Page 264 of 334 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Promoting his appearance this Friday for WOH Wrestling at Whitehall Athletic Club in Whitehall, New York, this Friday, Matt Hardy appeared on Passing The Torch Radio. During the interview, Hardy was asked about the possibility of a Hardy Boys reunion in WWE next year, with him being a free agent and Jeff's contract with TNA Wrestling expiring in February.

He responded, "Very likely!"
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...RiFjgmUqxP4.99
    I'm cool with more Jeff Hardy, Matt always bored me to tears though honestly. Though bringing back the Hardys would be another good shot in the arm for WWE's tag division.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I'm cool with more Jeff Hardy, Matt always bored me to tears though honestly. Though bringing back the Hardys would be another good shot in the arm for WWE's tag division.
    disagree, both are past their prime and Jeff is a mess personally (as evidenced), hell at this point just bring them in to put over PTP or a team that could use a solid win
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    disagree, both are past their prime and Jeff is a mess personally (as evidenced), hell at this point just bring them in to put over PTP or a team that could use a solid win
    I agree they're both past their prime and Jeff is a walking liability. I still think together they could put on a decent enough show though.

I didn't mind the biker gimmick but I'm glad it didn't stick around for too long. Right around the time they reverted him back to Deadman Undertaker I thought the biker gimmick was over staying its welcome a bit.

I prefer supernatural Undertaker more or less just because he's the last holdover from the late 80's/early 90's comic book era of characters.
    Interesting thing about Taker is that if it's any wrestler with that kind of gimmick it would fail. Taker somehow managed to make it work and still remain over when he changes gimmicks from Cult Leader Taker to Biker Taker and back to Deadman Taker. So the guy is definitly one of a kind
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    let go of the past...those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

time for wrestling to move in a new direction, I think....no more goofy gimmicks, no more face paint
    I think thats the direction WWE's going. They've been making wrestling gimmicks more down to earth and less cartoony as of late, with the small exception of Brodus and Hornswaggle.

I don't recall them kicking back up the production of cartonish gimmicks in the last 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think thats the direction WWE's going. They've been making wrestling gimmicks more down to earth and less cartoony as of late, with the small exception of Brodus and Hornswaggle.
    Personally I think its a detriment to the product. The reason I liked the 80s/90s cartoon era and the Attitude Era was because both of those eras were fairly over the top and while they were entertaining you could laugh at them and have plenty of fun watching them, which is how pro-wrestling should be in my opinion.

Modern "down to earth" wrestling only furthers stereotype of wrestling being a male soap opera. Back in the day I could at least say it was a comic book where Batman hits Superman with a chair.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

When I started watching wrestling again, it was in the middle of Matt's V1 gimmick, which I totally loved. Jeff had just been fired, so I didn't get to see him wrestle for quite a while.

I find it hard to believe that both guys will end up back in WWE. WWE doesn't really do short-term deals with anyone, and that's about as useful as the Hardys (as a unit) could be. WWE has been doing a good job of focusing on the tags teams lately, but I couldn't help but notice there weren't any tag matches at all on this week's Raw. Titus got to get got by Ryback while DYoung watched, Team Hell No was in singles matches, so was Rey (and I don't remember seeing Sin Cara), Sandow's back to singles while Cody recovers, Zack Ryder wrestled but Santino didn't, no Kidd/Gabriel or Usos or Colons, either. If the Hardys come back as a team, this is who they'd be working with. There's some good match-ups in there, and they could reasonably be used to replace Kane/Bryan when they go their separate ways, but right now Jeff's a star and Matt isn't. I just don't think WWE would prefer to use Jeff in the tag division, if they'd even sign him.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

that's something i've never heard about him.
    I've met him in person three times; he was very nice. But I also wasn't a gushing douche.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

I agree they're both past their prime and Jeff is a walking liability. I still think together they could put on a decent enough show though.
    I think if WWE brings them both back the fans would recognize Jeff more than Matt. But if WWE's going to bring them back both of them would have to agree on attending rehab to deal with whatever personal demons they have

I think if WWE brings them both back the fans would recognize Jeff more than Matt. But if WWE's going to bring them back both of them would have to agree on attending rehab to deal with whatever personal demons they have
    Well Jeff's a former WWE Champ (or was it WHC?) if I'm not mistaken, and he always struck me as the HBK of the duo while Matt was the Jannetty.

Well Jeff's a former WWE Champ (or was it WHC?) if I'm not mistaken, and he always struck me as the HBK of the duo while Matt was the Jannetty.
    WWE Champ I believe.

Jeff would have issues in todays WWE.
    His promo work is still weak, he's getting older, and if say...Morrison and Bourne come back, they got Rollins on the roster now, you have multiple guys who are better high flyers, multiple guys who are better pure wrestlers.
    Older Jeff and Matt Hardy in todays WWE don't have the spark they did when they were the guys on the big stage doing crazy shit on ladders. Now, Jeff would still be over, i think, he would be a star again the second he steps into a WWE ring, and i think he seems to have cleared his personal issues up.
    But he isn't very special anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Jeff would have issues in todays WWE.
    His promo work is still weak, he's getting older, and if say...Morrison and Bourne come back, they got Rollins on the roster now, you have multiple guys who are better high flyers, multiple guys who are better pure wrestlers.
    Older Jeff and Matt Hardy in todays WWE don't have the spark they did when they were the guys on the big stage doing crazy shit on ladders. Now, Jeff would still be over, i think, he would be a star again the second he steps into a WWE ring, and i think he seems to have cleared his personal issues up.
    But he isn't very special anymore.
    If WWE's that serious about the tag division Matt and Jeff could be used to put the other tag teams over. And perhaps have one more TLC match for the nostalgia

If WWE's that serious about the tag division Matt and Jeff could be used to put the other tag teams over. And perhaps have one more TLC match for the nostalgia
    I'm kind of in this boat. If the Hardys come back I have a feeling their primary job will be to put over a couple of other tag teams and basically pass the torch onto the next era of tag team stars.

Also, to Alex. Is having too many high flyers a bad thing? Plus Bourne, Jeff, and Matt are all liabilities to get themselves future endevoured because of drugs, might as well overstock on high flyers in the event that you lose one or more of those guys.