Thread: Justice Lords

Default Justice Lords

Just finished rewatching Justice League: Crisis on 2 Earths. What happens if Luthor ends up in the Justice Lords earth instead of the Justice League earth?
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Just finished rewatching Justice League: Crisis on 2 Earths. What happens if Luthor ends up in the Justice Lords earth instead of the Justice League earth?
    Not sure. I saw a bit of the cartoon where Lex Luthor invented a gun to take away Superman's powers and instead had to use it on the Justice Lords. Amazingly, a gun designed to take away Superman's powers worked on all of the other characters including a Green Lantern power ring, a piece of vastly sophisticated technology which apparently counted as "super powers".

According to the DVD commentary on the second part of A Better World, the power scrambler Luthor used to neutralize the Justice Lords, didn't so much as cancel their powers. But instead scrambled their nervous systems so to prevent their accessing said powers. Basically, in case of Justice Lord John Stewert, the Green Lantern, he was unable to summon the concerntration, focus to use his power ring. Hope that helps.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    According to the DVD commentary on the second part of A Better World, the power scrambler Luthor used to neutralize the Justice Lords, didn't so much as cancel their powers. But instead scrambled their nervous systems so to prevent their accessing said powers. Basically, in case of Justice Lord John Stewert, the Green Lantern, he was unable to summon the concerntration, focus to use his power ring. Hope that helps.
    Thanks. It sounds like an explanation thrown in later in a commentary. But at least it shows they became aware of how foolish it seemed, probably due to my 106 emails about it [just kidding. It was only 104].

Eh, Amazo is supposed to copy super powers and it copies both hawkgirls mace and a GL ring..so it's weirdly consistent.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Not sure. I saw a bit of the cartoon where Lex Luthor invented a gun to take away Superman's powers and instead had to use it on the Justice Lords. Amazingly, a gun designed to take away Superman's powers worked on all of the other characters including a Green Lantern power ring, a piece of vastly sophisticated technology which apparently counted as "super powers".
    Even more amazingly, Luthor never ever made another one.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Eh, Amazo is supposed to copy super powers and it copies both hawkgirls mace and a GL ring..so it's weirdly consistent.
    None of that is more nonsensical than (I think it was in Earth X), Absorbing Man absorbing the properties of a city, and becoming the same size as that city. That didn't even make comic-logic sense. When he's absorbed Mjolnir in the past, he hasn't shrunk to the size of a sledgehammer.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....