Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default Is Bruce Wayne still Terry McGinnis's biological father? / Damian Wayne Question

    In the Batman Beyond comic universe, is Bruce Wayne still the biological father of Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond). In the DCAU, it was revealed that Amanda Walker's Project Cadmus implanted Warren McGinnis with Bruce's DNA before he had children, making Terry and his younger brother biological sons of Wayne. If this is still true in the comics (namely Batman and Batman Beyond Unlimited) Damian would have had added incentive to train McGinnis to be Batman in the future (he and Terry would be half-brothers, both are sons of Bruce Wayne.

    Also, would anyone like to see a comic that focuses on Damian, either in the present or as an adult?

  2. #2
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Batman Beyond is still set within the animated continuity. In Morrison continuity, Terry doesn't seem to be related to Bruce. Though Damian did rescue a young Terry and later was said to have been training him like Bruce did in animated continuity.

  3. #3
    Senior Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    DCAU and the DC New 52 universe are 2 different things man.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    But I'm saying, does anyone know if the Terry that is seen in Morrison's Batman is Bruce's son? If he is, it would give Damian another reason to have rescued him. ALso, would anyone like to see a Damian Wayne comic come out?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    There are several things to consider:

    1) The POSSIBLE future world seen in Batman #666 is very different from the DCAU. They gave no indication that Terry was Bruce's son in any way.

    2) Batman Beyond Unlimited does not take place on Prime-Earth, nor does it take place in the DCAU. It uses a bit of DCAU history with a bit of Earth-0/New Earth history to create it's own universe. Before Flashpoint it was called Earth-12, but it is no longer considered to be a part of the Multiverse. FYI.

    3) Terry has not been seen in the New 52 at all as of yet, he might not even exist anymore. We do not know just how much is still canon, and we won't know until Batman Inc. #5 comes out.

  6. #6
    Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    There are several things to consider:

    1) The POSSIBLE future world seen in Batman #666 is very different from the DCAU. They gave no indication that Terry was Bruce's son in any way.
    I think it was implied in Two-Face-Two's comments in Batman #700 that baby Terry McGuinness was a "twin." If Terry is Bruce's biological son as in the DCAU, then Damian Wayne is Terry's "twin"...from a certain point of view.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Hmm, I think he probably is. Though it likely won't be mentioned. That episode is set quite a bit into Terry's career. I mean, isn't Bruce like on his last legs? It's some time off from the current point in time.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    I think it was implied in Two-Face-Two's comments in Batman #700 that baby Terry McGuinness was a "twin." If Terry is Bruce's biological son as in the DCAU, then Damian Wayne is Terry's "twin"...from a certain point of view.
    No, not really. I think you need to look up the word twin in the dictionary.

  9. #9
    Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    No, not really. I think you need to look up the word twin in the dictionary.
    And you might look up "a certain point of view."
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

  10. #10
    Senior Member Vidocq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    And you might look up "a certain point of view."
    You can't play Obi-Wan with everything. They can't be twins if one is like 20 years older. No matter what point of view you look at it from.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

    The jerk...

    -DKU's Jim Gordon.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    And you might look up "a certain point of view."
    Sure, if you want to argue semantics. From a certain point of view, the Holocaust never happened. Doesn't make either of those statements any less wrong.

  12. #12
    Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    Sure, if you want to argue semantics. From a certain point of view, the Holocaust never happened. Doesn't make either of those statements any less wrong.
    Ooooooooooooookay. And now you're arguing that making an interpretation to a comment in a Grant Morrison comic--you know, the guy who draws connections between EVERY SINGLE THING IN BATMAN HISTORY--is akin to Holocaust denial. Well, game over. You win the thread. There's no arguing with a guy who counters any discussion with a comment that his opponent is like a Holocaust denier. That's just overboard, dude. Maybe try an "I respectfully disagree" next time.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    Terry has not been seen in the New 52 at all as of yet, he might not even exist anymore. We do not know just how much is still canon, and we won't know until Batman Inc. #5 comes out.
    Hasn't Batman Inc. #5 already come out? I think it came out almost a year ago, or are you talking about volume 2 from the DCnU?

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekrosn View Post
    Hasn't Batman Inc. #5 already come out? I think it came out almost a year ago, or are you talking about volume 2 from the DCnU?
    He was pretty clear on that when he mentioned having to wait until it came out.

    That said, I doubt anything has been retconned. Grant's vision is bigger than the reboot, which has left us with a pretty shallow and empty universe lately. The best books in the reboot are those that are relying on previous history (Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Swamp Thing).

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    Ooooooooooooookay. And now you're arguing that making an interpretation to a comment in a Grant Morrison comic--you know, the guy who draws connections between EVERY SINGLE THING IN BATMAN HISTORY--is akin to Holocaust denial. Well, game over. You win the thread. There's no arguing with a guy who counters any discussion with a comment that his opponent is like a Holocaust denier. That's just overboard, dude. Maybe try an "I respectfully disagree" next time.
    This is different than "I respectfully disagree", this is me telling you are straight 100% wrong.

    Just like with the Holocaust denier, if you try to tell me that you think Terry and Damian are twins even though they were born at least 20 years apart, and from different mothers, than I have the right to tell you that you are wrong. This isn't a question of interpretation. No one in their right mind would agree with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ekrosn View Post
    Hasn't Batman Inc. #5 already come out? I think it came out almost a year ago, or are you talking about volume 2 from the DCnU?
    Yes, we are talking about the Batman Inc. (Vol. 2) #5 which comes out in November. It will return to the future world where Damian/Batman is the warden of Arkham Asylum.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •