Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

i recently watched the all the nitros from sept 97- sept 98 and didn't see that. did all this go down between sept-dec 98?? because by 99 wrath was still booked strong but jobbing cleanly in a mini feud with bam bam.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

elsewhere in the 90's, these fuckers just went completely nuts
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i recently watched the all the nitros from sept 97- sept 98 and didn't see that. did all this go down between sept-dec 98?? because by 99 wrath was still booked strong but jobbing cleanly in a mini feud with bam bam.
    It was in late 1998. Because it was around Starrcade 98 , where Goldberg would lose to Nash.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

In response to one of SuperCW's earlier posts.

Thanks for the recap on Adam Bomb. I remember his earlier WWF run and always wondered where he vanished off to (sorry, wasnt much of a WCW guy back in the day).
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    In response to one of SuperCW's earlier posts.

Thanks for the recap on Adam Bomb. I remember his earlier WWF run and always wondered where he vanished off to (sorry, wasnt much of a WCW guy back in the day).
    It never occurred to me Adam Bomb and Wrath was the same guy for a number of years. It surprised me when I learned that .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    elsewhere in the 90's, these fuckers just went completely nuts
    Brings the question which introduced hardcore wrestling first? Japan or the US?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Brings the question which introduced hardcore wrestling first? Japan or the US?
    FMW formed in 1989....it inspired Tri-State which was really the precursor to what would become Eastern Championship Wrestling. And later ECW. So FMW gets credit for starting the hardcore wrestling craze a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    FMW formed in 1989....it inspired Tri-State which was really the precursor to what would become Eastern Championship Wrestling. And later ECW. So FMW gets credit for starting the hardcore wrestling craze a lot.
    Having seen their share of matches FMW makes ECW look like WWECW in terms of hardcore wrestling. Some crazy matches they had overthere

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Having seen their share of matches FMW makes ECW look like WWECW in terms of hardcore wrestling. Some crazy matches they had overthere

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Oh yeah ...those guys did some wild stuff. I had heard back when Heyman was 1st on PPV for ECW , he wanted to do a potential Death Match (I believe with Tommy vs Raven , or Sandman vs Raven) and he was proposing it . But a major worry was the PPV providers would never televise a death match with an exploding ring and Heyman decided against it. Because he had just gotten on PPV after the Mass Transit debacle and didn't wanna piss them off again and potentially throw him off.

Wrestling in the 90s: you don't realise you had it good until it's gone. I regret not having gone to more live event during that time. Especially during those hot Nitros and ECW.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Wrestling in the 90s: you don't realise you had it good until it's gone. I regret not having gone to more live event during that time. Especially during those hot Nitros and ECW.
    I wish I were present at the following things

In the ECW Arena when Pillman debuted
    In the ECW Arena when Lawler invaded (it's a surprise the crowd didn't riot)
    In the ECW Arena when the Dudley's create those awesome promos against the audience.
    One Night Stand 2 with Cena vs Van Dam (I don't hate Cena, but him being booed out of the building was awesome beyond awesome)
    Shawn Michaels being booed out of Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    i feel the same, kind of. i regret never going to see WCW when they were in california, but it wasn't because i didn't want to go, i just didn't have the disposable income back then. had i realized WCW wasn't going to be around forever i might've made something happen though.

watched the nitros leading into superbrawl 99.
    steiner/kimberly reached a new level as he kidnapped her and threw her from a moving car.
    rey had an awesome match against the debuting blitzkrieg as he a konehead prepare for their match against luger & nash where reys mask is being put up against elizabeths hair.
    disco is still awesome and is finally accepted into the NWO wolfpac, he'll be facing booker t.
    it's still funny to see flair get his ass kicked.
    bret dropped the US title to roddy piper and is feuding with will saso(of madtv).
    double elimination tag team tourney was cool. i've come to appreciate barry windham. will be beniot & malenko vs hennig & windham.
    saturn and jericho with ralphus & scott dickenson(referee) are still feuding.
    bam bam and goldberg will finally be going one on one.
    hogan still sux and i hate watching him trying to be cool & hip as much now as i did back then(and still do today).

anyways good couple of nitros and i'm ready for superbrawl!!

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Hey, Lbo. I was wondering something. Did you never watch those Nitros in the 90s? If not you are gonna be in for some nice surprises. I really liked that WCW period from the NWO until the closure of WCW. I enjoyed that WCW period more than the WWE period at that time.