Page 213 of 334 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 5002

Workers shouldn't be afraid because of a bad mood, they should be afraid because the post mania firings only didn't happen because of this campaign, and with it over, they are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You think HHH was afraid of Benoit ? The guy he really feared was Chris Jericho.

About 5-7 years ago it was revealed that a reason Jericho's super push in 1999 was slowed down (remember he came out that 1st night and challenged the Rock ?) and why he was put into a fued with Chyna was simple. HHH claimed that Jericho didn't know WWF style . That his work needed fixed . This resulted in Jericho hurting himself a little to learn WWF style then and his push was slowed and he got threw into a program with Chyna . Which really no one demanded and Jericho (much to HHH's anger) got more over due to his natural ability to get fucking over.

As Jericho and Benoit starting really having a great series of midcard matches in 2000 , HHH realized that Jericho was moving his way up the roster and likely was gonna get a super push. Knowing his spot in the company was in trouble because in late 2000 Steve Austin was coming back from his surgery and the company was gonna reveal who hit him. Now then when it ran the idea was at the point it would be Bad Ass Billy Gunn who did it in 1999. But once he never got over as a legit top guy after a program with the Rock , the company shifted it to Jericho. Because when he came in Jericho was injuring guys with his gimmick (he took out Road Dogg and someone else) . So taking out Austin was a natural.

HHH though knew if Jericho got the program with Austin , he would become the #1 heel in the company and his spot. So he sabotaged the company and pushed Stephanie to make it Rikishi. Its claimed HHH claimed Rikishi would be a surprise and he could be a #1 heel. Fued with the Rock and Steve Austin. But deep in his mind , The Game knew Rikishi would suck , would totally suck and to save it...he'd be asked to be the mastermind. Which happened.

In 2002 , HHH would repeat this when threatened when Rob Van Dam signed and exploded in popularity.
    Jericho himself disputed that somewhat. He said HHH was a dick to him at first but Jericho admitted he really didnt know the wwe style and had been getting heat since all he talked about was how he did things in ecw and wcw. He also noted that Xpac did help him adjust in the long run.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    God, your son is a goddamn smark.
    He's actually not. He prefers their theme music, haha. Also, I think he likes when they don't talk and just wrestle. Plus all those guys do flips and work hard in the ring. They all have/had flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    To add, Best Buy had some two-packs recently, and the Morrison DVD was in one of them. The packs were cheap, I think under $10 for two DVD sets...
    Thank guys! Christmas gifts, away!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth, Barret seems to be fairing pretty well after his initial uber push. I won't say he's quite a main event, but he still comes off as a credible player.
    JBL's been calling him a future World Heavyweight Champion and his mini feud with Orton is making him look good. I could see him in the Main Event soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Not really on topic with the current Swagger discussions... but man, WWE 13 has gone and reminded me how much I really don't like modern WWE
    Why's that? EDIT: Never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post

- WWE officials are now considering adding another traditional elimination Survivor Series match to the Survivor Series pay-per-view later this month. With Team Punk vs. Team Foley featuring top stars, the second match will likely feature midcarders.
    My guess is some combination of CoBro/Brodus/Cara/Mysterio/Gabriel/Truth/Tatsu vs. 3MB/PTP/Otunga/Christian/Tensai

Who knows? Maybe we'll get a CoBro/Khali/Brodus/Truth vs. 3MB/Otunga/Tensai dance off.

I think Cara/Mysterio vs. PTP should be their own thing. I don't think they'll use Cesaro, either, as they need another title match on the card. Barrett needs on this PPV, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Workers shouldn't be afraid because of a bad mood, they should be afraid because the post mania firings only didn't happen because of this campaign, and with it over, they are coming.
    Ryback better deliver then. I know what some are saying but considering the mood Vince would be in and considering the fact that if Ryback underperforms match wise two likely scenarios will happen to him. He'll either be future endevored or will never see the main event or WWE TV again.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Ryback better deliver then. I know what some are saying but considering the mood Vince would be in and considering the fact that if Ryback underperforms match wise two likely scenarios will happen to him. He'll either be future endevored or will never see the main event or WWE TV again.
    No way will that happen.
    He's not going to get better in the ring if he hasn't already, and he's not getting fired. Vince keeps guys like him around long after they are done being used, look at Masters or Zeke or friggen Mason Ryan for examples.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

You think HHH was afraid of Benoit ? The guy he really feared was Chris Jericho.

About 5-7 years ago it was revealed that a reason Jericho's super push in 1999 was slowed down (remember he came out that 1st night and challenged the Rock ?) and why he was put into a fued with Chyna was simple. HHH claimed that Jericho didn't know WWF style . That his work needed fixed . This resulted in Jericho hurting himself a little to learn WWF style then and his push was slowed and he got threw into a program with Chyna . Which really no one demanded and Jericho (much to HHH's anger) got more over due to his natural ability to get fucking over.
    Jericho himself disputed that somewhat. He said HHH was a dick to him at first but Jericho admitted he really didnt know the wwe style and had been getting heat since all he talked about was how he did things in ecw and wcw. He also noted that Xpac did help him adjust in the long run.
    In regards to Jericho's wrestling style upon his WWF debut, "they" also said he was too short. They slapped him into lifted boots that caused him to botch a lot of his normal moves. I remember when he finally got to drop those suckers, his ring-work crisped back up.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Meltzer was all pissy because the Cena story was attributed to the observer website on some of the copy paste sites, but he did weight in
    "Story isn't true."

No way will that happen.
    He's not going to get better in the ring if he hasn't already, and he's not getting fired. Vince keeps guys like him around long after they are done being used, look at Masters or Zeke or friggen Mason Ryan for examples.
    That is why I mentioned him not main eventing for awhile. Those other guys you've mentioned had shots at the main event but then squandered in midcard hell and soon jobbing hell. Mason just vanished from WWE TV completly. So that could be Ryback's fate

Meltzer was all pissy because the Cena story was attributed to the observer website on some of the copy paste sites, but he did weight in
    "Story isn't true."
    To Meltzer. "No Duh"

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    TBH JR gave the vibe that the Attitude Era is a little better than current WWE in terms of roster and storytelling but I was still hoping that Universe Mode would still be good. How can you go wrong with Heyman incharge of the writing?
    Honestly I haven't dipped much into Universe Mode yet, I wanted to 100% Attitude Era before moving on to Universe. Hah, and honestly the first thing I did when I got into Universe Mode was clean house roster wise and replace most of the modern roster that I didn't care for with Attitude Era guys.

(I demoted a ton of the modern roster to a Tuesday Night WCW show)
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Except Alex himself just posted ...WWF/E style was something created in HHH's own mind. And its clear he was being more of a dick to him professionally. Jericho being a pro can't come out and say completely HHH tried to hold him down there. Because he knows HHH is in a big position of power now. Because Jericho will wanna come back n work once his Fozzy tour is over again.

But its evident here.... Jericho himself just admitted what we all now know. HHH claimed Jericho didn't know WWE Style...which is again something he created to keep talent below him.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Honestly I haven't dipped much into Universe Mode yet, I wanted to 100% Attitude Era before moving on to Universe. Hah, and honestly the first thing I did when I got into Universe Mode was clean house roster wise and replace most of the modern roster that I didn't care for with Attitude Era guys.

(I demoted a ton of the modern roster to a Tuesday Night WCW show)
    Is Ryback a playable character or is he one of those DLC types?

Except Alex himself just posted ...WWF/E style was something created in HHH's own mind. And its clear he was being more of a dick to him professionally. Jericho being a pro can't come out and say completely HHH tried to hold him down there. Because he knows HHH is in a big position of power now. Because Jericho will wanna come back n work once his Fozzy tour is over again.

But its evident here.... Jericho himself just admitted what we all now know. HHH claimed Jericho didn't know WWE Style...which is again something he created to keep talent below him.
    Except he said that he and hhh developed an intense respect for each other after the match in which Jericho won the title ( only for it to be reversed) Jericho mentioned how HHH told him to take him time and look good because this was his big chance and not to rush things and mess up. He mentioned a funny story about their hell in a cell match as well in his book but thats another story.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Except he said that he and hhh developed an intense respect for each other after the match in which Jericho won the title ( only for it to be reversed) Jericho mentioned how HHH told him to take him time and look good because this was his big chance and not to rush things and mess up. He mentioned a funny story about their hell in a cell match as well in his book but thats another story.
    HHH has never lost 1 meaningful PPV match to Jericho as well. It really sums it up...Jericho isn't gonna come out and blast him. But the fact is HHH created the whole WWE style in his mind to hold guys below him. And it worked... no heel ever rose above HHH in that time. He had to be the #1 guy and it showed. His own actions then came from a guy worried someone would steal his spot so he used the system and did it well.

HHH from 1999-2001 was a great worker...but he played THE GAME as good as anyone backstage.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

HHH has never lost 1 meaningful PPV match to Jericho as well. It really sums it up...Jericho isn't gonna come out and blast him. But the fact is HHH created the whole WWE style in his mind to hold guys below him. And it worked... no heel ever rose above HHH in that time. He had to be the #1 guy and it showed. His own actions then came from a guy worried someone would steal his spot so he used the system and did it well.

HHH from 1999-2001 was a great worker...but he played THE GAME as good as anyone backstage.
    He put over shelton benjamin like crazy. Why didnt they do anything with shelton after that?