Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Bruce Wayne still Terry McGinnis's biological father? / Damian Wayne Question

In the Batman Beyond comic universe, is Bruce Wayne still the biological father of Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond). In the DCAU, it was revealed that Amanda Walker's Project Cadmus implanted Warren McGinnis with Bruce's DNA before he had children, making Terry and his younger brother biological sons of Wayne. If this is still true in the comics (namely Batman and Batman Beyond Unlimited) Damian would have had added incentive to train McGinnis to be Batman in the future (he and Terry would be half-brothers, both are sons of Bruce Wayne.

Also, would anyone like to see a comic that focuses on Damian, either in the present or as an adult?

Batman Beyond is still set within the animated continuity. In Morrison continuity, Terry doesn't seem to be related to Bruce. Though Damian did rescue a young Terry and later was said to have been training him like Bruce did in animated continuity.

DCAU and the DC New 52 universe are 2 different things man.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

But I'm saying, does anyone know if the Terry that is seen in Morrison's Batman is Bruce's son? If he is, it would give Damian another reason to have rescued him. ALso, would anyone like to see a Damian Wayne comic come out?

There are several things to consider:

1) The POSSIBLE future world seen in Batman #666 is very different from the DCAU. They gave no indication that Terry was Bruce's son in any way.

2) Batman Beyond Unlimited does not take place on Prime-Earth, nor does it take place in the DCAU. It uses a bit of DCAU history with a bit of Earth-0/New Earth history to create it's own universe. Before Flashpoint it was called Earth-12, but it is no longer considered to be a part of the Multiverse. FYI.

3) Terry has not been seen in the New 52 at all as of yet, he might not even exist anymore. We do not know just how much is still canon, and we won't know until Batman Inc. #5 comes out.

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Kamui View Post
    There are several things to consider:

1) The POSSIBLE future world seen in Batman #666 is very different from the DCAU. They gave no indication that Terry was Bruce's son in any way.
    I think it was implied in Two-Face-Two's comments in Batman #700 that baby Terry McGuinness was a "twin." If Terry is Bruce's biological son as in the DCAU, then Damian Wayne is Terry's "twin"...from a certain point of view.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

Hmm, I think he probably is. Though it likely won't be mentioned. That episode is set quite a bit into Terry's career. I mean, isn't Bruce like on his last legs? It's some time off from the current point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    I think it was implied in Two-Face-Two's comments in Batman #700 that baby Terry McGuinness was a "twin." If Terry is Bruce's biological son as in the DCAU, then Damian Wayne is Terry's "twin"...from a certain point of view.
    No, not really. I think you need to look up the word twin in the dictionary.

No, not really. I think you need to look up the word twin in the dictionary.
    And you might look up "a certain point of view."
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

You can't play Obi-Wan with everything. They can't be twins if one is like 20 years older. No matter what point of view you look at it from.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Sure, if you want to argue semantics. From a certain point of view, the Holocaust never happened. Doesn't make either of those statements any less wrong.

Sure, if you want to argue semantics. From a certain point of view, the Holocaust never happened. Doesn't make either of those statements any less wrong.
    Ooooooooooooookay. And now you're arguing that making an interpretation to a comment in a Grant Morrison comic--you know, the guy who draws connections between EVERY SINGLE THING IN BATMAN HISTORY--is akin to Holocaust denial. Well, game over. You win the thread. There's no arguing with a guy who counters any discussion with a comment that his opponent is like a Holocaust denier. That's just overboard, dude. Maybe try an "I respectfully disagree" next time.

Terry has not been seen in the New 52 at all as of yet, he might not even exist anymore. We do not know just how much is still canon, and we won't know until Batman Inc. #5 comes out.
    Hasn't Batman Inc. #5 already come out? I think it came out almost a year ago, or are you talking about volume 2 from the DCnU?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrosn View Post
    Hasn't Batman Inc. #5 already come out? I think it came out almost a year ago, or are you talking about volume 2 from the DCnU?
    He was pretty clear on that when he mentioned having to wait until it came out.

That said, I doubt anything has been retconned. Grant's vision is bigger than the reboot, which has left us with a pretty shallow and empty universe lately. The best books in the reboot are those that are relying on previous history (Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Swamp Thing).

Ooooooooooooookay. And now you're arguing that making an interpretation to a comment in a Grant Morrison comic--you know, the guy who draws connections between EVERY SINGLE THING IN BATMAN HISTORY--is akin to Holocaust denial. Well, game over. You win the thread. There's no arguing with a guy who counters any discussion with a comment that his opponent is like a Holocaust denier. That's just overboard, dude. Maybe try an "I respectfully disagree" next time.
    This is different than "I respectfully disagree", this is me telling you are straight 100% wrong.

Just like with the Holocaust denier, if you try to tell me that you think Terry and Damian are twins even though they were born at least 20 years apart, and from different mothers, than I have the right to tell you that you are wrong. This isn't a question of interpretation. No one in their right mind would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrosn View Post
    Yes, we are talking about the Batman Inc. (Vol. 2) #5 which comes out in November. It will return to the future world where Damian/Batman is the warden of Arkham Asylum.