View Poll Results: Neo Sapiens or Century Babies?

Voters
22. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Neo Sapiens

12 54.55%
  • Century Babies

10 45.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Neo Sapiens Or the Century Babies?

Which group of beings seems more interesting to you? Which do you want to learn more about? There are 5 Neo Sapiens and I thought Captain Comet sounded pretty cool, but WS Century Babies were pretty cool as well.

Jenny

DCnU Captain Comet

Susie, who is also a Neo Sapien.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Neo Sapiens surely.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    DCnU Captain Comet
    .... Please tell me they didn't turn Captain Comet into another Doctor Manhattan rip-off.

Edit: Just checked out the issue. Not liking this redesign whatsoever.
    Last edited by MrHashasheen; 08-05-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

So far I like the idea of Neo Sapiens but I love Century Babies and at the moment I am more interested in learning about the Century Babies. Also even though she wont be the same as before I want Flashbacks of the New 52s version of Jenny Sparks.

I like the idea of the Neo Sapiens, but I absolutely loathed the Captain Comet redesign. Hideous, uninspired, and boring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Shark View Post
    I like the idea of the Neo Sapiens, but I absolutely loathed the Captain Comet redesign. Hideous, uninspired, and boring.
    This exactly.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

For me, Neo Sapiens and I don't mind the Captain Comet design... makes him seem very... alien. Though I am starting to struggle to know what the difference is between Metahumans, Neo Sapiens and Century Babies... too many subspecies!
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

BANNED

Despite having a Century Baby as an avatar, i'm going with neo-sapien.

I like the idea of the neo-sapiens better, but that is despite the revamp of Captain Comet. I found him and his re-introduction irritating on several levels.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Wow, I've been waiting for the debut of Captain Comet in the new 52, but I don't read Action Comics. Dropped it after the alternate universe Superman story. From what I'm reading in this thread, I'm wondering if it would have been better if he didn't debut yet.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    Wow, I've been waiting for the debut of Captain Comet in the new 52, but I don't read Action Comics. Dropped it after the alternate universe Superman story. From what I'm reading in this thread, I'm wondering if it would have been better if he didn't debut yet.
    Well, the "First Superman" concept is really cool, but other than that the character is ruined, I think. He's more of a villain now, he has very little personality and his costume is bad.
    If it wasn't Morrison I don't think DC would let anyone do this. They went from a character that could possibly hold an ongoing to one that can only hope to at times fight Superman.

BANNED

He can do a lot more than fight Superman if writers want to do anything with him.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joao_miranda View Post
    Well, the "First Superman" concept is really cool, but other than that the character is ruined, I think. He's more of a villain now, he has very little personality and his costume is bad.
    If it wasn't Morrison I don't think DC would let anyone do this. They went from a character that could possibly hold an ongoing to one that can only hope to at times fight Superman.
    Well, unless things change, I guess it looks like my hopes of a REBELS book with Captain Comet are pretty much destroyed.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    He can do a lot more than fight Superman if writers want to do anything with him.
    He can turn into a frog with a tutu if the writers want him too.
    The version Morrison presented didn't seem to have any personality (not even when his mother died) and is only interested in finding the other Neo Sapiens. A lot less interesting than the previous version. I think Morrison would have done better simply creating a new character.