Page 281 of 334 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5002
  1. #4201
    Senior Member SephirothDZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Exactly why one should take what Wikipedia says with a grain of salt
    Pretty much. I only go there when I'm bored or just need some quick basic information.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

  2. #4202
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Pretty much. I only go there when I'm bored or just need some quick basic information.
    Same here. I go to TV Tropes when I'm bored and need something to kill the time.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  3. #4203
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default

    Former X division champion Alex Shelley is backstage at tonight's nxt tapings and may have had a tryout. Other names backstage include Jimmy Jacobs and Mike Sydal.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  4. #4204
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Same here. I go to TV Tropes when I'm bored and need something to kill the time.
    TVTropes is such a good time killer
    Support your local roller derby league

  5. #4205
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    TVTropes is such a good time killer
    Im on it now.


    I dont like thta some people use it to further personal attacks and grudges though.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  6. #4206
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Im on it now.


    I dont like thta some people use it to further personal attacks and grudges though.
    in general, it can be rather snarky...even though they say they aren't there to be snarky

    it's like saying "im not racist but....."

    no you're being racist
    Support your local roller derby league

  7. #4207
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,965

    Default

    When the last smash brothers game got delayed, they went to the directors wikipedia page and covered it with "FALCON PAUNChhhhhhhhhhhhhh~"
    It was awesome.

  8. #4208
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    in general, it can be rather snarky...even though they say they aren't there to be snarky

    it's like saying "im not racist but....."

    no you're being racist
    I mean some people dont like the irate gamer but some people really had it out and made his page say the worst possible things about him.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  9. #4209
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I mean some people dont like the irate gamer but some people really had it out and made his page say the worst possible things about him.
    The guy who blatantly ripped off the angry videogame nerd while having no personality and comedic timing?
    I probably called him a child molestor.

    Btw, Japanese mania commercial is awesome!!!

    Since i don't have a job again i will be watching live.

  10. #4210
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The guy who blatantly ripped off the angry videogame nerd while having no personality and comedic timing?
    I probably called him a child molestor.
    classy

    speaking of the AVGN, met James Rolfe at a convention...nice dude, we talked about that shitty NES Muppet game
    Support your local roller derby league

  11. #4211
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    classy

    speaking of the AVGN, met James Rolfe at a convention...nice dude, we talked about that shitty NES Muppet game
    That game sucked, and i think i was 6 when i played it.

  12. #4212
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That game sucked, and i think i was 6 when i played it.
    you know a game sucks when even 6 yr olds...who are amused by dirtballs, think its crap
    Support your local roller derby league

  13. #4213
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The guy who blatantly ripped off the angry videogame nerd while having no personality and comedic timing?
    I probably called him a child molestor.

    Btw, Japanese mania commercial is awesome!!!

    Since i don't have a job again i will be watching live.
    He has said he took inspiration from several different reviewes and listed names. A couple of them were around before AVGN. AVGN wasnt the first, he's most popular but that doesnt mean he was the first, and not everyone who does it ripps him off. They claimed IG stole a joke in his robocop review that swagshow did in his review of the robocop game. What they didnt mention was that swag's review was a collab.....with the irate gamer.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  14. #4214
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default

    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2649...arett-bischoff

    Source: The Wrestling Observer

    Top WWE Diva Likely To Take Time Off

    According to reports, WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres is said to be banged up right now, and will likely be taking some time off in the coming weeks. Eve's house show matches recently have been changed to Triple Threat bouts so that she can be protected and not bump as much.

    Resentment in TNA Towards Brooke Hogan & Garett Bischoff

    There is said to be quite a bit of resentment backstage towards Brooke Hogan and Garett Bischoff for the respective pushes both are receiving in the company. While Garett is generally well liked backstage, many talents still feel he is only getting the push he's getting because of his last name.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  15. #4215
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    He has said he took inspiration from several different reviewes and listed names. A couple of them were around before AVGN. AVGN wasnt the first, he's most popular but that doesnt mean he was the first, and not everyone who does it ripps him off. They claimed IG stole a joke in his robocop review that swagshow did in his review of the robocop game. What they didnt mention was that swag's review was a collab.....with the irate gamer.
    Except when he put his dvd out he edited out the comments he took directly from avgn.
    There were numerous videos on youtube of the two playing one after the other with dates. Also, when doign a review, you shouldn't need "inspiration" from others.
    Also, he showed a complete lack of knowledge of any game he played, like he didn't actually like games, he just said "This is popular on youtube."
    And, it isn't popular anymore and all the "successful" youtube reviewers moved to their own sites, so this entire discussion is ages old and im a little shocked it came up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •