Page 230 of 334 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5002
  1. #3436
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,014

    Default

    Funny story


    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...x-tape-lawsuit

    Hulk Hogan filed a request for a jury trial and updated a complaint against Gawker Media and other defendants at an 11/8 court hearing over his leaked sex tape with Heather Clem.

    In another twist to the case, someone claiming to be Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman filed a motion to intervene in the case. What he was attempting to intervene for is unknown because the court sealed the motion and noted it was unlikely it was the real Chapman. So then the question is who filed the jury motion and why?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  2. #3437
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,014

    Default

    https://twitter.com/SylvesterWWE

    The former Tom La Ruffa!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  3. #3438
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    And they aren't doing the house show merge because it means guys have to work an extra few days. Or they cut shows which is less money.
    Neither of those options make any sense - businesses like to make money, and it's always nice to not kill your talent while doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of interesting how the Smackdown guys tend to do double duty on RAW, but the top RAW guys rarely show up on Smackdown. Though I assume guys like Cena and Punk are so busy, they more than make up for it. I recall seeing how busy a week in John Cena's life is in that John Cena Experience DVD (though I'm sure they chose a particularly interesting week to document) and thinking there's no way a guy like him can have any sort of home life.
    I bet you're right - all I know is that if I had to work a schedule like that, I bet hitting the gym would be the first thing that went. I'm amazed that any of them are able to maintain any kind of routine, with or without assistance.

  4. #3439
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,014

    Default

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  5. #3440
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,014

    Default

    Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.
    According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

    Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.


    Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2ByuAu2ad
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  6. #3441
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.
    According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE
    Hall of Fame.

    Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.


    Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2ByuAu2ad
    I don't even care about seeing Sting in the ring at this point, but I hope he signs with the WWE just so we can get a nice DVD set out of it.

    Though having Sting show up in a WWE video game would be pretty cool too.

  7. #3442
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.
    According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

    Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.


    Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2ByuAu2ad
    The amount of money they offered Sting to come in for that Take rmatch isn't known, but it's always been refered to as "really really low."
    Sting, for all his time on top, is a guy kinda like Luger, he was never really that big of a deal. He wasn't a hogan obviously, and he never had a super rise like goldberg. And unlike most guys who stick around forever but aren't a super duper star, he wasn't a great worker either.
    They should do something with Sting because he's a known name that they have never had, but it's not like they are missing anything by not having him. And honestly, i've seen the guys HHH likes, the only reason HHH likes Sting is because Flair told him to like sting.

  8. #3443
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The amount of money they offered Sting to come in for that Take rmatch isn't known, but it's always been refered to as "really really low."
    Sting, for all his time on top, is a guy kinda like Luger, he was never really that big of a deal. He wasn't a hogan obviously, and he never had a super rise like goldberg. And unlike most guys who stick around forever but aren't a super duper star, he wasn't a great worker either.
    They should do something with Sting because he's a known name that they have never had, but it's not like they are missing anything by not having him. And honestly, i've seen the guys HHH likes, the only reason HHH likes Sting is because Flair told him to like sting.
    Though I do think at times Sting is a BIT overrated, I think you can genuinely argue that getting Sting to do something with the WWE is still a pretty big deal.

    I don't think it's a huge loss for the WWE or for Sting if nothing ever happens.... but I do think there's at least short term money to be made there, and some genuine fan interest.

  9. #3444
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.
    According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

    Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.


    Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2ByuAu2ad
    I'd say the key reason HHH wants Sting to sign is because he hopes to get a match with him down the road. Regardless of what some would say I consider Sting among my favorite WCW Superstars, mainly due to how he carries himself. You rarely, if ever, hear about Sting acting like an asshole to someone who dont deserve it. So he's among the few wrestlers I genuinly respect. I don't see a need for him to go to WWE outside of a DVD, which I'll definitly buy, and personally I wouldn't want him in the WWE due to that he's the only WCW guy that Vince didn't try to bury
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  10. #3445
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd say the key reason HHH wants Sting to sign is because he hopes to get a match with him down the road. Regardless of what some would say I consider Sting among my favorite WCW Superstars, mainly due to how he carries himself. You rarely, if ever, hear about Sting acting like an asshole to someone who dont deserve it. So he's among the few wrestlers I genuinly respect. I don't see a need for him to go to WWE outside of a DVD, which I'll definitly buy, and personally I wouldn't want him in the WWE due to that he's the only WCW guy that Vince didn't try to bury
    I think more than wanting to wrestle Sting himself (though I wouldn't be shocked if it were on his "things to do list... Sting is probably on every wrestlers list), I imagine as a business man and booker the thing Triple H and everyone else for that matter really wants to see is Taker vs Sting at Wrestlemania. IF Taker can still go, and if Sting can still go, then it's really the last true dream match left.

  11. #3446
    Senior Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Just out of curiosity? anyone here still watches Santino's Foreign Eschange? and if yes, you still find it funny?
    I do but I am not enjoying it anymore. It only makes me feel bad about Yoshi Tatsu. He is santino's bad treated sidekick. They guy deserves better,Yoshi I mean.

  12. #3447
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do think at times Sting is a BIT overrated, I think you can genuinely argue that getting Sting to do something with the WWE is still a pretty big deal.

    I don't think it's a huge loss for the WWE or for Sting if nothing ever happens.... but I do think there's at least short term money to be made there, and some genuine fan interest.
    It's big in that he is the only name left they have never had working for them.
    I think there is a very real chance they bring Sting out on a Raw and he doesn't get a huge reaction though, if it's a kid heavy audience? They don't know who Sting is.
    And he ment nothing for TNA.
    And he won't have a good match, so...

  13. #3448
    socksaholic steve2275's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Just out of curiosity? anyone here still watches Santino's Foreign Eschange? and if yes, you still find it funny?
    I do but I am not enjoying it anymore. It only makes me feel bad about Yoshi Tatsu. He is santino's bad treated sidekick. They guy deserves better,Yoshi I mean.
    i havent only because i havent taken the time to do so..same with z true island
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

  14. #3449
    Senior Member SephirothDZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think more than wanting to wrestle Sting himself (though I wouldn't be shocked if it were on his "things to do list... Sting is probably on every wrestlers list), I imagine as a business man and booker the thing Triple H and everyone else for that matter really wants to see is Taker vs Sting at Wrestlemania. IF Taker can still go, and if Sting can still go, then it's really the last true dream match left.
    Honestly I think they blew their chance for Taker/Sting to be a "big thing" back when Wrestlemania was in the Georgia Dome for WM27. The only way Sting is going to get a huge pop is if he debuts in the heart of old WCW country, or if by some miracle they get an older audience for a RAW. Even then, they'll probably have to do alot to sell Sting to the TV audiences that aren't familiar with Sting - perhaps bring out Booker T or Nash? But yeah, Taker/Sting really does seem like the last dream match left at least for the older Attitude Era folks. Do I think either of them can still go? Well, the jury's out on that one. But hey, I didn't think Taker/HBK could put on that great of a show for WM25 and they ended up putting on one of the best matches I've ever watched.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

  15. #3450
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Honestly I think they blew their chance for Taker/Sting to be a "big thing" back when Wrestlemania was in the Georgia Dome for WM27. The only way Sting is going to get a huge pop is if he debuts in the heart of old WCW country, or if by some miracle they get an older audience for a RAW. Even then, they'll probably have to do alot to sell Sting to the TV audiences that aren't familiar with Sting - perhaps bring out Booker T or Nash? But yeah, Taker/Sting really does seem like the last dream match left at least for the older Attitude Era folks. Do I think either of them can still go? Well, the jury's out on that one. But hey, I didn't think Taker/HBK could put on that great of a show for WM25 and they ended up putting on one of the best matches I've ever watched.
    Eh...HBK at the end of his career was much better than Sting at any point of his career.
    I've never been enamored with Taker as a pro wrestler myself, i think he has a gimmick that has worked for much longer than it should, and points to him for keeping it going, but i think people tend to forget about the sheer number of bad matches he's had, like most of his mania matches minus the last 5 or so years, and even then, those matches are the WWE style of mania match, where you kick out of everything. Which always gets a crowd hot, but it isn't really needed.
    Just as a side comparision, that first new japan ippv, in the main event that everyone has gushed over (and not shitting on that, as i've said im not a japanese wrestling viewer, but thought that was one of the best pro wrestling matches i've ever seen) they didn't kick out of each others finishes, and it was still an amazing match.

    Now, being fair when comparing it to the last 2 HHH/Taker matches, both guys are old and not regularly workers, so they might have to rely on that sort of match to have a great match, but it's a still a now well established formula.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •