Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Should Green Lantern Replace WW in Trinity?
    Not after this farce of a movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Green lantern was well on his way to replace wonder woman before the movie flop kill his large momentum if GL had successful movie trilogy that would have put him over the top.If you don't want to say Green Lantern replace Wonder Woman in the imaginary trinity of characters,fine.Green Lantern has definitely replace Wonder Woman as DC third most important hero and 2 animated movies,one live action movie,one ongoing cartoon series, a top ten comic and several spin offs that doing strong and actually focal point in DC universe his events Brightest day,Blackest Night and now Third Army stuff all have a big impact on actual DC stories and proves that Green Lantern has way higher importance than Wonder Woman.
    A far as I have understood it, Third Army will only involve Lantern books and leave the rest alone.
    That said, I fully expect the GL books to collapse after John leaves, since it appears he is the glue that holds it all together...and everything he works on collapses into decay when he leaves.

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    Hey now, Batman hasn't always been Bruce Wayne.
    True, but nobody seriously thought Bruce Wayne was really dead. Everybody knew Dick was a temp. Not so with the others.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

The trinity needs two boobs Hal is only one.

What I'd like to see is for Wonder Woman to get an upgraded treatment by DC. The publisher is obviously giving GL more room than WW, and I think if she is on Superman and Batman level in terms of iconic status, then there should be a few Wonder-books to justify her importance for the publisher. Along with her eponymous title, I would add Sensational Comics (which will be to WW what Action Comics is to Superman and Detective Comics is to Batman). And then I'd add a Wonder Girl book and a Donna Troy title to round the Wonder-books to 4 (equal to Superman and GL).

She already has received upgraded treatment. Some of her fanbase will try and spin a different tale and say she's being destroyed, but that's based on a personal distaste of the direction. Fact is that overall she's more popular now than she's been in a really, really long time. Her title is a pretty significant success story in the New 52 in terms of revitalizing stagnant characters. Another title would always be nice but quality is always better than quantity, and surely they'll want to see if WW retains this newfound level of popularity before they'll consider a second title, justifiably.

Personally, if they killed off Hal (again), it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Why the hell should he replace Wonder Woman in "The Trinity", and would people really want to see Bruce and Hal squabbling even more than they do now?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    What I'd like to see is for Wonder Woman to get an upgraded treatment by DC. The publisher is obviously giving GL more room than WW, and I think if she is on Superman and Batman level in terms of iconic status, then there should be a few Wonder-books to justify her importance for the publisher. Along with her eponymous title, I would add Sensational Comics (which will be to WW what Action Comics is to Superman and Detective Comics is to Batman). And then I'd add a Wonder Girl book and a Donna Troy title to round the Wonder-books to 4 (equal to Superman and GL).
    Currently, there isn't anything for a second book to be about. Batman has a large supporting cast of related characters and is allowed to operate in multiple venues. Superman still has both Smallville and Metropolis, and a large cast of related characters to be in his several books. So does Green Lantern, for that matter. None of that works for the nu52 Wonder Woman.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    DC is giving more room to GL because people actually like him and his stories way more than WW's. This is being proven constantly since the mid 00's.
    People actually also like Flash and Aquaman more as far as sales go.

Her book currently is great (one of the top DC titles as far as quality goes and the most interesting rendition of the character possibly ever) yet she still sells significantly less than GL, Aquaman and Flash (this year's sales figures)

So (again) what makes her more worthy of being in the "Trinity" than GL (at least)?

And people still think WW can actually carry and deserve a second book more than Flash for example? Seriously?
    Last edited by comicfan11; 08-06-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Its not about worth in the sense of popularity and sales. Its a symbolic title more than anything else given due to the history and longevity of these three characters in DC lore. Its not a concept that lends to interchangeable parts.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-06-2012 at 07:42 PM.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Last edited by Wild_Child; 08-06-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: .........

Cool story.

Movies like Salt, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Resident Evil (all 4 of them), Sucker Punch, Kill Bill (both of them), Colombiana, Haywire, Hanna, Lara Croft, Charlies Angels (3 movies), GI Jane, ELEKTRA (Elektra-!!!!- got a movie before WW), Ultraviolet, Aeon Flux, Alien (4 movies), Underworld (3 movies), Planet Terror, Foxy Brown, Tomb Raider (2 movies) etc seem to prove you completely wrong.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with Green Lanter waaaaaaay outselling WW.

Jaeger secret-keeper Sandor Clegane's Avatar

First, the DCU "trinity" is a relatively recent fan-concocted notion. 2nd, DC has at its apex not a trinity, but a dyad - Batman and Superman.

Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Teen Titans are all popular characters/franchises. But they're all several rungs lower on the ladder.

At this point, given movies, animated TV shows, toys and what not, it's pretty clear Wonder Woman is # 4 or 5 after GL and TT. But that could change someday too.

Sure, let's replace the only woman in the trinity with another straight white male.

That will end well.

The idea that GL is more popular than WW is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor Clegane View Post
    First, the DCU "trinity" is a relatively recent fan-concocted notion. 2nd, DC has at its apex not a trinity, but a dyad - Batman and Superman.

Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Teen Titans are all popular characters/franchises. But they're all several rungs lower on the ladder.

At this point, given movies, animated TV shows, toys and what not, it's pretty clear Wonder Woman is # 4 or 5 after GL and TT. But that could change someday too.
    I fully agree with this.
    People always forget that the "Trinity" was just another genious idea that started in the mid 00's. MID '00s. Less than 10 years ago.

And people don't like to mention the "special" circumstances behind WW being constantly published despite the (more often than not) underachieving sales and fan response.

And WW totally never got a movie because Hollywood dislikes female action leads (LOL). It had nothing to do with fan response to the comcs and popularity.