Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Chris Claremont was RIGHT.

Marvel's idea for AvX is simple. The X-Men are too secluded and not fully integrated with the MU, let's kick them off their high horse and force them into being part of the Avengers! They want to make the entire MU more cohesive and integrated in such a way that it will not be strange to see Moon Knight fighting alongside Gambit or something like that. The problem is they're doing it wrong, they're forcing the alliance with a crossover that has gotten negative response by most fans. Enter Chris Claremont.

The fabled X-Scribe had been doing for ages what they're trying to do now. Claremont brought the X-World and the Fantastic Four closer, not only during his "much-maligned" run in FF v3 but even before that. When Khan and his minions tried to invade the Earth, who did Claremont use? The Avengers. And let us not forget, when the Avengers wanted to get rid of Carol Cheeseburger what did Claremont do? Well he created ROGUE.

There is only one writer that knows the MU and understands how it works.

Let us use this thread to reminisce about different displays of an integrated X-Men in the MU with Claremont at the helm.
    Last edited by Valeria Kementari; 08-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Marvel's idea for AvX is simple. The X-Men are too secluded and not fully integrated with the MU, let's kick them off their high horse and force them into being part of the Avengers! They want to make the entire MU more cohesive and integrated in such a way that it will not be strange to see Moon Knight fighting alongside Gambit or something like that. The problem is they're doing it wrong, they're forcing the alliance with a crossover that has gotten negative response by most fans. Enter Chris Claremont.

The fabled X-Scribe had been doing for ages what they're trying to do now. Claremont brought the X-World and the Fantastic Four closer, not only during his "much-maligned" run in FF v3 but even before that. When Khan and his minions tried to invade the Earth, who did Claremont use? The Avengers. And let us not forget, when the Avengers wanted to get rid of Carol Cheeseburger what did Claremont do? Well he created ROGUE.

Marvel the answer is simple. Bring back the one true writer that knows the MU and understands how it works. Bring back Claremont.

Let us use this thread to reminisce about different displays of an integrated X-Men in the MU with Claremont at the helm.
    I agree with you that they editors want the MU more united and cohesive, but plaese do not pick CC to be the master editor and writer here. His 70 and 80's stuff is/was fantastic, but I really think he has burned out at this point.
    It's easy to bond over hating something together. The internet is total proof of that. ---- Codex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bamf25 View Post
    I agree with you that they editors want the MU more united and cohesive, but plaese do not pick CC to be the master editor and writer here. His 70 and 80's stuff is/was fantastic, but I really think he has burned out at this point.
    He's been doing what they wanted to do in an organic way that was correct. They are trying to force it. Until they learn from him they are not fit to attempt things like this.

Claremont is too much of a loose cannon for them to bring him back. He doesn't fit in Marvel's business model/universe these days. Imagine editorial going to CC and asking him to do something like AvX. His answer would be a resou1nding, "GTFOruSERIUSBro."Now, if he were to go to DC and revive a series there . . .
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Claremont was great in his day, but Marvel shouldn't keep falling back on the same writers over and over again. What you'd be left with if he comes back is a situation like the one with Bendis writing three Avengers books. They seriously need some new blood.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

BANNED

All-New All-Different Doom Patrol.

I don't care if a writer is new or old. I just want them to turn in good work. If Claremont has a really interesting direction for a book, he should totally get a shot at doing it. Anything has to be better than bringing the O5 back from the past.

Claremont is always right.
    Visit ~ Storm-Goddess ~ One of the longest running and most advance Storm fansite on the net

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Claremont is always right.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Claremont was great in his day, but Marvel shouldn't keep falling back on the same writers over and over again. What you'd be left with if he comes back is a situation like the one with Bendis writing three Avengers books. They seriously need some new blood.
    A bunch of dead Avengers would do nicely.

I miss Claremont
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

i agree, nobody wants x-men in hells kitchen or fighting hydra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I miss Claremont
    I wonder if some of you really miss Claremont, or are just saying that out of misplaced nostalgia.

His last uninhibited X-Men work was X-Men Forever. That was literally him doing whatever he wanted with the X-Men.

I actually do miss Claremont and no one can tell me different. Now I will say this, I HATE X-Men Forever with a passion. Some of Claremont's ideas were just terrible. That's why my favorite comic combos are Claremont/X-Staff. Claremont knew how to write in depth characters and used their powers in amazing ways. The X-Staff/Editors know how to get rid of the crap Claremont tend to add to his otherwise masterpiece from time to time.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    i wonder if some of you really miss claremont, or are just saying that out of misplaced nostalgia.

His last uninhibited x-men work was x-men forever. That was literally him doing whatever he wanted with the x-men.
    i ♥ cap america