Page 227 of 334 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5002

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's kinda cool that Nash wants to be Zack Ryders partner.

I wonder if Nash sort of regrets leaving TNA. I assume TNA would at least use him more. I'm sort of surprised they didn't do more with Nash. Make him a GM or something.
    his best time there was when he was hanging out with Alex Shelley, doing Paparazzi Productions bits

those were hilarious
    Support your local roller derby league

Ultimately I think the problem with Booker is that I don't think at the time he was properly built up to carry the torch. I suppose whether or not he was "over" enough is somewhat subjective. WWE likely didn't think so since they didn't give him the belt at the time. I just don't happen to disagree with that Sentiment.

He eventually did get over once he had the right gimmick and story building up to it. But he wasn't there yet. It's like giving Bradshow the world title when he had the APA gimmick rather than the JBL gimmick. It would have been too soon IMO.

As far as Batista goes... I think Triple H putting him over did what it needed to do. I think he ended up establishing himself as a pretty credible main eventer and champion. Next to Cena, he was probably the biggest WWE star they produced after the Attitude Era, aside from maybe Punk.

As far as Benoit goes... yeah, him getting the world title didn't end up meaning that much. I think the right people put him over (Triple H and HBK), but ultimately Benoit lacked some of the elements necessary to really be a guy that carries the company. He was never the best mic worker or the most charismatic guy in the world. I don't think he had the right tools to really be the face of the company long term (and given how things turned out that's probably a good thing).
    Not a single one of the top Invasion guys were treated right (Goldberg, Steiner, DDP, and Booker T), Booker stuck around and got over but man did they screw up with the WCW guys. Then again I was never sold on Booker in WCW as it got to the point where he was just the last midcarder left so of-course he got elevated.

Benoit's run stunk because they didn't book the fueds that would have sold money. I'm sorry but Kane, HHH, and Randy Orton were pretty terrible choices for him to feud with. They would have been better off doing a Montreal Screw-Job redux with HBK, elevated Shelton Benjamin or given him a rivalry with Edge.

2007 Mutant League Champion

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    No one discussing the Nash tweets?
    Discussing what? His name popped up on his twitter and he responded.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Not true. Triple H got defeated, and it was up to your created wrestler to save the WWE from the evil invaders.
    I sort of miss create a wrestler storylines. I wish they'd managed to sneak that in WWE 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Not a single one of the top Invasion guys were treated right (Goldberg, Steiner, DDP, and Booker T), Booker stuck around and got over but man did they screw up with the WCW guys. Then again I was never sold on Booker in WCW as it got to the point where he was just the last midcarder left so of-course he got elevated.

Benoit's run stunk because they didn't book the fueds that would have sold money. I'm sorry but Kane, HHH, and Randy Orton were pretty terrible choices for him to feud with. They would have been better off doing a Montreal Screw-Job redux with HBK, elevated Shelton Benjamin or given him a rivalry with Edge.
    I thought Goldberg was handled just fine. He won the world title from Triple H... that's about as good as it gets I think.

Booker initially struggled a bit, but I think he ended up being used pretty well in the WWE.

Steiner and DDP weren't used great... but frankly I didn't have a huge problem with that.

I thought Goldberg was handled just fine. He won the world title from Triple H... that's about as good as it gets I think.

Booker initially struggled a bit, but I think he ended up being used pretty well in the WWE.

Steiner and DDP weren't used great... but frankly I didn't have a huge problem with that.
    Also lets be honest. While Benoit was a talented wrestler he lacked the charisma needed to be a long term main eventer. His championship run was still considered good IMO and he did have a series of matches with Kurt Angle and I thought his cage match against JBL was pretty good so his run was far from horrible. So I cant chalk it up as horrible just because he didn't face the wrestlers I wanted to face.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

You see that promo Ryback cut before they made him only speak in 3 words again?
    Oozed charisma with this gimmick, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Also lets be honest. While Benoit was a talented wrestler he lacked the charisma needed to be a long term main eventer. His championship run was still considered good IMO and he did have a series of matches with Kurt Angle and I thought his cage match against JBL was pretty good so his run was far from horrible. So I cant chalk it up as horrible just because he didn't face the wrestlers I wanted to face.
    Yeah, I think Benoit was over enough to be given the belt, but he was never really enough of a sports entertainer to become the face of the company. He probably did a bit better than I think most would have expected him to do, when you consider some of the areas where he didn't quite stand out as a sports entertainer.

Like essentially every other wrestling fan on the net, I have a short list of guys that I don't think were really given as much of a push as they deserve. But I honestly wouldn't push Benoit on that list. He's a former world champ that overall ended up with a pretty impressive career in the WWE.

Yeah, I think Benoit was over enough to be given the belt, but he was never really enough of a sports entertainer to become the face of the company. He probably did a bit better than I think most would have expected him to do, when you consider some of the areas where he didn't quite stand out as a sports entertainer.

Like essentially every other wrestling fan on the net, I have a short list of guys that I don't think were really given as much of a push as they deserve. But I honestly wouldn't push Benoit on that list. He's a former world champ that overall ended up with a pretty impressive career in the WWE.
    Also if Benoit were treated so badly then he not only wouldn't have won the Royal Rumble after taking a early drawing, which is number one I believe, nor wouldn't win the belt at WM. You also have this moment at WM

And I'm going to shut up now.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Also if Benoit were treated so badly then he not only wouldn't have won the Royal Rumble after taking a early drawing, which is number one I believe, nor wouldn't win the belt at WM. You also have this moment at WM

And I'm going to shut up now.
    That's my all time favorite Wrestlemania moment.

Pretty sad to think about it now in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You don't have CAWs in real life, that part of the story doesn't reflect something that's possible. Plus you CAN win it with HHH.
    ah. I was just talking about the game. In real life you would need to place and upcoming wrestlers (like from nxt, or something) in the spot of the CAW.

Who knew about this?:
    http://www.amazon.com/Attitude-Era-B...s=attitude+era

and seeing at the cover, did they ever tell who was behind G-TV? I always tought it was Goldust TV.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Who knew about this?:
    http://www.amazon.com/Attitude-Era-B...s=attitude+era

and seeing at the cover, did they ever tell who was behind G-TV? I always tought it was Goldust TV.
    No, they never revealed what G-TV was.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No, they never revealed what G-TV was.
    mmm..guess unfinished story have always existed.

btw, funny part on the quote of the description: "This 2-disc slobberknocker is packed with all the action that pushed censors to new limits, shattered cable TV ratings and crushed WWE's competition like a Spanish announcer's table."

LOL, I am going to guess the spanish team is proud their work and sacrifice is recognized. LOL

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    I just thought of something,

Why does WWE think Sami Callihan is too small to sign when they signed consequences creed who is even smaller?
    They've hired short-ish people before. Matt Striker isn't all that tall (although there was outside stuff going on with him that led to him getting a full-time deal).

I haven't seen Callahan wrestle, but it could be that they think he's too small to wrestle the style that he does. I often think a lot of these things that come out negatively about indy guys aren't real knocks, just stuff that gets acknowledged as something that's not ideal. You could do the same thing with everyone on the WWE roster right now, if all you wanted to focus on was the most negative thing about any given wrestler. I mean, Callahan got a try-out, something bazillions of indy wrestlers only dream of. I don't really think that all is lost because he's shorter than they'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    his best time there was when he was hanging out with Alex Shelley, doing Paparazzi Productions bits

those were hilarious
    I loved when Nash tried to give the X-Division personalities. Of course, he wasn't wrestling at that point, but still...