Page 287 of 334 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The problem with changing the character is his character is what got him over to begin with. If they make him all serious he'd just come off as your usual generic WWE wrestler.
    He in theory can still be a heel and essentially be the same character. I think his character started off as a heel if I recall correctly.

But honestly, I don't think everyone was meant to be a main eventer and I think he just falls in that category. He think he's got a niche, and that niche is allowing him to keep his job at least for now. Maybe I'm selling him short... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    i want percy watson back on my tv too
    didnt he use to team with riley?

Posted in: WWE
    JR Blog: Big E Langston's Big Night at the NXT Tapings, The Shield's Future
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 8, 2012 - 6:30:22 AM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com with thoughts from this week's NXT TV tapings. Here are a few highlights:

- @TheDeanAmbrose, @WWERollins and @RomanReigns are hungry and motivated. They all fully realize that they are at the right place at the right time and opportunities such as they have been facilitated don't come along often. I still believe that if they continue to up their aggression and deliver at 'game time' that these three will make a huge impact in WWE as time goes on.

- Big E Langston had a huge night as the powerhouse has something, likely 'it,' that connects with the audience at least the audience @FullSail. E has a legit 575 pound bench press and was a former Florida high school amateur wrestling champion while going to Iowa to play defensive tackle for the Hawkeyes before an injury derailed his gridiron career. I've been a supporter of Big E's for quite some time and feel that if he keeps evolving, working tirelessly to improve all phases of his game and avoids self destructive incidents that he's another NXT talent who is main roster bound. When? That's anyone's guess. Look in the mirror, Big E because there's the answer.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...jrChU83pcMZ.99

Heath Slater Talks About Who's Helped Him In WWE, Bret Hart Talks About Owen's Death
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 8, 2012 - 6:20:31 AM

- Bret Hart recently spoke with The Altoona Mirror to promote an independent wrestling appearance and talked about Owen Hart's death:

"After dealing with what happened with my brother Owen over the years, I've come to see it was a horrible accident, and I don't think Vince McMahon would want something like that to happen. It wouldn't be advantageous to anyone. We were hurt by that, though. I don't think my dad ever got over what happened with Owen. It had a rebound effect with my dad and Davey. I think my dad and Davey would have lived a lot longer if not for Owen dying."

- Heath Slater recently spoke with LocalBozo.com to promote WWE TLC and talked about who has helped him backstage:

"Honestly, there's been numerous people. Big Show's helped me out a lot- showing me the ins and outs. [John] Cena's been- every time you messed up a little bit, he would always correct you and help you out. Chris Jericho would always help me out a lot. He was a very good influence on me and everything. Christian, Edge- both of them would always see something- 'try it this way, try it that way.' They would always lead me in the right direction. The agents- Double A Arn Arnderson, he's one of the best guys for information for helping you put together matches and everything, he's awesome. Dean Malenko, Fit Finlay- they're great. Road Dogg with the entertainment side- it's like they got a good crew up there. They got guys up there with older guys helping the younger guys out and they got agents basically telling you 'what's right, what's wrong, try this, try that, this is what they like, don't do that.' It's like there's a good group of guys up there and all it is is that they're trying to help everyone."

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...IZdzw9jtglb.99

John Cena Talks About Almost Joining The Marines Before Becoming A Wrestler
    By Michael Bluth
    Dec 7, 2012 - 1:53:51 PM

WWE Superstar John Cena spoke to Virginia's HamptonRoads.com this week to promote WWE's upcoming Tribute to the Troops special. Here are some highlights of what John Cena said:

Pro Wrestling & Patriotism Going Together:

"You know what, I don't know. At the root of the good-vs.-evil story is what America is all about."

Meeting Members of the Military:

"It's kind of backwards. Every one of them wants to thank us, but we're there to thank them. It's a mutual respect."

What It's Like Performing for the Troops

"The energy is crazy. They like to get excited. We encourage them to take a night off and come to the event and be exactly the fans that they want to be."

Almost Joining The Marines Before Getting Into Wrestling:

"I was literally about to join the Marine Corps (Officer Candidate School) when a buddy asked me if I wanted to be a wrestler. I thought I would literally last two weeks in there and the Marines would always be there."
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...u8HmEt1TrBu.99

http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/11/...-amazing-kong/
    somebody please post in the women wrestling thread

New Promo from The Shield, WWE Holds Focus Group on Their Divas Division - Major Changes Coming?
    By Marc Middleton
    Dec 8, 2012 - 7:56:49 AM

- Below is the promo from Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns that aired on last night's WWE SmackDown:

- WWE officials recently began conducting focus groups on how fans see the Divas division. The focus group asked fans what they think of the Divas division now, what they thought of it back in the day, which Divas they liked then and more.

They also asked fans what kind of roles they want to see the Divas in - as wrestlers, love interests to the Superstars, dancers, managers and roles similar to that. Fans were asked what roles outside of WWE they would like to see the Divas in - hosts for other TV shows, guest stars on comedy shows and things like that.

Officials realize that the Divas division of old is gone and there is definitely a lot of talk about revamping the division in 2013.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...AiJ4dDDs1fM.99
    no damn love interests
    yes to more pajamas matches
    Howabout actual womens wrestlers. I know thats what I want. Use the ones who cant wrestle as managers
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

For those wondering what happened to Scorpio Sky after the anger management skits, WWE cut ties after Sky's homophobic slurs on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Howabout actual womens wrestlers. I know thats what I want. Use the ones who cant wrestle as managers
    agreed...I think you either keep them as eye candy or build it up with actual wrestlers as its own standalone thing
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    agreed...I think you either keep them as eye candy or build it up with actual wrestlers as its own standalone thing
    Best of both worlds really. The fans who just want wrestling gets it but the fans who are in it for the eye candy are free to watch their divas prance around outside the ring.

My whole thing is, have a plan in place , before you employ someone. If you pick up a woman just for her looks, then dont bother putting her as anything but eye candy. If you want to devote 10 minutes per show on women's wrestling , then hire women who can put on these matches. But most important of all, dont bring someone into the company, who cant "talk". You dont learn charisma. You are not going to have women refs wearing booty shorts in your pg company.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    On a modern note, if anyone is a fan of the shield of Ambrose from fcw, i recomend smackdown simply because the shield does a pretape where ambrose acts in his wacky way.

Reminds me of the old nwo vignettes (spelling?)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

For any not in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    My whole thing is, have a plan in place , before you employ someone. If you pick up a woman just for her looks, then dont bother putting her as anything but eye candy. If you want to devote 10 minutes per show on women's wrestling , then hire women who can put on these matches. But most important of all, dont bring someone into the company, who cant "talk". You dont learn charisma. You are not going to have women refs wearing booty shorts in your pg company.
    AJ did wear booty shorts when she was a guest ref. I think someone here had a GIF of it

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    If you ask me though Burke, Benjamin, and Cryme Tyme weren't exactly going to go far regardless if there was any glass ceiling or not. MVP was only with WWE for four years before he left for New Japan and I don't think his WWE run was really bad at all. Kofi is the only guy who I think should be higher up on the card than he currently is.
    Highly arguable. Personally I don't think Kofi's that good, in the ring he's a striker whose strikes don't look like they hurt (but he does jump really nicely) and his mic skills aren't really there. There does seem to be something about him that fans gravitate to, but as of right now I don't think he's equipped to move up the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Charisma can be taught/unleashed to a degree, certainly I don't think anyone saw Christian as a future main-eventer when he was buddying up with Edge or being part of the UnAmericans. And I haven't seen much of Austin Aries, but he seemed rather dull to me before Kevin Nash worked with him and turned him into Austin Starr.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Highly arguable. Personally I don't think Kofi's that good, in the ring he's a striker whose strikes don't look like they hurt (but he does jump really nicely) and his mic skills aren't really there. There does seem to be something about him that fans gravitate to, but as of right now I don't think he's equipped to move up the card.
    In the little time he's talked, he's better than Orton.
    Edit: And Ryback.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    For those wondering what happened to Scorpio Sky after the anger management skits, WWE cut ties after Sky's homophobic slurs on twitter.
    damn it scorpio. this is why wrestlers should just stay off twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    IDK

Charisma can be taught/unleashed to a degree, certainly I don't think anyone saw Christian as a future main-eventer when he was buddying up with Edge or being part of the UnAmericans. And I haven't seen much of Austin Aries, but he seemed rather dull to me before Kevin Nash worked with him and turned him into Austin Starr.
    he was dull before but nash did not turn him into austin starr, not even in kayfabe.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 12-09-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

While my mind is blanking on the level of kofis striking, i don't think it's quite fair to use an example of the time he legit kicked a guy in the head lbo.
    Also, i still hate Miz and can't accept him as a good guy.