Page 220 of 334 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5002
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    and the only reason those people are even there is because Matt Hardy was in the WWE....the WWE just filled that arena for that promotion

they should send a nice "thank you" note
    who gives a shit why they're there?? point is that's the promotion that paid him to be there(even though they could've just had matt hardy wrestle himself and got the same crowd), so no it's not the same as begging.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    He got hurt pretty damn bad. Slammed into a propped up guardrail. It was not pretty, but I hope he didn't sustain too much (career threatening) damage.
    shit....any developments??

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I don't know where the story of morrison, who didn't leave on bad terms, who is young, who has never worked anywhere but WWE, was going to tna came from.
    he's worked plenty since he left the WWE, yeah they were the type of promotions vibe would rather do handies at target(or whatever he says) than work for, but he has worked outside the WWE

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As much as I liked Booker, at the time I'm not sure he was actually over enough to win the world title.

Honestly, I don't think Booker really established himself as a legit main eventer until he had his King Booker run. That's when I think everything came together.
    beating a hot heel in a big feud goes a long ways in getting somebody over and establishing them as a maineventer.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    On a comforting note Vince gave him hell for it
    on a not so comforting note, it sounds like he gave booker hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Fay Bucanero~!
    fay's record is impressive, but roldan jr dos equis is the future!!

He didn't fall that far, he wasn't booked as a serious champ, his run was about as impressive as miz.
    he had a clean win over orton though, that was more than what miz got.

We are talking about a guy whose one wellness away from being future endevored
    even if he got F.E'd they'd hire him back in less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Why didnt Taka michinoku ever get used well?
    he did at 1st. they tried to build the light HW division around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I think everything about ADR is half assed. You book him to lose the big matches, but make sure to always put him over the midcarders.
    4sho!! they fukt up making him job to edge in his 1st mania and just fukt up more and more after that.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Because Shelton wasn't a very good WWE wrestler. And I know I'm going to have to qualify that statement like crazy, so here goes: Shelton was good (and sometimes very good) in-ring, but the only reason anyone thought he might have any charisma is because he was standing next to Charlie Haas. If you can remember anything that Shelton ever said in his entire WWE career (other than offering to show JBL his "Carolina black snake" after JBL called him "Shaniqua" during an early APA/WGTT feud), your memory is sharper than mine.
    SMURF YOU??
    Hindsight being 20/20 and all that...a friend of mine was really raw about it, but when it happened I knew that the WWE didn't think Hardy was going to be a long term plan for them...why give him the pin over one of your longest tenured performers when he's going to be gone inside of two years anyway
    the same reason they decided to push him in the 1st place(whatever it may have been).
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 11-07-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In all fairness I think Triple H ended up putting Benoit over clean for the world title, didn't he? I think he did an alight job putting him over.
    Yup...it was a triple threat at Wrestlemania for the title and HHH took that pin clean

for all the crap HHH gets, doing that cancels a lot out IMO

I remember when people threw a crapfit because he didn't take the pin when Jeff Hardy won the belt at first
    Of course by 2004 under pressure from stock holders demanding to know what new stars had been created Vince had to push some new talent. In fact that year it became clear the WWE couldn't no longer claim Test and Jim Ross (the stars of 2003) was new talent so HHH knew , new blood was coming in. Also of course HHH married Stephanie in 2003. Realizing that the days of him being a master backstage politician could end now. So that next year the company pushed Chris Benoit , Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton into the Main Event scene. Because they realized they needed new blood.

Dark days loom ahead for the employed staff at Titan Towers, and the WWE Superstars
    I can sense the fear in the WWE.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

beating a hot heel in a big feud goes a long ways in getting somebody over and establishing them as a maineventer.
    Yeah, I think apart from the Goldberg model they're using with Ryback the easiest way to build a top face really is to just have a top heel pull a face turn.

It's often easier to get a heel over with the crowd anyways. Just flip a top heel, and you're ready to go.

I guess they've done that with Daniel Bryan. He's still acting like a heel, but he's feuding with heels so I suppose that makes him a face now. And Miz might be going that route too.

Yeah, I think apart from the Goldberg model they're using with Ryback the easiest way to build a top face really is to just have a top heel pull a face turn.

It's often easier to get a heel over with the crowd anyways. Just flip a top heel, and you're ready to go.

I guess they've done that with Daniel Bryan. He's still acting like a heel, but he's feuding with heels so I suppose that makes him a face now. And Miz might be going that route too.
    I don't have high hopes for Miz as a face, guy is naturally unlikeable.

I don't have high hopes for Miz as a face, guy is naturally unlikeable.
    I could see WWE trying to sort of make Miz a more modern version of The Rock, a guy who's naturally a jerk to everybody face or heel but just shifts who he's a jerk to. But I dont think Miz has the natural charisma to make that work.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I could see WWE trying to sort of make Miz a more modern version of The Rock, a guy who's naturally a jerk to everybody face or heel but just shifts who he's a jerk to. But I dont think Miz has the natural charisma to make that work.
    People thought Sheamus couldnt work as a face.

People thought Sheamus couldnt work as a face.
    And if you ask me he still doesn't.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Right when he turned he was really over. It started to go down after Mania and 18 seconds.

I just realized, there was a single Japanese wrestler WWE actually pushed. Tajiri was made out to be a total badass.

It worked when he was just this hot blooded irishman that likes to fight a worthy opponent, it went downhill when the fans turned on him at WM for obvious reasons and when WWE decided to take away what made his face run work in the beginning by turning him into an Irish Ginger Cena. They seem to be heading to the right track with his feud against Show. He's returning to what made his face run work to me
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I just realized, there was a single Japanese wrestler WWE actually pushed. Tajiri was made out to be a total badass.
    That pop he got in Japan when wrestling for the tag belts made me smile
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

It worked when he was just this hot blooded irishman that likes to fight a worthy opponent, it went downhill when the fans turned on him at WM for obvious reasons and when WWE decided to take away what made his face run work in the beginning by turning him into an Irish Ginger Cena. They seem to be heading to the right track with his feud against Show. He's returning to what made his face run work to me
    My name is Finlay er, um--Sheamus, and I love to fight!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My name is Finlay er, um--Sheamus, and I love to fight!
    Its a stereotype that works for a face.