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You clearly don't have classics on demand, where they show hacksaw house show matches, which are generaly 20+ minutes and made up almost entirely of headlocks.
    But when i was a kid i liked Warrior, so it wasn't that hacksaw wasn't an exciting wrestler, i just didn't care for the act.
    Which was carrying a piece of wood and screaming hooooooo!
    I used to have Classics - but I'd still prefer that to Hacksaw. I hate hate hate the dimwitted pro-USA act in all of it's forms. It's just cheap, and has led to things like crowds chanting "USA" with two non-American wrestlers in the ring. It makes my head hurt.

  13. #4618
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    One poster on a wrestling board made a comment that while the Cena/Ziggler match was good it didn't help Ziggler when it came to building him as a credible main eventer. Considering the fact that A: It wasn't him that took Cena out but AJ and B: He still needed Vickie to get him out of a jam. Eventhough AJ did most of the saving.

    My response to this is if they want to build Ziggler as a credible contender then have him be seperated from Vickie and give him a actual clean win over Cena. Although I disagree on Ziggler not being main event material. The guy has been wrestling main event caliber matches and his match against Cena was pretty good. Probably 4 stars
    Person is incorrect.
    Ziggler went toe to toe with john cena in a ppv main event and the crowd was hot the entire time.
    Doesn't matter how he won, that crowd thought he was a star, therefor, everyone else who saw it thought he was a star.

  14. #4619
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    At the start it was borderlined go away heat with the "Lets go Ziggler" "Cena Sucks" chants but as the match went on Cena managed to win the crowd over.
    Cena even did that in chicago in the match against punk at mitb in 2011.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  15. #4620
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    At the start it was borderlined go away heat with the "Lets go Ziggler" "Cena Sucks" chants but as the match went on Cena managed to win the crowd over.
    They stopped chanting you can't wrestle, though they did laugh at his....poor headscisscors (which ziggler still sold very well because he fucking rules), but you never got the sense that crowd wanted anyone other than Ziggler to end.
    Him grabbing the briefcase got the biggest pop of the night.
    He was actually the most over face next to Bryan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •