Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    wasn't the eventual villain in the Mystique series transgendered?
    Not really, I don't think. It was just Prudence's mind trapped in Steinbeck's body due to her original body being destroyed; she still identified herself as female and wore that really ugly outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    The Brazilian woman Mystique helped should return after her latent mutant powers are awakened.
    She was the first one that popped into my head as well =p
    Last edited by Anon_me; 08-04-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    [Insert signature here ]

Mystique transcends gender.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Quote Originally Posted by Come To Deathstrike View Post
    Mystique transcends gender.
    I'd definitely agree with that.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

There have been some transgender characters in the X-Mens past. I don't think they were very prominent but still it shows the writers aren't afraid to create transgender characters, Jessie for example. Also Mindmeld could be considered transgender as it was never explicitly stated but refers to herself as female in a male body (Not conclusive I know) . Shapeshifters (I know you don't count 'em) are usually the characters used as transgender characters. Also I think in Runaways, (not a reader), Xavin is considered transgender. Still I would happily welcome a transgender X-Person !

Also I think in Runaways, (not a reader), Xavin is considered transgender
    It's been argued but many don't see it that way. A shape changing Skrull with Identity issues is not really equal. Not to many folk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MutantSpellcaster View Post
    There have been some transgender characters in the X-Mens past. I don't think they were very prominent but still it shows the writers aren't afraid to create transgender characters, Jessie for example. Also Mindmeld could be considered transgender as it was never explicitly stated but refers to herself as female in a male body (Not conclusive I know) . Shapeshifters (I know you don't count 'em) are usually the characters used as transgender characters. Also I think in Runaways, (not a reader), Xavin is considered transgender. Still I would happily welcome a transgender X-Person !
    Excellent post, MSC. I don't recall Mindmeld, but definitely seems like an interesting character.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Excellent post, MSC. I don't recall Mindmeld, but definitely seems like an interesting character.
    X-Force 60ish if memory serves me right, just another flunkie that never saw the light of day again. Kinda like Vincente, Murmur and the rest. I remember liking Clearcut from that bunch.

Omg wasn't there another one in X-Force as well... the blonde kid... in the Hellions with Paradigm... argh can't remember... SWITCH! that was it!

Last edited by Valeria Kementari; 08-04-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: scan!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Rather than saying that a shapeshifter can't be transgender, It's more that cross gender shapeshifting doesn't automatically mean that the "transgender" label can or should apply.
    But Mystique doesn't just shift, he's indentified and lived his life regendered.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    But Mystique doesn't just shift, he's indentified and lived his life regendered.
    I was referring to shapeshifters in general, rather than Mystique and just clarifying what Leirus posted, about one thing not equalling the other.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Omniversal Dominatrix. The Scarlet Witch's Avatar

I still say 'Emma Frost' is Christian Frost. The real Emma is still imprisoned in a nuthouse somewhere.

BANNED

I'd kill for an Unique X-Character

BANNED

Masque went from dude to chick.