Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would you guys think of this Spider-Men/ Marvel Now idea?

I was thinking, what if at the end of Spider-Men Miles ends up in the 616 universe by some accident and ends up in the Xmen mansion? Sounds like a Bendis idea right?
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 08-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

I really hope not. I hate Mike Morales.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Mike is too busy, his comic needs him. You can't possibly change stuff in Mike's comic, specially since IDW is doing such a good work with his character in TMNT.
    Also, please call him Michelangelo. Mike is a lame way to shorten his name.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was thinking, what if at the end of Spider-Men Mike ends up in the 616 universe by some accident and ends up in the Xmen mansion? Sounds like a Bendis idea right?
    I doubt Marvel would do that just because of the company pushing that he is the new ultimate spider-man. If they did do a switch I think too many people would give up on the character and he would finally fail.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Hmm...wouldn't shock me. Peter Parker, however, is said to go through something big on #700, so I doubt anything that major would be made before that.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

You guys know his name is Miles Morales and not "Mike", right?
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Mike is too busy, his comic needs him. You can't possibly change stuff in Mike's comic, specially since IDW is doing such a good work with his character in TMNT.
    Also, please call him Michelangelo. Mike is a lame way to shorten his name.
    Who's Mike?

Ultimate Spider-Man's name is MILES MORALES.

Geez, this is as annoying as when people call Norman Osborn, OSBOURNE. Where the *bleep* do they get that name? It's OSBORN!
    Last edited by MrV; 08-06-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Miles should become Machine Man's sidekick. Aaron can send him to the store for beer.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Miles should become Machine Man's sidekick. Aaron can send him to the store for beer.
    Miles, like Peter Parker, is nobody's sidekick.

I don't think Mike is coming over on a permanent basis, but it wouldn't surprise me if he visited in a follow-up to Spider-Men.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

Definetely a big NO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Who's Mike?

Ultimate Spider-Man's name is MILES MORALES.

Geez, this is as annoying as when people call Norman Osborn, OSBOURNE. Where the *bleep* do they get that name? It's OSBORN!
    My entire post was about that ;~; I thought I made it obvious that I "thought" he meant Michelangelo from TMNT when he said Mike and didn't draw the connection to Miles.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    You guys know his name is Miles Morales and not "Mike", right?
    It's a joke, cause we don't like him.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I don't think so.

There's an interesting dynamic to Miles Morales's story in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics that's lost when he's removed from his world. He's no longer just a kid when he's a traveler from another world.

It also hurts the Ultimate brand when their most successful character of the last two years is the 616 Universe.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

No. Miles needs to stay in his own book. I'm still hoping for Ultimate Peter to come back somehow, as unlikely as that might be, and while Spider-Men is supposed to matter in the long run, Miles needs to stay as the solo hero of an Ultimate Universe book. Marvel NOW! has been built up as the next stage of the 616 Universe, and while the Ultimate Universe only has three ongoings, the fact that they haven't advertised any of them suggests that they won't have any connection to this. Admittedly, we have until November to find out otherwise, but I still think we won't find out by then.