Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    So is anyone planning on picking this up?
    I'm going to pick up the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by OJSlaughter View Post
    I will buy it on the premise of each issue. I won't blanket buy the series.
    Aye, this. The first issue is a must buy. Cap and Cable is good reading. Anything else depends on the characters appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Cable and Cap have temed up a few times. Most notably in the "Man and Wolf" Storyline iin Cap #402-407

Attachment 98362

and in Cable/Deadpool which established that sometime in Cable's future he would carry Cap's shield into battle

Attachment 98363
    Must have been when he tried to kill him in Avengers:X-Sanction
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gforce99 View Post
    So is anyone planning on picking this up?
    Depends on the writer/characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

My guess is that Loeb and Keown are doing the Hulk + Wolverine tale
    I guess your right. Remember kids, when publishing a story with a duo that's stale, boring and overplayed, allways use a writer that can't write either character.

Cable and Cap have temed up a few times. Most notably in the "Man and Wolf" Storyline iin Cap #402-407

Attachment 98362

and in Cable/Deadpool which established that sometime in Cable's future he would carry Cap's shield into battle

Attachment 98363
    We don't talk about wolf cap....

To bad Miller totaly ignores this story and have cable Abandon Cap when Clor shows up
    Cyclops ad portas

I will be getting A + X . Dunno if all issues or just the issues with characters and/or creative teams that i find interesting.
    These team up titles,are great in many ways.It leads to writers and artist make stories with super heroes they have never worked before,the dynamics of never before done team ups make interesting stories,and it is a cool way to super heroes which have no comic books to be in the stories again.
    Plus after having been reading the AvX:Versus series the two stories in one issue is something i am a fan of.
    Reminds me of older comic books which had two stories as well as Tales of Suspense v1.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Must have been when he tried to kill him in Avengers:X-Sanction
    No, Cable's far future. Cap is dead and Cable takes up his shield in the Cannonite Wars. Much like Major Victory does in the Guardians alt future timeline.

The interaction in X-Sanction was just bad writing.

I have just read a claim that A + X somehow indicates Hope is alive post-AvX. Has some image or interview been released related to A + X that indicates this?

Yes, the unreleased full cover of A plus X #1 shows Hope among the other heroes flying with what looks to be a phoenix trail around her. Its a sketch image but it says Hope right next to her. You can find the sketch by searching for an a plus x thread.

Yes, the unreleased full cover of A plus X #1 shows Hope among the other heroes flying with what looks to be a phoenix trail around her. Its a sketch image but it says Hope right next to her. You can find the sketch by searching for an a plus x thread.
    Given the cover image I have been able to find displays Doop and there is no indication he appears in any story of A+X, I do not accept that this is evidence of Hope's survival post-AvX. This would indicate more to me that the spirit of cooperation is Hope's legacy similar to Jean wishing that Scott Summers would find happiness initially with Emma.

Does it really seem plausible a post-AvX world would have Hope cruising around wielding any of the Phoenix Force?

Since I go for HC these days, and this is not a flagship title but more of a teamup title, Ill probably give it a pass. Team-up titles, I only tend to get depending on the characters involved... thats impossible with HC waiting.

BANNED

Ugh! When will this event end?

It's been dragging on for too long!

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Ugh! When will this event end?

It's been dragging on for too long!
    Back when Millar and Hitch were working on Ultimates, they could make 4 issues seem like a year's worth of stories ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Back when Millar and Hitch were working on Ultimates, they could make 4 issues seem like a year's worth of stories ...
    Yeah, but at least those issues were worth reading. They had political commentary, character development, soap opera drama, terrorism, etc. They were like episodes from a TV show.

This event is just heroes VS heroes. Civil War had more substance than this!