Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Mobage Announces "Marvel: War of Heroes" Digital Battle Card Game

This fall, Mobage debuts "Marvel: War of Heroes," its latest battle card game featuring heroes and villains form the Marvel Universe featuring new art, solo and PVP campaigns and a special card for pre-registrations.

Full article here.

Doctor Strange Historian SanctumSanctorumComix's Avatar

Art for the "War of Heroes" cards is being provided by established Marvel artists, including Sana Takeda, Adi Granov and more.

"Marvel is giving us all the guidance and the art direction and the storyline," said Allen Ma, senior producer at ngmoco:). "All the artwork in the game is original for the game."
    If the art is to be original for the game then why are there at least 3 images in the article that have been comic covers (The Iron Man image on the bottom left and the Black Widow one with maybe the Iron Man in between as well... and that THOR illo sure looks familiar too).

Not interested, but I guess I'll have to wait to snag a scan of a Doctor Strange card if one is made.
    ------
    "Tamam Shud!"
    ~P~
    Sanctum Sanctorum Comix
    BLOG
    TWITTER

I will definitely be checking out the FREE version, so I hope there's tons of good artwork there.

Rage of Bahamut is a fun little time waster, but the pricing scheme is ridiculous.
    ------------------------
    Read: Savage Dragon, Invincible, X-Factor, Suicide Squad, The Massive, Scarlet Spider, Extermination, Trio, Danger Club & Atomic Robo

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SanctumSanctorumComix View Post
    If the art is to be original for the game then why are there at least 3 images in the article that have been comic covers (The Iron Man image on the bottom left and the Black Widow one with maybe the Iron Man in between as well... and that THOR illo sure looks familiar too).
    Yeah I was just thinking the same thing.

Still interested in what other cards will look like.

New art? That Thor image is four years old. I also have the poster hanging in my room.

I am so glad that Storm will be in this game! : )
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Maybe they're just showing us what the card would look like
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Sounds cool. It’s a shame the page they set up to get the wallpaper and card doesn’t work. It won't let me pick a device but it tells me i need to.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.