Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The neat thing there is that I honestly think there's like 4 matches on that card which could have been main events for a secondary PPV at least.

If nothing else, I miss the depth that WCW in particular had in the 90's. That's probably something we'll never have again.
    i also liked the variety on the cards, very much a "something for everybody" type of wrestling show that we don't see these days.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i also liked the variety on the cards, very much a "something for everybody" type of wrestling show that we don't see these days.
    I think we to a degree lose some of that because so many of WWE's specialty matches are becoming their own PPV's.

I liked having Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania in particular, even though I think it's a descent enough concept to have it's own PPV. And you're at least less likely to have a Hell in a Cell or Elimination chamber at any other time in the year, because it's now it's own PPV.

If having themes PPVs like that increases the interest in their secondary PPVs, I can understand the logic. But I nonetheless miss having a few more gimmick matches thrown in there now and then.

Since the main thread discussed Goldberg I thought I'd post this

IMO I thought that was pretty well done in how WCW debuted him. They didn't give him a enterance and he was just introduced as a jobber, whom actually wrestled a competitive match against Hugh Morris. Despite that I don't think anyone took him seriously, least till he kicked out of Hugh Morris's finishing move. My jaw was on the floor when that happened then he went and defeated Hugh Morris. I found that debut he had more impactful than defeating a few random jobbers.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post

IMO I thought that was pretty well done in how WCW debuted him. They didn't give him a enterance and he was just introduced as a jobber, whom actually wrestled a competitive match against Hugh Morris. Despite that I don't think anyone took him seriously, least till he kicked out of Hugh Morris's finishing move. My jaw was on the floor when that happened then he went and defeated Hugh Morris. I found that debut he had more impactful than defeating a few random jobbers.
    Yeah. It was somewhat similar to the 123 Kids big win over Razor, in that you didn't necessarily see it coming. And that's what made it cool.

As critical as I was for Goldberg and his push, I can't argue that it didn't work and wasn't executed very well at least at the start.

the nitro after uncensored was historic
    disco is beginning a feud with konehead and kicks it off by interrupting tony & mike as they are about to play koneheads shitty music video again, asking them to please not play it because it's horrible, then to not play it out of respect for him. tony & mike are just pleased as punch with themselves as they ignore his request and go ahead and roll the video, what happens next is pure fucking magic

NWO black & white, while the matches continue to suck the shenanigans are funny as hell.
    flair is almost full heel, benoit & malenko are getting almost no rub from being horsemen
    rey wins the CW title from kidman in a damn good match.
    rick steiner & meng are just beating people up in the midcard
    steiner & buff break up NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jericho & booker have a great match for the TV title
    hard to say where nash & hogan stand, they're beefing with flair who's pretty much heel, but still heel themselves and playing some kind of game with david flair still. goldberg also want the title, he's the only clear cut face.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

I bet they book Goldberg in a cage match that has no dq or countout because they said they were having a stip ppv a year ago at a certain date, but they don't want to put the belt on him so they have to beat him #WCW.
    Wait, something off about that....

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I bet they book Goldberg in a cage match that has no dq or countout because they said they were having a stip ppv a year ago at a certain date, but they don't want to put the belt on him so they have to beat him #WCW.
    Wait, something off about that....
    as long as it's not a 1st blood cage match that ends with a pinfall i'm cool.

as long as it's not a 1st blood cage match that ends with a pinfall i'm cool.
    Ohhh, did you watch that one yet? Hogan and flair right?
    The older those guys got, the more into cutting they got.
    A first blood match must have confused the shit out of Flair.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post

Yeah, that was a pretty impressive debut.

Also, I laughed at the fan who had the RAW "Retired Awful Wrestlers" sign, only because he was talking about old/retired wrestlers and was at WCW.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Ohhh, did you watch that one yet? Hogan and flair right?
    The older those guys got, the more into cutting they got.
    A first blood match must have confused the shit out of Flair.
    it didn't even bother me that the match continued after flair was busted open within the 1st 5 minutes because the ref was crooked, but once hogan was bleeding why would he let it continue especially when flair was getting his ass kicked like it was hogan/flair in the 80's.

it didn't even bother me that the match continued after flair was busted open within the 1st 5 minutes because the ref was crooked, but once hogan was bleeding why would he let it continue especially when flair was getting his ass kicked like it was hogan/flair in the 80's.
    Because it was WCW?

If I remember that match right, it was Flair winning a first blood match via a figure 4 leg lock.

I guess if both guys are bleeding by that point, but they're keeping the match going anyways there's nothing else you can do.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its said that Hogan and Flair both forgot the match rules and blad too early , WCW realized if they ended the match early people would get pissed so they kept it rolling.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its said that Hogan and Flair both forgot the match rules and blad too early , WCW realized if they ended the match early people would get pissed so they kept it rolling.
    The best thing to do with a hogan match is to make sure it goes longer.
    <.<
    >.>

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If I remember that match right, it was Flair winning a first blood match via a figure 4 leg lock.

I guess if both guys are bleeding by that point, but they're keeping the match going anyways there's nothing else you can do.
    they still could've stopped it via blood, it was even foreshadowed before the match started. earlier in the night the announce team tell us how much it means for robison to ref the match as a longtime admirer/fan/supporter of flair. then just before the match starts flair tells robinson that the match is to big to call over incidental blood like a cut on the elbow or finger or a scratch on the face and to use his discretion. it would've been perfectly acceptable for robison to make the call that hogans blood was serious and flairs was incidental being that robison was in flairs pocket and i think soon to become lil naitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    i don't buy that for a couple of reasons, 1)awhile after flair is bleeding hogan is pointing to flairs blood asking why isn't robinson stopping the match and 2)robinsons heel turn was foreshadowed. 3)right before the match flair goes into detail about the match being 1st blood and not to stop it over small trickle or incidental blood.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 11-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.