Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He likely would have really. I know there is talk of guys your legit scared of. I know some claimed the Road Warriors were vicious guys and all. But I'm sorry ... New Jack has killed some people and with his demeanor I'd be like HELL NO ...I don't wanna wrestle him.
    Funny thing only Vince is one of the few promoters crazy enough to want to consider hiring. To talk about vicious guys I hear Taker can be pretty intimidating, he's one of the few that can intimidate Vince and thats saying something. I remember reading that after the screwjob incident it was Taker who made Vince go to Bret to try and smooth things over.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Terri was smoking back in the day though. I will say that...I saw her bikini contest at Royal Rumble 2000 ...dear lord.
    No argument there. A true MILF

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Funny thing only Vince is one of the few promoters crazy enough to want to consider hiring. To talk about vicious guys I hear Taker can be pretty intimidating, he's one of the few that can intimidate Vince and thats saying something. I remember reading that after the screwjob incident it was Taker who made Vince go to Bret to try and smooth things over.
    Its said that Shawn before Wrestlemania 14 was walking around telling people he wasn't gonna do the job to Austin. Its said Taker looked at him and glared to do it or face the consequences . Shawn its said walked out and did it . That was a story written by Keith or a report that came out. That it was Taker who warned HBK to do it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

While those praised The Attitude Era this post also showed the ugly side of it. PMS(Pretty Mean Sistas) was the worst stable of that era. Next to the racist biker gang
    Oh you mean the fucking RACE WARS they were promoting between DOA, The Nation and the Puerto Rican group with that really hairy guy and Savio Vega?
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Oh you mean the fucking RACE WARS they were promoting between DOA, The Nation and the Puerto Rican group with that really hairy guy and Savio Vega?
    Yep. Goes to show that the attitude era isnt as perfect as WWE says

Yep. Goes to show that the attitude era isnt as perfect as WWE says
    There was some horrible shit during that time . The company was as Russo claims using every quarter hour to throw as much at fans to keep them watching and not turn to WCW.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Los Boriquas. And it's sad I didn't need to look that up.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Los Boriquas. And it's sad I didn't need to look that up.
    I just couldn't spell it... All I remember was Savio Vega and a really hair guy..... that was just a really awkward time.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

The best thing to ever happen in the attitude era was when Undertaker was going to embalm Steve Austin alive until Kane came crashing in like Frankenstein's monster and started fighting the Undertaker. Damn that was awesome.
    Everything burns...

I also loved the lightning and fireball wars Kane and Taker would have. I really miss the insane shit like that.
    Everything burns...

Steve Austin had the best line and rip on the NOD basically during this entire race war there. "Its not a white thing , its not a black thing ...its a me stomping your ass thing !"

I always laugh at that when Austin said it. Plus who remembers where he destroyed a truck and the entire Nation ?

I thought the NOD improved when The Rock took over, shame that Mark Henry didn't become the unstoppable monster back then like he was when he had that push

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

so i'm into the 2nd week of 99 WCW nitro, this was the week that norman smiley threw pepe in the wood chipper. flair is in charge and making life hell for bitchoff. the luchadores from the LWO ditched eddy for flairs promises of money and women, xcept for rey. wolfpac/NWO turned on konehead because he stopped luger from beating down rey. bam bam & wrath have a feud going. saturn just agreed to a loser wears a dress match against jericho. they started showing segments of a rich spoiled raven with his buddy(sandman) at home moping around. DDP had a real nice match against steiner. steiner with buff at his side is so awesome at this time. booker T is awesome but not doing much.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Back in 1996 WCW seemingly could do no wrong. The NWO was the hottest angle running. The Cruiserweights were routinely stealing the show each week on Nitro. The talent raids of Jericho , Benoit and Malenko were the best things about Nitro. But of course with a hot company , at times they would do some weird ideas. One weird idea was someone in the company likely played Mortal Kombat and thought ....hmmmmmm that Subzero character would make one hell of a nice wrestler to have on TV.

Ok beyond the fact that its literally impossible to take this guy and actually make a pro wrestler out of him , this didn't stop WCW....

As a young fan I was like... this is awesome. The guy literally blows cold ice from his breath and can likely in matches freeze a guy. I mean if Undertaker can bury guys and come back from the literal dead....then this dude can do it. Ohhhh boy how wrong I was. The promos were the best possible thing about Glacier that WCW did. Because for weeks we'd see the tagline "Blood runs cold..."

Sadly the final result was this guy....

It was the ultimate let down if your a fan. Your expecting a cool Mortal Kombat type character and you get a guy with a weird contact lens in one eye. Its no shock that Raymond Lloyd who portrayed Glacier didn't last long. The character according to Lloyd was given such a high profile entrance and special costume designed , the final bill was half a million dollars at final cost. After a short heel turn , Lloyd was able to retire the Glacier character and before he was fired in 1999 due to a cost cutting venture , he had another failed gimmick. Which I'm sure was cheaper than Glacier.

Pffft, WWE wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be as far as racism in that era.
    I beleive it was roddy piper talking about mr.t, and remarking that he wore more chains than his ancestors.
    Wrestling has a long history of racism, and race angles tend to work because it makes people angry, which is heat that's easy to get.